Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
jordan 572

Drives: none
iphone bluetooth streaming

I have connected my iphone 4 to the aux input using bluetooth. DO i have to search for it everytime i want to use it? it stays connected until I switch to a different input.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
moultron

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Send a message via AIM to moultron Send a message via Skype™ to moultron
I am confused about what you are asking. Did you hook it through an aux. cable or are you trying to play music via bluetooth?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
If you have set up the bluetooth connection on both the car and the phone, whenever you get in the car it will search for the phone. If you're referring to the gmusicconnect option, i would leave the radio on before I exit the car, when i'm ready to get into the car again, I would remote start the car, as soon as you put the key in the ignition, it will say connecting to..... across the radio screen. I hope this answers your question.
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
jordan 572

yea i am using bluetooth to connect my phone. it is the gmusicconnect i am using as that is what t says on my phone when it is searching. everytime i get in i have to manually go through the radio and manually search for it. It wont connect automatically.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
yea i am using bluetooth to connect my phone. it is the gmusicconnect i am using as that is what t says on my phone when it is searching. everytime i get in i have to manually go through the radio and manually search for it. It wont connect automatically.
Atleast you got yours to connect. My iPhone 4 wont connect via bluetooth for audiostreaming. Only works as a phone. I even got the pdim updated today. and still nothing.
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
jordan 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer4 View Post
Atleast you got yours to connect. My iPhone 4 wont connect via bluetooth for audiostreaming. Only works as a phone. I even got the pdim updated today. and still nothing.
weird. Maybe try to restore your phone? That sucks. I figured if i leave the aux input on when i turn off my car it will search automatically when i turn the radio back on. Is there any other way? like if i were to leave it on fm when i turned my car off. when i get back in and turn the radio on i have to go to the aux input and search manually again for my phone
Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
smaegley

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
My iPhone4 connects automatically every time I enter my car. It connects both the "General Motors" bluetooth for the phone and the "GMMusicConnect" for audio streaming.

destroyer4 - Make sure you are connecting both bluetooth modules, specifically the GMMusicConnect for a2dp stereo streaming. It took me a week of driving around with an aux cable plugged in before I realized there was another bluetooth module. You can search the forms for specifics of how to activate the GMMusicConnect setup menu, but it basically involves selecting the AUX bluetooth input and hitting the menu button. It should be fairly easy from there.
smaegley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
Yeah, my iPhone 4 works just great via Bluetooth. USB (on iOS 4) is still not right but BT works like a charm.
-joe-
Old 07-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
jordan 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaegley View Post
My iPhone4 connects automatically every time I enter my car. It connects both the "General Motors" bluetooth for the phone and the "GMMusicConnect" for audio streaming.

destroyer4 - Make sure you are connecting both bluetooth modules, specifically the GMMusicConnect for a2dp stereo streaming. It took me a week of driving around with an aux cable plugged in before I realized there was another bluetooth module. You can search the forms for specifics of how to activate the GMMusicConnect setup menu, but it basically involves selecting the AUX bluetooth input and hitting the menu button. It should be fairly easy from there.
even when you havent left it on the aux input before shutting off the car?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
smaegley

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
even when you havent left it on the aux input before shutting off the car?
I never noticed, but you're right. I only listen to music from my phone so it isn't an issue for me.

If, when I turn off the car, the aux input is set to anything other than the iPhone, I have to manually connect the iPhone again the next time I start up the car. You do that from the phone but going into Settings -> General -> Bluetooth and then select the GMusicConnect Device.
smaegley is offline   Reply With Quote