Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #71
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
If you are going to pull them I would say do it and let it set overnight. That way the battery backup should of cleared also.

Also it was cool here this morning, will she how she drives when it get warmer today. I did make sure the tires got heated up from driving before trying it though since the P-Zero's will be slippery when cold. But car was in garage overnight.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #72
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Mystery solved....now Randy can give us some more angry Arnold muscle shots.

J/K
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #73
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
So for us mechanically challenged, where are these fuses that I can pull? I don't want to jack up my car but I want to see if this helps.
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #74
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks for sharing. Congrats' for this working on your car too. That's a great feeling for finally have some resolution and feeling like the car is driving like it's supposed to.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #75
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Ok...someone should make a new sticky thread with all the "Do this at your own risk" planted all over it. Then have a step by step with pics on which one and where to pull the fuses. Maybe have video of the before and after if possible. On the step by step you have to be basic and don't assume the end user knows anything about anything car related.

Just my .02 cents.....
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #76
cam346
CAM346

Drives: 99 t/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjewel View Post
Heres a link to my 0-60 after an hour of unplugged fuses. BTW I can't find stopwatch so can someone time it with one and let me know what you came up with?
Thanks

Randy how do you post where the picture comes up instead of using a link?
i time it at 5.63 look good
cam346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #77
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

He's my uncle.
I will say this. I started to get the feeling that a lot of people were doubting me on here. It really sucked. I don't believe there is any denying at this point that there has been a problem. If there is anyone who still doubts, I'd like to know why.

I have my doubts.... as to whether you could beat Bonnie or not. Tell her either she races you or she has to "model" on your car for us.

Junkie and Spike, I know I left myself open for a good joke here.
good joke..... ummmm.... good joke...... meh. congrats buddy. barking the 21s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
We figure out pulling the battery is not resetting the ECM. It has a battery backup unit for it. So it runs off that battery when you disconnect the car battery. The fuse pull cuts that power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
So for us mechanically challenged, where are these fuses that I can pull? I don't want to jack up my car but I want to see if this helps.
in front of the passenger strut tower in the engine bay, there is the fuse box, pull the cover and you'll see the fuses. check pages 9-42 thru 9-44 for the location of the two fuses to pull
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #78
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Guys, I showed ya`ll this in another thread, and commented in another. Mine picked up 8rwhp on the dyno w/ pulling those 2 fuses for 5 minutes. Of course it wasn`t really low at 319rwhp, just baseline average. The only bad thing is I don`t think the increase will be permanent once the LTFT`s have time to record. I can`t go back to the dyno to verify this as I have headers on so no way to know if its pulling power again or not as numbers will be higher.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36837

Stock L99 Dynograph w/ some interesting info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just dynoed mine to get a baseline (600 miles) and it put down 319rwhp twice then we pulled the pcm fuses for it to forget the LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trims), engine had more heatsoak than the first two pulls and it put down 327rwhp...Let me tell you picking up 8rwhp by doing that, this computer has a serious nanny program. The trans tune alone is going to be awesome. It really woke up my A6 Vette. I put ARH headers on it the day after and as soon as the Vararam is ready that will go on and I will get it tuned. So have faith o L99 bretheren...The curious thing I`ve noted is how there is a slight sip in the graph after 5250rpm`s then it picks back up, I`m assuming this may be when the VVT kicks out and is no longer making that extra midrange power. Any tuners can explain that? I`ve seen it on other L99 graphs, but not on the LS3 graphs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Scott... how did you come to the idea of pulling fuses? Was this just a random discovery or did the GM guys key you into something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Someone post in a in a thread to pull those fuses. Randy and I just never did it. Randy did it and now you can even hear his car spinning those 21" wheels in heat which he could not do before.

And you do not want to even ask what #230 is doing to day with the over night fuse pull.
GMRULZ is where Scott saw it in the thread that he references here.

Thanks GMRULZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
LOL you have a smart one there. She knows when to fold them and knows when to hold them. So I guess it still stands that "YOU LOST TO A GIIIIRL"!!!!!

Man I soooo happy your you got your car right. Now I dont have to feel bad about your getting beat by a girl. OOOOppps did I say it again.

Sorry pq I had to do it. Glad your running strong now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Glad you stuck with it bro! Congrats!!! And congrats to all you Camaro5 members who worked together to find a cure for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
Open up the fuse box. Engine compartment to the front left as your looking at the motor. You'll see the fuses are all numbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Congrats' for this working on your car too. That's a great feeling for finally have some resolution and feeling like the car is driving like it's supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok...someone should make a new sticky thread with all the "Do this at your own risk" planted all over it. Then have a step by step with pics on which one and where to pull the fuses. Maybe have video of the before and after if possible. On the step by step you have to be basic and don't assume the end user knows anything about anything car related.

Just my .02 cents.....
See my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
good joke..... ummmm.... good joke...... meh. congrats buddy. barking the 21s!!!
....in front of the passenger strut tower in the engine bay, there is the fuse box, pull the cover and you'll see the fuses. check pages 9-42 thru 9-44 for the location of the two fuses to pull

Oh, and the pics of the car with 'decoration', are coming.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #79
PQ
Booooosted.

I'm still speaking to a person at GM that is now helping me and looking further into this problem, BEFORE the fuse pull I did. This person has some 'pull' at GM and is being very responsive in helping.

He has asked me not to expierement further with my car as to not possibly creating any other issues. I will respect his request. (of course it's easy when you're rollin like I am) He wants to have my dealer do some tests to see what happened. It only makes sense.

So anyway, not sure if a stickey would be the right thing. It's well documented on the site and should be easy to search for someone who has problems. This way Camaro5 isn't 'pushing' the fuse pull, but providing it if someone wants to find it.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #80
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
I'm still speaking to a person at GM that is now helping me and looking further into this problem, BEFORE the fuse pull I did. This person has some 'pull' at GM and is being very responsive in helping.

He has asked me not to expierement further with my car as to not possibly creating any other issues. I will respect his request. (of course it's easy when you're rollin like I am) He wants to have my dealer do some tests to see what happened. It only makes sense.

So anyway, not sure if a stickey would be the right thing. It's well documented on the site and should be easy to search for someone who has problems. This way Camaro5 isn't 'pushing' the fuse pull, but providing it if someone wants to find it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #81
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
GMRULZ is where Scott saw it in the thread that he references here.

Thanks GMRULZ.

Your welcome man, I`m glad you and Scott got some of that lost power back. It would be very interesting to keep tabs and see if the computer starts pulling the power back out as LTFT`s are recorded. I`ve blown my baseline out by adding the headers. If it does continue to pull power as it records LTFT`s, you can install a device called a Dash Hawk that has a function to clear LTFT`s w/ a touch of a button if memory serves me right. Plus you can monitor a crapload of stuff , check codes ect...

http://www.dashhawk.com/

Universal Parameters
Calculated Engine Load
Engine Coolant Temp (ECT)
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
Fuel Pressure
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)
Engine RPM
Vehicle Speed
Timing Advance (Spark)
Intake Air Temp (IAT)
Mass Air Flow (MAF)
Absolute Throttle Position
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 3
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4
O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1
O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
O2 Bank 2 Sensor 3
O2 Bank 2 Sensor 4
Relative Fuel Pressure
Diesel/Direct Injection Fuel Pressure
Commanded EGR Duty Cycle
EGR Error
Commanded EVAP Purge Duty Cycle
Fuel Level
Evap Vapor Pressure
Barometric Pressure
Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 1
Catalyst Temp Bank 1 Sensor 2
Catalyst Temp Bank 2 Sensor 1
Catalyst Temp Bank 2 Sensor 2
Fuel Type (MultiFuel vehicles)
Alcohol %
Fuel System Status (Closed/Open Loop)
Module Voltage
Absolute Load
Number of O2 sensors
Number of WB O2 sensors
Commanded Equivalence Ratio
Relative Throttle Position
Ambient Air Temp (AAT)
Absolute Throttle Position B
Absolute Throttle Position C
Absolute Pedal Position D
Absolute Pedal Position E
Absolute Pedal Position F
Commanded Throttle Actuator
Wide Band O2 Sensor 1 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 2 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 3 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 4 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 5 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 6 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 7 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 8 Equivalency Ratio (FACTORY)
Auxiliary O2 Short Term Fuel Trim
Auxiliary O2 Long Term Fuel Trim
Wide Band O2 Sensor 1 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 2 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 3 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 4 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 5 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 6 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 7 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 8 Heater Current (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 1 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 2 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 3 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 4 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 5 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 6 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 7 Voltage (FACTORY)
Wide Band O2 Sensor 8 Voltage (FACTORY)
BOOST/VACUUM (Calculated and corrected for altitude!)

GM Enhanced Parameters
BLM Cell #
Torque Management Spark Retard (Shift)
Commanded A/F Ratio
Knock Retard
Cylinder That Knocked
Learned Spark
Oil Pressure Calculated Vacuum (GM)
Calculated Air Flow (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl1 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl2 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl3 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl4 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl5 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl6 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl7 (GM)
Current Misfire Cyl8 (GM)
Total Misfires (GM)
History Misfire Cyl1 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl2 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl3 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl4 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl5 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl6 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl7 (GM)
History Misfire Cyl8 (GM)
Misfire Cycles (GM)
Desired Throttle Position (GM)
Pedal Rotation (GM)
Fan Speed (GM)
Desired Fan Speed (GM)
Fan Speed Error % (GM)
Command Fans 1, 2, 3 ON/OFF
Command Fuel Trim Reset
Command Crank Angle Sensor Error (CASE) Relearn
Last Shift Time
Trans Input Shaft Speed
Trans Output Shaft Speed
Trans Temp
TCC Slip
Current Gear
VBS Force (Amps)
VBS Force %
TCC DC %
1->2 Shift Time
2->3 Shift Time
3->4 Shift Time
1->2 Shift Error
2->3 Shift Error
3->4 Shift Error
Ford Enhanced PID’s
Engine Oil Temp
Trans Fluid Temp
Cylinder Head Temp
Fuel Pressure
Torque Converter Slippage
Pedal Position
Dodge/Chrysler (DCx)
Enhanced PID’s
Knock Sensor 1 Voltage
Knock Sensor 2 Voltage
Spark Retard (Knock Retard)
Multiple Displacement System (MDS) status (Hemi)
Engine Oil Pressure
Fuel Level % (DCxspecific since SAE Fuel Level doesn’t seem to read correctly for DCxvehicles)
Transmission Input Shaft Speed1
Transmission Input Shaft Speed2
Transmission Turbine Speed
Current Gear Status
Target Gear Status
Transmission Oil Temperature
Blade Position (Throttle Blade)
Coming Soon!
More manufacturer specific functions/parameters
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #82
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Your welcome man, I`m glad you and Scott got some of that lost power back. It would be very interesting to keep tabs and see if the computer starts pulling the power back out as LTFT`s are recorded. I`ve blown my baseline out by adding the headers. If it does continue to pull power as it records LTFT`s, you can install a device called a Dash Hawk that has a function to clear LTFT`s w/ a touch of a button if memory serves me right. Plus you can monitor a crapload of stuff , check codes ect...

http://www.dashhawk.com/

I didn't know you could do that.

Of course, I wouldn't know what to do with the info.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #83
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
I didn't know you could do that.

Of course, I wouldn't know what to do with the info.

It also just plugs into the diag port under the dash, no fancy wiring skills required...
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #84
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
irpq11
Glad you got your car running right .