Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroShayne View Post
Ok here is my question... I seem to be stuck in 1997! I have a 1SS without the Boston Acoustics system. If I have the PDIM installed, what will I be able to do, that I cant do now? And remember, I am a moron when it comes to the audio side of things!
Basically connect devices digitally (bluetooth or USB) to play music over the car speakers. If using USB, it will also charge your device.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
CamaroShayne

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS-SS Red Jewel
Will I be able to control them through the head unit, or just on my IPod?
CamaroShayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
i believe you'll only be able to control "them" through the head unit. which is better in my opinion because i have to fumble with the dumb pod with two hands (yeah, i know i suck).

seriously shayne,

"Just Do It"
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Here's something I learned about this item: "When the car starts, it will continue playing the previous song however after that it will continue in alphabetical order. "

I you listen to the radio or cd and let your device finish indexing before the current song is over, then it will proceed to the next song in order. If not, then when your current song is over it will then start at or near the beginning of the alphabet again. I think it will pick up at whatever song the indexing happens to be at. For me, after a typical 3 minute song, the next one will start with a "C." Usually "Chains" by Juda Priest.

So, tips for you- Never turn off the car between songs or let a song end before indexing is finished; it will start with an "A" song or wherever the index happens to be when the song ended. In my case "Chains." Let your device finish indexing before listening to it, it will start at the beginning of your previous song and continue in alpha order after that. I've got about 700 songs and podcasts on my zune and indexing takes from 9-11 minutes.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #19
jmiele

Drives: RIP
Quote:
What audio devices does my car support?
All models come with the Auxiliary input. This allows you to plug in any music playing device that can connect to a pair of normal headphones. You’ll likely just need a male-male 1/8th inch stereo cable. If you have a 1LT with the C&C package, 2LT, or 2SS you have the PDIM module (explained next). And of course there is that slot you can stick a CD into.
Based on this I understand that you do not need the C&C package to use an iTouch with any model Camaro. Going this route (using a stereo cable), is song selection controlled by the iPod, the head unit (which I'm assuming is the car radio control), or both?

Would there be any reason to add the C&C package if I only plan to use it to connect an iPod if I don't care about steering wheel mounted controls or Bluetooth connectivity?
jmiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiele View Post
Based on this I understand that you do not need the C&C package to use an iTouch with any model Camaro. Going this route (using a stereo cable), is song selection controlled by the iPod, the head unit (which I'm assuming is the car radio control), or both?

Would there be any reason to add the C&C package if I only plan to use it to connect an iPod if I don't care about steering wheel mounted controls or Bluetooth connectivity?
Using the Auxiliary input requires that you select the song from the iPod. You will not be able to control the iPod from the head unit.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #21
james2SS
Rehabing Speed Addict

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 1976 Fiat X19
I'm using a usb stick and I'm having a hard time figuring out how the label/name the tunes such that they'll play in the order I designate. When viewing the files in windows, I have them in the order I'd like when I sort by name, but it translates into something different when I play the stick in the car.

How does one control the ordering of the playlist in the Camaro's implementation?

~Jim
james2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #22
james2SS
Rehabing Speed Addict

Finally figured it out, but it's not pretty. I tried a bunch of different ways to get a playlist on a USB stick (windows media player, itunes, mediamonkey, iExplorer) and no matter what I did it always played in alphabetical order. I attempted to add a prefix (e.g., 1a, 1b, 1c) to the file name, but it made no difference. I discovered that you can do this, but it has to be under properties for the file and is needed to be done on the title, not the filename.

Too much work when you're talking thousands of songs. :-(

~Jim
Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Song title?

Seems like this needs to be an option in the menus. Who listens to stuff alphabetically?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
james2SS
Rehabing Speed Addict

Exactly, that's why I've been screwing around with this for way too long!

~Jim
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2SS View Post
I'm using a usb stick and I'm having a hard time figuring out how the label/name the tunes such that they'll play in the order I designate. When viewing the files in windows, I have them in the order I'd like when I sort by name, but it translates into something different when I play the stick in the car.

How does one control the ordering of the playlist in the Camaro's implementation?

~Jim
Try creating a playlist. Something like Winamp can do it. Standard M3U playlists work. Just put it in the root of your flash drive. Then go in the menu and select it.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #26
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Is that also a way around the indexing?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #27
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
Is that also a way around the indexing?