Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Does the Camaro 2300 kit come with 1:1 pulleys in the rear or are they under driven like the G8 kits?
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
i am so confused.....argh
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
so.....should I just put on the headers and get a tune and call it done......I really dont feel like changing the fuel system......? i think i just want to settle for the hp that the headers will free up and be ok with less boost and a better flowing /efficient motor. How does that sound?
If it were me I would do the headers cats and exhaust. I would take a 3.6 pulley with me when I did my tune. If your AFR are exceptable put the 3.6 on it. They are only 50-60 bucks. If you can get away with putting it on which your tuner will tell you than put it on while its there. Same belt size no sweat. It will save you a retune later and if you don't need it there are plenty of guys out there that will take it off your hands for a minumal loss.
As a matter of fact I know a guy right now that would take it off your hands.

He is going to do what I just suggested to you. Boost a pumps are not working They are failing and wouldnt give you what you need to go bigger anyway. I would just leave it at what you can SAFELY Get out of your factory pump. By the way... you will loose a pound or two of boost with the headers which is not a bad thing. You will still increase HP without adding cylinder pressure.

550RWHP will be at the very top end of what you can get with a maggie and stock pump.( on LS3) I have seen more but most have either added cams or other mods or are running meth to compensate for lack of fuel. Or just running way too lean for my tastes( To each his own)

As my Dyno showed I was running out on my LS3 at 527HP with Lt. Cats,and exhaust. It will vary by temp humidity, altitude , dyno, but 550 will be on the hi end with out meth or more fuel.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
When they about the duty cycle, if they say the duty cycle is at 100%, that means your injector is maxed out and will not flow any more fuel other than what it is at. At this point , you can do two things to correct this 1-raise the fuel pressure to compensate 2- put a bigger set of injectors in. But just remember, if you do one or the other you better make sure the fuel delivery system can keep up. I work alot with the after market EFI systems like F.A.S.T. and Big stuff 3 . when I do a tuneup on a motor I dont try to let the duty cycle get past 90% , because now the tuning window is limited and also if the injector is maxed and its runs into a lean condition it has no extra fuel for correction.

Hopefully this helps
Xtreme Innovations & Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #19
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Innovations & Fab View Post
When they about the duty cycle, if they say the duty cycle is at 100%, that means your injector is maxed out and will not flow any more fuel other than what it is at. At this point , you can do two things to correct this 1-raise the fuel pressure to compensate 2- put a bigger set of injectors in. But just remember, if you do one or the other you better make sure the fuel delivery system can keep up. I work alot with the after market EFI systems like F.A.S.T. and Big stuff 3 . when I do a tuneup on a motor I dont try to let the duty cycle get past 90% , because now the tuning window is limited and also if the injector is maxed and its runs into a lean condition it has no extra fuel for correction.

Hopefully this helps
Craig,

I've got the "60 lb" injectors that came with the TVS2300 and I have twin 342 Walbros intank. I logged a run this morning and right when my car was hitting redline (6600 rpms) my injector duty cycle was 90%. If I go down a couple of pulley sizes will my injectors stay close to 90% or will it push them over the edge? I've got plenty of fuel volume and pressure potential but I'm running the stock -6 line from the regulator to the fuel rail.

Thank you.
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
i am so confused.....argh
Call me I will UNCONFUSE you.

Our Street Brawler Package uses a 3.6 pulley and fuel Pressure starts to fade a little bit at the very top but we have NO Problems with enough fuel 11.6 all the way to 6800.

The MSD Fuel Pump Voltage Booster is good insurance and easy to install, I have written a wiring schematic I include with each one I sell.

Your tune will need to be adjusted for the headers, with the headers you will lose 1 psi boost and with the pulley you will gain it back plus 1 so it is very safe.

Just finished a Street Brawler Package yesterday with a cam and few other goodies, I will be posting later with dyno sheet and video.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Craig,

I've got the "60 lb" injectors that came with the TVS2300 and I have twin 342 Walbros intank. I logged a run this morning and right when my car was hitting redline (6600 rpms) my injector duty cycle was 90%. If I go down a couple of pulley sizes will my injectors stay close to 90% or will it push them over the edge? I've got plenty of fuel volume and pressure potential but I'm running the stock -6 line from the regulator to the fuel rail.

Thank you.
When you say if you go down a couple sizes ,I have no idea how much boost that adds or the horsepower level gain you get, so its hard for me to answer that. At this point you should be alright with the 6 line ,but what we do is we monitor the fuel pressure with a electronic fuel pressure sensor that gets logged with all of our sensors, this way if the pressure drops at all during a pass we can tell its in the fuel delivery or if the injectors are to small or if we need to increase fuel pressure . For example. our base pressure is 75lbs and with every lb. of boost it will add 1 lb of fuel pressure , so if we are making 32lbs of boost going down the track we will have 107lbs of fuel pressure. We are using 16- 550lbhr Moran injectors. There at about 75% duty cycle.
Xtreme Innovations & Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Sorry for being so vague.

Currently I'm at 6.5 lbs of boost and I would estimate my power to be around 500 rwhp maybe a hair below that. I haven't had it dyno'd yet so I don't know for sure. My commanded AFR is 11.4 at WOT and I'm within 3% (on the rich side) throughout a long third gear pull.

I'm currently running a 3.7" pulley with 1:1 ratio in the rear pulleys. I'm considering going down to a 3.4" or 3.5" pulley. A salesman at Magnuson claimed that each tenth of an inch reduction in pulley size is equal to a half a pound of boost. Based on that statement I would be around 8-8.5 lbs of boost.

I have an adjustable regulator set at 58 psi of line pressure. The regulator is in the trunk. I've hooked a pressure gauge up to the rail and it's got 58 psi at WOT at the rail too.

Thanks for any input and/or advice. I'm trying to learn all I can.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #23
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
arent the stock injectors with the maggie 60#? Im not exactly sure what you mean by duty cycle. Im trying to figure out if i am going to need to do anything other than installing the headers / pulley and get a new tune?

maybe some are shipped with different injectors,, this one had 52#@58psi gm ls9 injectors.( i even checked the part number of the injectors Bosch 0 280 158 187 )
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
maybe some are shipped with different injectors,, this one had 52#@58psi gm ls9 injectors.( i even checked the part number of the injectors Bosch 0 280 158 187 )
That's what they are calling "60 lbs" injectors.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Call me I will UNCONFUSE you.

Our Street Brawler Package uses a 3.6 pulley and fuel Pressure starts to fade a little bit at the very top but we have NO Problems with enough fuel 11.6 all the way to 6800.

The MSD Fuel Pump Voltage Booster is good insurance and easy to install, I have written a wiring schematic I include with each one I sell.

Your tune will need to be adjusted for the headers, with the headers you will lose 1 psi boost and with the pulley you will gain it back plus 1 so it is very safe.

Just finished a Street Brawler Package yesterday with a cam and few other goodies, I will be posting later with dyno sheet and video.

Ted.

Ted,

I will call you
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #26
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Ted,

I will call you

There ya go.. there is a guy who would know....!

I do think not all factory pumps are equal though because I couldn't put a 3.6 after headers and exhaust. I was loosing fuel pressure and wouldn't pump any more.

5800 I was done.

headers will flow more air than you raise the boost there will be increased fuel demands if you can keep it in the 11.8 range like Ted says than go for it. it is plenty safe.

He definately knows more than I. All I do know is where I was running out of fuel...I didn't try any type of voltage booster because I was told that some were having trouble with voltage modulations and pressure modulations but they may not have been wiring them properly.

Like I said ...You got the guy who knows on the other end....That is the beauty of the net and this forum...

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
BlownSS

ted got me straightened out.!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
ted got me straightened out.!!!!
He the man...