Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
sscamaro89
2Ss89

Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
Time to Mod Help Please?

Hey guys just a question. My car is completely stock the only thing i have is a catback flow master outlaw series. I want to do some mods nothing extreme its my daily driver but just for some more fun headers,intake, throttle body, and a tune of course. I know have a pretty decent knowledge I'm not an expert or anything regarding mods but any other suggestions you guys might wanna add. Or anything you guys might recommend help would be great.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 AM   #2
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
sounds like you have a pretty good plan of attack there. You just need to decide on your price range, and which brands you prefer so you can get started.

Apex put together a really nice thread on here for getting started modding.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 AM   #3
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Rear gears is another good one
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
adg5151

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
I have the outlaw catback as well. I am thinking about headers too but I am concerned it might be too loud for a daily driver.

Based on my experience and mods, an intake should be your first mod followed by a tune. I think those two mods alone will change the sound and performance of your car. I would get a Cold Air Inductions intake and either a dyno tune or a Jannetty Racing mailorder tune. I think the majority of people on here would agree with those two mods before a throttle body and headers. If you can afford to do all at once, then yes that's a great list of relatively affordable mods.
adg5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro89 View Post
Hey guys just a question. My car is completely stock the only thing i have is a catback flow master outlaw series. I want to do some mods nothing extreme its my daily driver but just for some more fun headers,intake, throttle body, and a tune of course. I know have a pretty decent knowledge I'm not an expert or anything regarding mods but any other suggestions you guys might wanna add. Or anything you guys might recommend help would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries240SS View Post
sounds like you have a pretty good plan of attack there. You just need to decide on your price range, and which brands you prefer so you can get started.

Apex put together a really nice thread on here for getting started modding.

The Guide: 5th Gen Camaro Modification
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I would add an Apex scoop and fluid relocate kit and a catch can for sure!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Don't you have vertical doors too lol?!?
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #8
Gonzo.ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'm in the process of doing similar mods. I went intake and throttle body first
then exhaust, now doing headers and tune. Unless shop is going to add additional mods to your tune for free, wait until headers go on for your tune.

Roto Fab intake.
Vmaxx ported throttle body.
Solo Axle back
Kooks 1 7/8" LTH Catless
1LE diffuser
SS Clones quad tips
Apex CAI scoop
Gloss black stripes, gills,bowties and bezels
Gonzo.ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:20 AM   #9
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo.ss View Post
I'm in the process of doing similar mods. I went intake and throttle body first
then exhaust, now doing headers and tune. Unless shop is going to add additional mods to your tune for free, wait until headers go on for your tune.
This is great advice. None of what is listed requires a tune until you get to the headers, but most shops will charge $150-300 for a re-tune if you make changes to the setup and find yourself feeling a loss of power in the butt dyno.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #10
iCamaro81

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible L99
If you check out my signature it lists mine. This was a pretty good start for me. All were easy installs.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:27 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Do your engine a favor to last a lifetime... get a good Catch Can - I have an Apex and am very satisfied with it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #12
sscamaro89
2Ss89

Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
Appreciate the info. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the headers and tune last thnx everyone
Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #13
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Appreciate the info. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the headers and tune last thnx everyone
Your in California so remember that long tubes are illegal. If you get pulled over and they do a visual you will have to report to the state referee and have it fixed before you can drive it again. Also, if you purchased your car used or when it is 6 years old you will have to have a smog check every 2 years after that. They do not do a sniffer test any more on 2001 and newer cars, but, they do a visual and a OBDII scan.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:58 AM   #14
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if your from ca and if you have a stick get 3.91 gears, intake,and a tune. skip the headers. remember to have skip shift deleted if stick. Find a gear shop. I had 1 do my gears and with all GM parts it was less then $700. I brought the diff to them though. They wanted $700 for labor if i brought them the car. for the price of Great ARH headers you can get a new GM 1le 3.91 diff
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote