Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Angry the RS has two different sized tires? No Way!

This would be me venting.
So I have a 2012 1LT/RS A6. I brought it to my local dealership yesterday because I’m having problems with my torque converter, its been sputtering and causing an awful shake when I want to slowly accelerate on the highway (yay). After two people and two test drives they noticed it and ordered a new one that’s getting put in later this week

I also just hit 15,000 miles on my car and the dealership had the whole service plan to go with that, being checking the linkages, changing the cabin filter, and whatnot. So I decided I would get it because it’s better to be safe than sorry. Well while they did all that, THEY DECIDED TO ROTATE MY TIRES! I wasn’t told about the tire rotation, but today I was walking to my car and I thought my front tires looked awfully fat. Then I noticed I had 275/40-20’s on my fronts. So I called the service manager and told him about the mess up and past problems. So he sent out two techs to come to my work, pick up my car, un-rotate my tires, and bring it back.

So now I’m nervous about them changing the torque converter on my car! If they can’t notice tires how can I let them do that job? Do you guys need to state EVERY TIME that you don’t want your tires rotated or something?

Also I’m thinking about just dropping them all together. I hate that thought because they are so convenient to me. But I’ve had them lie to me about what oil went into my car and that was a fun battle. ( I was told dexos was standard to the v6 and I wasn’t ballsy enough to make the full synthetic plunge so it was fine with me. But when I asked if I got dexos on my second oil change they said “Oh yeah of course” yet my bill showed just a standard mineral oil. They lied to me saying it was a billing error and I should be lucky I didn’t have to pay full price. I continually asked them until I caught them in their circle of lies and have them admit that standard mineral oil was put it.
I’m just pissed with them.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Stop wasting time there. Find another dealer. Contact GM about this and file a complaint.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
wow they are retarted
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
Time to find a new dealer and yes....I would contact GM about it as well! Sometimes its better to go out of your way to get to someplace that will go out of their way to do things the right way!.....Better safe than sorry!

1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
Ditto...................New dealer!!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
Were there any clearance issues at full lock with the wide tires on the front? And rubbing?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post
Were there any clearance issues at full lock with the wide tires on the front? And rubbing?
The backs fit on the front with zero clearance issues. Many of us are running 20x9's all around, plus I can rotate my tires
Old 06-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Yeah, change dealers. I went to one near my house for the first couple of oil changes in my car, and every time it was a three to four hour wait, an excessive bill that didn't always make sense to me, and when I talked to their sales people about possibly buying a new Silverado a while back, they gave me a pack of lies about things just trying to seal the deal and get me to sign. Like I would go in there without fully researching things first..please.

I started going to a different dealer one town over. They have things done in less than an hour, a bill that makes sense, mechanics that I've BSed with that seem to know all about and love Camaros, and sales people that offered me a deal on a Silverado that I should have taken, but didn't due to another financial situation popping up for me around the same time.

I don't like to be BSed and lied to, and I don't like waiting longer to have someone else service my car on a job that I could do myself in less time. Only reason I even have them do my oil changes is to maintain regular paperwork for warranty purposes. While it is under that, I want to be able to prove regular service by them in case I'd need a warranty claim. Once that is over, you can best believe I'll just do all that stuff in my driveway myself.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Who is this dealer? Save the rest of us!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Same tire rotation issue also, they swapped wrong tires also, made them replace tires
Old 06-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
This would be me venting.
So I have a 2012 1LT/RS A6. I brought it to my local dealership yesterday because I’m having problems with my torque converter, its been sputtering and causing an awful shake when I want to slowly accelerate on the highway (yay). After two people and two test drives they noticed it and ordered a new one that’s getting put in later this week

I also just hit 15,000 miles on my car and the dealership had the whole service plan to go with that, being checking the linkages, changing the cabin filter, and whatnot. So I decided I would get it because it’s better to be safe than sorry. Well while they did all that, THEY DECIDED TO ROTATE MY TIRES! I wasn’t told about the tire rotation, but today I was walking to my car and I thought my front tires looked awfully fat. Then I noticed I had 275/40-20’s on my fronts. So I called the service manager and told him about the mess up and past problems. So he sent out two techs to come to my work, pick up my car, un-rotate my tires, and bring it back.

So now I’m nervous about them changing the torque converter on my car! If they can’t notice tires how can I let them do that job? Do you guys need to state EVERY TIME that you don’t want your tires rotated or something?

Also I’m thinking about just dropping them all together. I hate that thought because they are so convenient to me. But I’ve had them lie to me about what oil went into my car and that was a fun battle. ( I was told dexos was standard to the v6 and I wasn’t ballsy enough to make the full synthetic plunge so it was fine with me. But when I asked if I got dexos on my second oil change they said “Oh yeah of course” yet my bill showed just a standard mineral oil. They lied to me saying it was a billing error and I should be lucky I didn’t have to pay full price. I continually asked them until I caught them in their circle of lies and have them admit that standard mineral oil was put it.
I’m just pissed with them.
I do apologize for the dissatisfaction you have with your dealership. I have documented your concern in a database here in which many departments of GM can access the information. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I hadn't thought about this, I usually rotate my tires every 5000 miles or so. Is it simply unnecessary with the Camaro? I've never rotated side to side
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #13
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Yeah I'd be shopping for a different dealership - and talking to my GM customer service rep. When you call GM CS (located in sri lanka or someplace not the continental Americas) ask to be transferred to a USA rep on USA soil. You get much better results and GM gets the message we want Americans on US soil providing us with customer service.
Also DO NOT LET THEM DO THE 'COMPLIMENTARY' WASH. Your paint deserves better.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
So does this dealer actually sale Camaros?

Sounds like their shop is full of Fail if they didn't know about the staggered setup on the Camaro!

PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote