Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Holden Comodore set to go green. G8 and Camaro next?

From Left Lane News:

General Motors group vice president Nick Reilly was recently in Melbourne, Australia for Holden's quarterly strategy meeting and revealed some interesting possibilities for the future of the Holden Commodore — including diesel and hybrid powerplants.

Reilly confirmed that Holden will release hybrid vehicles in the next "couple of years" and continued to say that the Commodore "could be one of the first hybrids you could see [in Australia from GM]. I would put a time frame on that of probably a couple of years,” according to Drive.com.
Reilly also indicated that a diesel Commodore is on the way. “We don’t yet have a diesel Commodore but that will come,” he says.
Lastly, Reilly confirmed that a four-cylinder Commodore is being "looked at." As we have reported before (and even shown in spy photos), General Motors is readying a Buick Park Avenue — which is based on the Holden Commodore — for the Chinese market that is powered by the same 2.0L turbo-four found under the hood of the Pontiac Solstice GXP, among others.
Because the Holden Commodore — and Buick Park Avenue — is built on GM's Zeta platform, any powertrain fitted to the Commodore would also fit in the Pontiac G8's and Chevrolet Camaro's engine bay. If Holden does ultimately give the powertrains the green light, it's quite possible that we could see hybrid, four-cylinder and even diesel-powered versions of the G8 and Camaro in the U.S. just shortly after the turn of the decade.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/holden-c...html#more-7417
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I knew it... hybrid and diesel powered. Yup, it's possible.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote