Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
DonM
This is my 3rd Camaro

Drives: All black '13 LS / Darth Camaro
Fixed stereo problem - got a new one ...

I finally bit the bullet and went to the local stereo shop and picked up a Pioneer FH-S701BS, double DIN, CD-receiver. It wasn't too bad (IMO) at $550.00 w/tax-install, steering wheel button hookup etc & dash plate.

It's taking a bit of getting used to - I tried downloading the manual from Pioneer, but it might as well been in Chinese for all the sense I could make out of it.

I'm going to have to go back to the shop to see if there is a way to make the display brighter, because it's hard to see when it's sunny out, but other than that-I'm liking it.

DonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
donM, explain your stereo to me. new to this want to get rid of mylink and get a cd player. don't need camera Bluetooth etc. did you use your stock heater/ac controls? will google the stereo you installed to get ideas.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
DonM
This is my 3rd Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
donM, explain your stereo to me. new to this want to get rid of mylink and get a cd player. don't need camera Bluetooth etc. did you use your stock heater/ac controls? will google the stereo you installed to get ideas.
The new stereo has Bluetooth and can play music from your phone over the Bluetooth & the CD player is clear as a bell

I had to change the heater/ac controls because that whole panel has to be changed to allow the new radio to fit properly, instead of dials, they are push button and I didn't lose any of the functions - even have the heated seat buttons now (but not the heated seats).

I will post pics of the new & old set up when I get home from work.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
DonM
This is my 3rd Camaro

This is the whole face of the radio and the AC/Heater controls on the bottom of the new dash panel. I cut off the AC/Heater display in this pic, so I took a second one.

Here is the display for the AC/Heater which is at the top of the new dash panel, above the radio.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
looks great! I'm kinda wanting to stay stock dials for heat and cool . no heated seats. I'm about to pull my hair out trying to get a new face plate and such for a cd player from gm the are all reconditioned , hoping to find a Canadian dealership that has new in stock for they came out of factory with cd player
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote