Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-05-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Ambient light flickering on and off/ turn signals gone crazy

My ambient lights began shutting off and on randomly while driving. It is both at the same time. I recently did some electrical, but nothing in the door. They previously worked great.

Also, either related or complete separate issue. My turn signals go from a normal pace flash...flash...flash, to flash, flash, flash and then back to normal.

Anyone had this? Any ideas?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Anytime that I have seemingly unrelated electrical problems I start with grounds.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

[QUOTE=gtstorey;10931571]Anytime that I have seemingly unrelated electrical problems I start with grounds.

Any idea where the ambient lights are ground?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:23 PM   #4
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I started seeing some strange electrical issues when my battery started running low. I had no start-up issues and it didn't sound like it was cranking slow either. But I started getting gauge and sensor issues and also had intermittent trunk light issues. After changing the battery(10 years old) everything immediately disappeared.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:00 PM   #5
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
I started seeing some strange electrical issues when my battery started running low. I had no start-up issues and it didn't sound like it was cranking slow either. But I started getting gauge and sensor issues and also had intermittent trunk light issues. After changing the battery(10 years old) everything immediately disappeared.
This is interesting. Mine is 6-7 years old, but I added dual audio amps and right when this started a dual fuel pump. So there is a load on the battery that is new and that makes sense. I might go with a dry cell that has plenty of juice!
Old 01-09-2021, 04:03 AM   #6
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Recheck the wiring you just recently completed and look for wires that could be close to any metal in the car or being pinched. Any metal surface in the vehicle, unless insulated, is the ground for most components.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Recheck the wiring you just recently completed and look for wires that could be close to any metal in the car or being pinched. Any metal surface in the vehicle, unless insulated, is the ground for most components.
Good idea, I got some Taylor wire looms. I’m going to clean up my work and get them covered. If there is any contact I should see it.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:17 AM   #8
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Thought I would bring closure to this story. Finally broke down and took it to a shop, turn signals are important. The dashboard fuse box has loose connections. They guy removed the box and said the connections weren’t snug. He put all of the pins back in and zip tied the harness down. Should hold, if not may need to spend $$$ and rewire or get a new harness.

Anyone else have this happen?