Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
Cosmetic and Lighting Mods for the Camaro (Qatar)

Hi guys, just want to get a perspective on some of the mods i'm planning to get for my 'maro.

Sadly since the dealer here in Qatar does not offer the RS package on the V6, I was thinking about my options to get halo rings and HIDs on the headlights.

The HIDs are not too difficult to install third-party but the Halo rings from AAC (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...allcolors.aspx) are extremely difficult to install and near impossible to find a professional to do the job nice and clean (as it requires opening of the headlamp assembly etc.) Anybody know of a professional who can have it installed?

Also i was thinking of getting the Chrome license plate frame for the rear plate (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40663). Is this street legal for Qatar?
suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
if youv got the money id recommend just ordering the OEM headlights with halo and HID so you wouldnt have to open anything up and you get the stock look of the RS. theres a thread on how to do this ill post a link in a sec just need to find it
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
AdnanHfuda

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67537
Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Sweet Seduction

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhailrehman View Post
The HIDs are not too difficult to install third-party but the Halo rings from AAC (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...allcolors.aspx) are extremely difficult to install and near impossible to find a professional to do the job nice and clean (as it requires opening of the headlamp assembly etc.) Anybody know of a professional who can have it installed?
ooooh i like..... I want red halos!!!!... but not so crazy bout the chrome on blue but just my personal taste... to each his own and best of luck finding a decent mechanic!
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
RS - hid headlights camaros wont fit or won't " Plug & play " unless there is a special housing and reprogramming which leads voiding your warranty here in ME ,

i would wait and see what aftermarkets bring to the camaro

2010 Camaro 2ss L99 Red - Kooks+Corsa+VR+Ebiach LowerKit-
2002 Camaro SS LS1 Black - Kooks+SLP+Hurst-
2009 Escalade Pearl White - Corsa -
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
RS - hid headlights camaros wont fit or won't " Plug & play " unless there is a special housing and reprogramming which leads voiding your warranty here in ME ,

I agree with you.

It might worth asking the dealer to provide an original GM light rather than the commercial.

As for me, the 1st thing I did with my Camaro (Change the speakers to Alpine + install a Kenwood 500 Watt Amplifier). It rocks now.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #7
AdnanHfuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post

the link i put has the kit for it so it is essentialy plug and play, just some wires to add in and no programming so no warrenty void.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
I'd go with Adnan's idea... stick to stock. aftermarket can look very cheap if not done carefully.

and dont get a chrome license plate holder... in my opinion looks like cheap *bling*

@sweet seduction... red halos may look nice but I highly doubt they are street legal...
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
staying stock would be much better in the long run.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #10
AlSuwaidi

especially when talking about cosmetics.. cosmetics get boring.. put your money in the engine and places you feel the difference...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
I'd go with Adnan's idea... stick to stock. aftermarket can look very cheap if not done carefully.

and dont get a chrome license plate holder... in my opinion looks like cheap *bling*

@sweet seduction... red halos may look nice but I highly doubt they are street legal...
You are right again. The commercial HID lights look cheap!

There are many chrome license plate holders types and brands. I have one that looks cool and everybody asks me about.

As for sweet seduction red halos, yes those are not legal. But I do suggest that you stay awake for 48 hours watching TV (perferrably a Turkish serious that will next generation) and you will get them next morning for free (just look into the mirror early morning)
Old 03-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
Sweet Seduction

Drives: Black SS
Camaro H and Al-Suwaidi ...true dat! but she would look sooo pretty/evil then again i think ive freaked out a few drivers already I swear if i could take pics of some of the looks i get!

Cyber Grey Lol Thanx for the tip ill keep it in mind though not big on the turkish shows heheh
Sweet Seduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
AlSuwaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post
Camaro H and Al-Suwaidi ...true dat! but she would look sooo pretty/evil then again i think ive freaked out a few drivers already I swear if i could take pics of some of the looks i get!

Cyber Grey Lol Thanx for the tip ill keep it in mind though not big on the turkish shows heheh

you shud take a pic as they stare
Old 03-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #14
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Seduction View Post

Do you mean the black concept Camaro ?