Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #183
chernmax
I Need a Volunteer!!!

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
For the cost of a ZL1 and now a Z/28!!!

Oh the possibilities of an SS with 20-30 grand to mod!!!
chernmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #184
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
That car is as glued to the pavement as any I've seen. And sure it sounds like a V8, a "powerful" V8. Sorry it bores you. I dig it! BTW, I don't believe these are corporate videos.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #185
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
That car is as glued to the pavement as any I've seen. And sure it sounds like a V8, a "powerful" V8. Sorry it bores you. I dig it! BTW, I don't believe these are corporate videos.
Glued? Did you miss the ass end jumping around? I've seen several 5th gens in our group on the track just as glued for much less with less configuration. Also, that "powerful" V8? I had more to the tire than it makes at the crank (as do many, many other 5th gen owners) -- those are 'powerful' V8s and they have exhausts that make you very aware they're there and mean business.

I'm just not easily impressed with things like some of you apparently are.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #186
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Glued? Did you miss the ass end jumping around? I've seen several 5th gens in our group on the track just as glued for much less with less configuration. Also, that "powerful" V8? I had more to the tire than it makes at the crank (as do many, many other 5th gen owners) -- those are 'powerful' V8s and they have exhausts that make you very aware they're there and mean business.

You got videos of your 5th gens from your group tracking around the Nurburgring better than the Z/28 is?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #187
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You got videos of your 5th gens from your group tracking around the Nurburgring better than the Z/28 is?
Did I say they were on the 'ring?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #188
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Did I say they were on the 'ring?
Your comment implied they were, and if they aren't then it's not the same thing. The ring is a notoriously rough and uneven track so saying the Z/28 isn't cornering as well as your vette is only valid if you have video/experience with your vette on the ring.

Speaking about the Z's power as being inferior to what you and your friends have is also not quite fair as I'm sure none of your guy's cars are stock. For a fair comparison you'd have to put a stock 5th gen vette against a stock 5th gen Z/28. Once you start modifying a car all bets are off because then it's just a money game.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #189
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

Yeah we're all idiots thanks!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #190
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Your comment implied they were, and if they aren't then it's not the same thing. The ring is a notoriously rough and uneven track so saying the Z/28 isn't cornering as well as your vette is only valid if you have video/experience with your vette on the ring.

Speaking about the Z's power as being inferior to what you and your friends have is also not quite fair as I'm sure none of your guy's cars are stock. For a fair comparison you'd have to put a stock 5th gen vette against a stock 5th gen Z/28. Once you start modifying a car all bets are off because then it's just a money game.
:clap2 :
Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #191
HumanWiki

Quote:

My original thoughts were only about the video itself being boring and not really showing much based on how much everyone else was getting off to it. That's all. I only brought up the other bits when challenged on why I thought it was boring, so, I explained why. I'm not buying a Z/28. No interest in it. I think it will be a very nice track performer for those that can drive it to its full potential. I just don't get much from the video.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #192
HumanWiki

Quote:
Yeah we're all idiots thanks!
I didn't call anyone an idiot. You're putting words in to my mouth. I simply stated that I'm not as easily impressed with things. That doesn't have anything to do with someone's intelligence level.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #193
HumanWiki

Quote:
:clap2 :
I believe you missed the fellatio icon.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #194
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Glued? Did you miss the ass end jumping around? I've seen several 5th gens in our group on the track just as glued for much less with less configuration.
If you're referring to the Z/28's exit from the Karussell, you really can't compare that to any other track. There's LOT going on there - very bumpy on the banking, transition from banking to flat on exit, and transition from a concrete to asphalt surface. Pretty much any car you see going through there is going to have issues.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #195
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Please watch the video of the red ZL1 followed by the Corvette and then the Z/28 again. Then let me know if you don't see what I and others are seeing regarding the handling of the Z/28, and the sound of the Z/28 in comparison to the other two.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #196
HumanWiki

Quote:
Please watch the video of the red ZL1 followed by the Corvette and then the Z/28 again. Then let me know if you don't see what I and others are seeing regarding the handling of the Z/28, and the sound of the Z/28 in comparison to the other two.
Why? So I can change my opinion and align it to the one you think I should have? My opinion differs and that's my right.