Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Congratz on starting a build thread chris! looks like you've done a lot already! time for Autocrossing in March and the occasional track day?

Forgeline? Cant wait to get mine. Any ideas on what rim you want yet?

Is that OZMO intake pending sale?!?!?
Forgeline and ADV are top contenders. I've been set straight about cheap wheels so I'm going to have to save up for these.

The next two steps are Pedders coilovers and a roll bar so I can make those track days.

I'm listing the OZMO because it is of great interest. It would be my last power adder, so by the time I can afford it, we should have good numbers to determine if it is the way I want to go.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Forgeline and ADV are top contenders. I've been set straight about cheap wheels so I'm going to have to save up for these.

The next two steps are Pedders coilovers and a roll bar so I can make those track days.

I'm listing the OZMO because it is of great interest. It would be my last power adder, so by the time I can afford it, we should have good numbers to determine if it is the way I want to go.
I would get lots of input on ADV.1 before dealing with them. Just saying do your research. They make nice rims but they might not be the best for track days.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Falundir

Quote:
I would get lots of input on ADV.1 before dealing with them. Just saying do your research. They make nice rims but they might not be the best for track days.
I'm at the beginng stage of research so I don't have my heart set on anything yet. All I know is I hear Forgeline is one of the best, if not the best.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I'm at the beginng stage of research so I don't have my heart set on anything yet. All I know is I hear Forgeline is one of the best, if not the best.
Talk to Rick about ADV.1 and see what he has to say about dealing with them. I don't know of too many on C5 that have went with ADV.1.....just FYI.....

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
Falundir

Quote:
Talk to Rick about ADV.1 and see what he has to say about dealing with them. I don't know of too many on C5 that have went with ADV.1.....just FYI.....
Unless he has changed his opinion last I heard he was raving about them which is why they were a contender. All in all I like the designs of Forgeline so I may just go that route and call it a day. Can't wait to see yours when they come in.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Nice build
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
It's coming along very nicely !! Can't wait to see what else you have in store !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Looking and sounding great. It's amazing still how well these cars respond with even just a few modifications.

Can't see what is next for you and the car!

Just yell at Luke and I. We are here for you!
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
Falundir

Quick note, the awesome camera I used for the Mines Rd video was on loan (the mother in law's xmas gift...) and my current camera can't capture low frequencys at all. Just did a video of the start up and since my exhaust is a deep rumble it didn't pick anything up lol... save it did get the car alarm I set off 7 stalls down

Once I get a new camera I'll post some videos.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
YESYESYESYESYES!!!!

Incredible. Looks great and I KNOW it performs better with that slew of awesomeness that you've recently installed.

Hope that you enjoy all of it!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #25
Falundir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu808 View Post
Great start to your build thread.

I will find the weigh sheet for the parts.

Maybe you should post up about how the car felt before and after the cam and suspension work.

Luke
Sorry for the delay was occupied the past few days with work and laying the smack down...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
YESYESYESYESYES!!!!

Incredible. Looks great and I KNOW it performs better with that slew of awesomeness that you've recently installed.

Hope that you enjoy all of it!
Ivan
Many thanks, this project has come together very well thanks to everyone's help!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
Falundir

Stock Impressions:

From the dealer the car was a ton of fun, however acceleration was not anywhere close to what I was expecting from an advertised 426hp beast, and you could REALLY feel the weight of the car compared to a coupe on turns. The suspension is tighter than a coupe thanks to the additional reinforcement on the 2012 model (Undercarrage cross bracing, improved subframe bushings, strut brace), however still more of a Buick than a sports car.

Since I'm a 'have your cake and eat it too' kinda guy I knew mods were in the works for this vert~

Step by Step Impressions:

1 - CAI

A CAI is the first obvious step for this car. The honest truth is you will feel a difference, but the weight of the car hinders the butt dyno compared to the coupe. So all in all it is obviously a cost efficient mod, but just the start.

2 - VMAX

Most people I have talked to in coupes swear they noticed throttle response. I honestly noticed no improvement at all. My personal opinion is this was a waste of money and do not advise.

3 - Borla S-Type Catback

Wow the car sounded awesome after this swap, however I did pick up some drone, but manageable. If I gained any power it was negligible since I still had the stock pipes on it. The largest benefit I gained was shaving off a ton of weight ditching the stock exhaust.

4 - LG G6X3 Cam Package, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, ADM Race Scoop, LG Super Pro LTs, Tune

What I picked up from Blu808 was NOT the same car I left them. Shedding even more weight and picking up a ton of power completely changed the car. Before I would tell you the car doesn't 'pull', it accelerates. Now when you go WoT you are thrown back in your seat, the exhaust roars to life, and it feels like you are on a rocket. Even handling was improved due to the weight loss.

One of the things I enjoy the most is that the non cam power is sufficient enough to propel the car through the lower rpms so you get to the cam's power band quicker. I was considering a gear change prior to this, but it's solid as it is now with the stock gears.

5 - Suspension

This is my first car where I have modified the suspension, or even had a good one for that matter. So you can imagine how impressed I am at such a small investment in suspension changed the car. Before on hard turns I would feel heavy body roll and the rear step out even at lower speeds. Now I am taking hard turns at high speeds and it is firmly planted. Steering is pinpoint accurate and solid. I cannot wait to see the change once I get my Pedders coilovers!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #27
Falundir

"Dublin Wake Up Call" Has been added. Funny thing is this was taken on my iphone since it can pick up the low grumble and my camera can't.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
Falundir

This was recorded to show the volume of the setup in the car on a cold start, and the choppy idle. I was holding the camera steady, the shaking you see is from the idle.