Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #141
yuriicide
I'm a heavy smoker

Drives: Anything fast
I like lots of cars, whether it's Jap, Euro, or American. A good car is a good car. There's nothing wrong with the Camaro. But there might be with their brains
yuriicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #142
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriicide View Post
I like lots of cars, whether it's Jap, Euro, or American. A good car is a good car. There's nothing wrong with the Camaro. But there might be with their brains
humm being one the top cars car show on TV ...... and they have driven every super car know to man... might be something wrong with your brain....
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 AM   #143
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
that was a conservative review, but we all have to admit the camaro did a very slow lap time.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #144
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
As someone who has watched Top Gear for three years or so, nothing surprises me about this video. The comparison itself was ridiculous. No one with the money to consider an Merc-AMG would even cast a sideways glance at our beloved Camaro SS.

I think the murderer story was hilarious, pretty much the same dig at the USA as their Corvette ZR-1 story when they said, "way to go, fat guy in Kentucky". But sometimes we need to be able to counter their smug wit with a reminder. The Brits need to be reminded about who won the war over 200 years ago, who saved their butts along with all of Europe in WW-II ("The Big One"), and what the "B" in "BP" stands for, the petroleum company who's genius engineers created a huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

In short, I won't be selling my Camaro SS anytime soon, but hanging Jeremy's head from my rearview mirror is worth considering!
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #145
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Looked like a Mercedes add to me. Not sure why the site would email me the link.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #146
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
humm being one the top cars car show on TV ...... and they have driven every super car know to man... might be something wrong with your brain....
another well constructed, witty reply from mikeSS. How many more can he pull out of his a--

These guys are comedians, not journalist...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #147
yuriicide
I'm a heavy smoker

Drives: Anything fast
I know that. But driving super cars doesn't mean you shouldn't give other cars a chance. What the hell has a Merc got to do with a Camaro anyway?
yuriicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #148
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCobb View Post
Well, you have to think that the "muscle car" class is a bit....well...slim with choices.
The 5.0 GT probably wasn't released yet when this was filmed, and they already did an episode with a challenger(that also had the ZR1 and the CTS-V which they also called muscle cars), plus i'm almost certain the challenger isn't sold in the UK.
What else to compare it against? Something else with a 6.2L V8 that is brand new to them.
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
exactly what i thought, that curly haired jackass hates American cars "no one intelligent would drive that car" , and whats with the murderous comments? i cant believe i watched that, i knew before what it was going to be like.

what a arrogant rotten tooth turd.....
seems to me like you've never watched top gear before. then again, it also seems a lot like camaro people in general can't laugh about themselves anyway and as soon as somebody says something negative about their car they start crying like a baby.

and to all those crybabies that are saying " oooh they hate american cars" i also assume you have not seen the challenger/zr1/cts-v episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
They should of reviewed it against the mustang or challenger instead.
it's a UK based show. you can't even buy the mustang over there and i'm not sure you can buy the chally.

Last edited by diddiyo; 07-12-2010 at 07:04 AM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #149
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Why would one torture themselves and expect an impartial review of the camaro, from a show which has consistently show disdain for american cars? The moment the Benz was introduced for comparison was the moment I would have stopped watching or changed the channel....

I bought what I bought, I like what I bought, and I do not expect or need anyone be it journalists, car experts, etc to validate my choice...I cannot waste energy getting bent about people who don't like my car... They don't like it fine, I am not asking them to drive it, pay for it, nor fix it when it needs repairing.... but that's just me....
Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #150
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
No fact about it.

Here's a copy and paste.

I think they used 'D' during the testing unfortunately. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the CTS-V. The auto tranny in the Camaro is the CTS-V auto tranny's little cousin. With that said the auto in the CTS-V outruns the manual to 60 mph (.3 sec), 100 mph (1 sec.), and around the Nurburgring!
CTS-V and the Camaro are 2 very different cars. That's like comparing the E63 AMG to the Camaro.

I'd bet everything I own that the Stig would get an M6 around the track faster.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #151
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
they ALWAYS bust on american cars... oh well, at least it was worthy enough for them to rag on for 10 minutes...
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #152
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarorss350 View Post
they ALWAYS bust on american cars... oh well, at least it was worthy enough for them to rag on for 10 minutes...
wtf are you talking about. seriously.

diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #153
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I think that if the effette British snob behind the wheel wants to do a comparison as rediculous as comparing a $31,000.00 SS against a much more expensive car, then he should compare the Mercedes Benz against a CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1. And I agree with stormyone above on everything that he said. I learned in the 1980's with Japanese sportbikes that the motor journalists are shills for the manufacturers and last years products are now SOOOOOO PASSE. I bought my Harleys because going into the transactions I knew that I would not read any good reviews and I love the motorcycles that HD makes and that next year's model would not make my Harley look like a dated piece of crap. I have a Heritage Softail that looks a lot like a 1949 Hydra-Glide. When something is done right like Sunyap Lee's masterpiece Camaro, it will not turn old, it will turn classic like Harley _ Davidson's designs. I bought my Camaros for the same reason. I don't particularly give a flying F#$K what some scribe thinks of my purchases because he ain't making the effing payments, I am.

Last edited by HDDAN; 07-12-2010 at 07:30 AM.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #154
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
If not mistaken the benz is about three times the price of a Camaro SS. Why couldnt they compare it to a SLP or Henessy Camaro. They are just a bunch of haters and **ckin comedians.
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote