Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #99
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
just got home seats wer changed today...

look ok.. still kinda loose.
tech said let it sit out side should tighten up... i hope..
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #100
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I have two reasons why I bought a 1SS.
1. The leather is mostly vinyl. You do not have "leather" seats, you have leather appointed seating surfaces as I found out when I bought my brand new 1998 Z-28.
2. When my leather appointed seating surfaces got about 30,000 miles on them before I traded it for my cloth upholstered 2002 SS, the driver's seat was all creased, cracked and worn out. The passenger's seat looked much better(my wife weighs 100 pounds).
The back seats were still like new. Never been sat in. The only thing that I wish I had is the gauges and I will be getting them next month. I have the BA stereo and polished wheels.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #101
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
just got home seats wer changed today...

look ok.. still kinda loose.
tech said let it sit out side should tighten up... i hope..
I would think the heat would loosen the covers as they will be expanding.

I'm figuring if my seats continue to stretch, the foam shrinks or otherwise looks bad and GM won't warranty it, I would like to reupholster the front seats with the same vinyl material as the backs seats.

I think the vinyl looks great. My 03 Chevy work truck has a pewter color vinyl upholstery and it still looks very nice. Of course, it only has 45,000 miles on it, but it stays outside year round.
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #102
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
So let me get this straight. Basically the only reasons you bought a 1SS were because of the interior materials? Uh, right.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #103
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
My wife said my seats stretched cause of my ass.

Next - Tinting
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #104
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
I wish my wife’s ass left that small of an imprint. Oh crap did I really just say that?

At least you can be proud of the small imprint.

All kidding aside mine don’t do that but I have permanent wrinkles on my driver seat but not bad enough to complain.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #105
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
I have two reasons why I bought a 1SS.
1. The leather is mostly vinyl. You do not have "leather" seats, you have leather appointed seating surfaces as I found out when I bought my brand new 1998 Z-28.
2. When my leather appointed seating surfaces got about 30,000 miles on them before I traded it for my cloth upholstered 2002 SS, the driver's seat was all creased, cracked and worn out. The passenger's seat looked much better(my wife weighs 100 pounds).
The back seats were still like new. Never been sat in. The only thing that I wish I had is the gauges and I will be getting them next month. I have the BA stereo and polished wheels.
Sorry I really don't mean to come off as an ass, But a lot of us do have the issue with the seat leathers. Im not sure your comment (and others comments) about not getting the Leather seats adds anything to the conversation. If you dont have anything useful to say about the specific topic (Stretched leather seats) Then maybe its better not posting anything, Besides "leather appointed" means the seating surfaces(places where your ass and back touch the seat) are leather and that's the area we are complaining about. Obviously we know that areas like the back of the seat and the side areas are not made of leather.

On that note, My 2LT is actually doing it pretty badly now and I have about 1300 Miles on it and its driven only on weekends. Ill probably call my dealer next week and see what they have to say. As people posted here hopefully my car will be in the "case by case" basis.
And a quick question if there is a repair will they actually change the seat or just the material?
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #106
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
Your being thin is the exact reason this is occurring. It is a lbs. per square inch factor. The larger surface area that you project onto the seat equals less pressure onto the seating surface. If you are thin and bony you are actually pressing with more force onto a smaller section of the seat. That is the same with leather shoes that are tight when you buy them but stretch to fit you feet with wear. Either get used to the wrinkles or start eating more twinkies!
Great....just great. If my seat doesn't bunch up, it will confirm my wife's suspicions......that I do in fact have a fat ass!

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #107
Dice 13

Drives: BMW 135i
I think that sucks. I would think GM would fix something that is less then a year old, months in some cases it seems with so little miles. My last 3 cars had leather and never had any issues and I am 205 fit guy. My Wife is I guess 105 to 115 never saw that in here seat either. Bullshit if they don't take care of the issues with no bullshit excuse ah ah but its leather on a 40 k car or paid for option.
Dice 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #108
Dice 13

Drives: BMW 135i
Sit on a pillow is an idea. But thats not funny after spending all that hard earned cash.
Dice 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #109
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

this is an actuall issue... GM knows about it... there is a service bulletin.

for the earlier production cars... the stitching was pulled to a lower spec.. they replace the covers with new ones... stitching is tighter i guess?
not sure if the material is diff, appears to be the same...

other cars also have had this problem. some corvettes. and a traverse that i know of.

GM has been handling it very well... just find a dealer that gives a shit and you will get it fixed... it is on a car to car basis...

1)the dealer will look @ your car
2)take pictures send them to GM
3)get new covers
4) replace them

all @ no charge.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #110
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

anyone is the ohio area... i have found pat o brian WEST to be the best dealer there is.....

see Lisa

do amazing work.
nicest ppl.
clean.
honest.

called her, next day saw my car... two days later called said the covers were ordered... day or so later called the seats were in.... next day installed them in a few hours and gave me a rental... all free of charge
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #111
ruckus328

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro 2LT/RS
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just bought a 2011 2LT 13 days ago. Hit 500 miles today (been driving alot to break her in). I have this same problem. It's BAD, and I only weigh 175lbs. Started noticing it within a couple days of leaving the dealer, and it just keeps getting worse. Had leather in a quite a few other cars, never had anything like this - and I paid alot more for my camaro than any of those other cars. My wife's only been in the car for about 100 miles, and it's already started on her side too. Looks terrible, I was actually starting to get really alarmed by it. So I did some searching and found this thread. Really glad I did now, going to call the dealer tomorrow. Thing is, if they knew about this issue on the 2010 models, why is it still happening with my 2011? Pretty discouraging, considering the amount of money I paid. On top of it my mp3 interface started crapping out and doing random digital "snap crackle pops" that last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes. Tried a different ipod, same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but starting to get pretty concerned now as to the quality and if this is only the begining of the problems.
ruckus328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #112
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
Has any one ran into a problem with the bottom part (where your butt goes)of the leather seats becoming loose and stretched in appearance?

passanger side...
where my gf sits, 5'5 120lbs...

my drivers seat in much worse than the passanger...
just doesnt look good.
loose and wrinkly= never good if you know what im saying.

i could see maybe if i was 300lbs but im 5foot7 150?
It will come bcak... my 3 year old wanted to sit in my car and put his knee in my seat and it did the same thing. I was freaked out at first thinking stretched out. It came back after a few days.

Last edited by newagemuscle; 08-08-2010 at 07:38 PM.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote