Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #57
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
From an interview with Cheryl Pilcher, Chevrolet Camaro product manager, posted on Automobilemag.com:

Will there be a Z28 model?

CP: "There will be no Z28 model. Through the four generations of Camaro, there have been cases where Chevrolet chose to make the Z28 the top dog or the SS the top dog. As you're aware, Chevrolet is encouraging the SS strategy with cars such as the HHR SS and Cobalt SS. Consistent with this strategy, we have a Camaro SS."
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #58
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
yup - this was a letdown in so many ways. how does the ss differ in appearance?does it? so the RS package will be the only way to get HIDs and afterburners?

soo many questions left unanswered......

still very good information.

after seeing the colors, i think i just might be getting mine in cyber grey.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #59
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
No Z28 = no camaro for me.

Just like others i'm a little disapointed ... maybe thinking about a GT500 ...

Even if there is a Z28 ... when? I won't be waiting 2 more years to have this car ... All the process is soooo long. The camaro should have been out 1 year ago, then we would have the Z28 by the end of the year ...

Mustang was first and got the money ... maybe it's too late now ...
Sure go for the GT500. After all it gets way worse gas mileage. And just cause you're in France doesn't mean gas is any cheaper over there. On Star, near 50/50 weight distribution, and plus it weigh more, that's got help the gas mileage.
As for me I'm stayin true to my word, it's still a Camaro in my garage. I'm not tryin to impress anybody with the car, it's impressive all by it's self.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
octane_n_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #60
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
this is insane! a dif. engine 4 an automatic?!?!?! i must say, just a tad bit disappointed w/ gas mileage, but ok. idk, i'm really really waiting 4 pricing, my emotions are a wee bit in a storm currently...
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #61
octane_n_veins

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
From an interview with Cheryl Pilcher, Chevrolet Camaro product manager, posted on Automobilemag.com:

Will there be a Z28 model?

CP: "There will be no Z28 model. Through the four generations of Camaro, there have been cases where Chevrolet chose to make the Z28 the top dog or the SS the top dog. As you're aware, Chevrolet is encouraging the SS strategy with cars such as the HHR SS and Cobalt SS. Consistent with this strategy, we have a Camaro SS."
There maybe later. In 1967 when the Camaro first came out there was only the RS and SS models available and the Z28 can out later that year. Since GM is re-releasing the Camaro it only seems fitting to follow their history.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #62
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
i am soo pissed that the white may not be available til summer :(
please offer it when the camaro comes out
I noticed that too. White is a common color, why would it not be available from the start?

It's one of my 3 choices along with Silver and Gray...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #63
octane_n_veins

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
The Z/28 has already been discussed here at length... as coming later IF it comes, did they give the details of the convertible today??? not so much, does that mean IT does not exist??? notsomuch...
For now yes. They didn't say the specs are coupe only now did they? If so then what are the specs if you get the coupe w/ the sunroof? Does the change anything... NO NO NO...

Drive save & fast!

Last edited by octane_n_veins; 07-21-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #64
mprhead5

Drives: 04 MAzdaspeed miata 250whp
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
you have to take things into consideration how much more HP will these cars have?

If you want a superfast badass car, you cant have mpgs as a dealbreaker.
yea I can that why I'm buying a C5 Z06 that gets 28-30 mph on the highway while still spanking around a track like a beast.

When did cars get so heavy. wern't cars safe enough 10 years ago?

well at least it will be one hell of a muscle car. I was hoping for a little more sportyness

this car will be good at one thing though. POWER SLIDES!

current Ride: 04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 250whp 13.3 1/4m
mprhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #65
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
?? saving Hugger Orange for the Z/28 ??

The wait continues for me then
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #66
fattyj

Drives: 2010 camaro ss coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
they're pretty neat. a darker shade of red. scott yelled at me at the focus group because i put the hazards on two of the cars, one RS, one not, to compare.
why 2 shades of red? why not led taillamps for the rs package? not that i'm complaining about it, just curious. thanks
fattyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #67
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
I am stunned that some are upset over the badges? Are you kidding me?? and to boot they are going to get a Mustang cuz of it??

Wow.

Anyway, i'm just reading what ever is posted as my work firewall won't let me see any video. ERRR.

So I'll have to wait till I get home to view anything.
The MPG sound good to me considering the weight, not sure why people are bent out of shape over that.

A lot of standard options added, love that. So far, i'm good, just scared about pricing... can't wait to hear that.

Also, NO Z28 was going to be mentioned, I understand new people asking but there are some members that have been here a while and I'm surprised they are mad on not hearing any info on the Z28s.

The Imperial Blue looks purple! But my computer screen at work bites, is the Imperal Blue like a Midnight blue? Anyone?

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #68
Lex

Drives: 1989 Jaguar XJS w/L98 swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokn' View Post
this is insane! a dif. engine 4 an automatic?!?!?! i must say, just a tad bit disappointed w/ gas mileage, but ok.
The engine they are using with the 6 speed does not have the active fuel management or whatever its called and the automatic version does. They cant shut down half the cylinders and then have you shift is my guess... Either way... looks sweet...
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #69
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
but the afm auto gets the same mpg as the 6 speed manual.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #70
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
I am stunned that some are upset over the badges? Are you kidding me?? and to boot they are going to get a Mustang cuz of it??

Wow.

Anyway, i'm just reading what ever is posted as my work firewall won't let me see any video. ERRR.

So I'll have to wait till I get home to view anything.
The MPG sound good to me considering the weight, not sure why people are bent out of shape over that.

A lot of standard options added, love that. So far, i'm good, just scared about pricing... can't wait to hear that.

Also, NO Z28 was going to be mentioned, I understand new people asking but there are some members that have been here a while and I'm surprised they are mad on not hearing any info on the Z28s.

The Imperial Blue looks purple! But my computer screen at work bites, is the Imperal Blue like a Midnight blue? Anyone?
True, true! I can't believe some would go to a Mustang because of letters and fuel economy. Everything released so far sounds very, very good. And yeah, let's hope the pricing is very, very good too.

About the imperial blue, it didn't seem purple to me until you mentioned that. But to me, it's still the best blue they've got, and that's the color I want. For blue, I think it looks great! Not to mention it's obviously photoshopped. I'm sure the actual color will look good, maybe something like a lighter and bluer version of the old Navy Blue metallic.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote