Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #29
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'd like to see how the cooled diff is worked. And as said above, a little more how MR works.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #30
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
To Al: Are there any particular "omittances" of information pertaining to the 2012 ZL1, perhaps in regards to the auto tranny?
I would wager Joe would have to take an oath of silence, be sworn to secrecy, and be subject to penalty of ________ to be made privy of such information regarding said "omittances" shrowded under the veil of a conspiracy theory of undiclosed ZL1 information. The Black Surburban Rule would be brought into effect on him if he divulged such confidential matters. After being subjected to the "two by four treatment" he would have to join a witness protection program under an assumed identity....i
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
Aziz

Drives: 09 Dodge Durango
1- Can we get red ambient lighting?
2- When will there be different interior colors?
3- Are the 10 spoke rims forged?
4- Can we get more carbon fiber parts?
5- When will IBM make its return/be substituted?
6- Maintenance costs/ spare parts cost
7- Are the door sill illuminated?
8- Will there be an extra boost in HP? (not because the car needs it, just want to know)
Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #32
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
I'd like to know if there is any ABL with the Carbon Flash Interior

I'd also like to see the foglights on so that I can see the color - i.e are they yellow or white - Im hoping white to match the headlights - if they are not it will be a pretty mismatched look if you're ever in fog!
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Funny you bring up fog light color, I just closed this down...

http://news.carjunky.com/how_stuff_w...e_ca3812.shtml

Pretty interesting read.

Thanks for the questions, guys.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #34
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
If I jerry-rig my ZL1 to be with a flux capacitor, can I go back to 1969 and get one of the original ZL's ?
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
4.) To Tom: Since the ZL1 was advertised as a true GT car (i.e. something you could take to a track on the weekends, yet be totally comfortable in as a daily driver) with seat heaters, onstar, head up dislplay, bluetooth, Boston Acoustics Sound System, etc. why was a factory in dash Navigation system not developed specifically for the ZL1 that could have hopefully made it into the rest of the Camaro lineup for 2013? This car may compete with 911 Porsches, GT500 Mustangs, Audi R8's, etc. but the competition offers a Factory Nav option while GM failed to address the issue...
I believe that the quick answer to this is that installing an in dash navigation system in the ZL1 would require a complete redesign of the Camaro's dash board because there is no room to accommodate an in dash navigation system given the Camaro's current dash board design.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I would wager Joe would have to take an oath of silence, be sworn to secrecy, and be subject to penalty of ________ to be made privy of such information regarding said "omittances" shrowded under the veil of a conspiracy theory of undiclosed ZL1 information. The Black Surburban Rule would be brought into effect on him if he divulged such confidential matters. After being subjected to the "two by four treatment" he would have to join a witness protection program under an assumed identity....i

Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
To Al: Now that the ZL1 is built and in production and knowing what we do about upcoming competition (F--D), what would you go back and change if you could? Is the new short shift shifter being used in any other GM vehicle and was it developed in-house? Since this is the most technically advanced Camaro ever built, similar the the ZR1 being the most technically advanced Corvette ever built, will Chevy offer ZL1 buyers a track school like the ZR1? When the ZL1's start to be shipped from Oshawa, will they start with the lowest VIN's, the first cars built?

To Tom Were the Recaro Seats considered for use as an option in the ZL1? Is there any part of the car that you would like to go back and change, now three years later? Can the HUD except future software changes to accommodate additional features in the future? Was the GM Performance Division brought back to design and build cars?

To Dragoneye: Please thank both men when you see them on my behalf for building me a car I had only dreamed about owning. And if you get them to tell you when they are going to release VIN #336, that would really good too.

Last edited by OldJedi; 02-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #38
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
Why wasn't there a ZL1 at the Pgh Auto Show?
PSP-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #39
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Question about the cargo net in the trunk. My 2ss came with it but the ZL1 will not unless I pay what 50 bucks for it? So if it does not come with it I am going to keep the one from my 2SS before I depart from it in a week.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #40
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
This totally, 100% separate from the disciples' threads around the forum...this is not the place for input/feedback or suggestions. The disciples are far better-suited to that purpose than I am.

However...I will have a unique opportunity as an enthusiast (and ZL1 buyer for that matter) in the coming days...and I need your help to maximize the effect of this opportunity.

Three questions for you...And I will do my best to answer as many of them as possible after the weekend...
1) If you could ask Al Oppenheiser (Camaro Engineer) or Tom
Peters (Camaro Designer) anything about the ZL1...what would it be?

2) What do you want to know about the ZL1? Unmentioned
things you're curious about...maybe clarifications on things we're a
bit confused on....

3) What do you want to SEE on/about/in the ZL1? At Fest I someone asked me to take a picture of the HUD as nobody had seen it, yet....those kinds of things...
Toss them in here for me, please!
Ok, I would like to know...

1) How long do they project building the ZL1 platform.
2) Has another engine been considered when it's time for a substantial power upgrade.
3) If the LSA will not be replaced, has the LSA been tested with a more aggressive camshaft and/or s/c & intercooler combination.

I would like to see coming in the near future on a ZL1........

1) Tuned HP exhaust, with headers, low restriction cats and mufflers. No dual mode.
2)A single neutral seat stitching color that will go with all the interior/exterior color combinations (red clashes with some colors).
3) Interior gauge/dash lighting that the color can be changed
4) Replace the mild, tame, Cadillac LSA camshaft with a more aggressive raceworthy profile designed to the limit of EPA restrictions and turn up the RPM wick. Those L92 heads can breath. Boost up the fuel and S/C volume to match the cam, and get the air out via the tuned freer flowing exhaust (1). It can handle it as is, and I surmise the engineers already know that.
5) Premium stereo that meets the definition "premium". Same goes for all lines.

I'm really picky performance wise....this car can't be touched right now...it's as close to perfect as this old school American Graffitti street racer could ever imagine.

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 02-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #41
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Why is the ZL1 so fast??
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #42
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Why is the ZL1 so fast??
You've been chasing it................