Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
ready to pull the trigger

after researching the posts in this thread (thanks to all posters and especially the techie ones) I have decided to get the Pfadt sway bars. close call between Pedders and Pfadts. went with Pfadt mostly because they include the mounting brace and they do not require drilling.

now . . . who has the best price on the sport bars (F & R) and the end links?

anyone?????
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Don't know if there's a price difference between the vendors and Pfadt themselves. I've had dealings with Apex and JDP. I wouldn't hesitate to order from either of them again.

One thing though. If you're considering lowering your car as well, it would be in your financial interest to order it all at once. The Pfadt stage II is both sways and springs and saves you a good bit of $$. You might be able to swing a deal on the endlinks while you're at it. Never hurts to ask.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
emsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Don't know if there's a price difference between the vendors and Pfadt themselves. I've had dealings with Apex and JDP. I wouldn't hesitate to order from either of them again.

One thing though. If you're considering lowering your car as well, it would be in your financial interest to order it all at once. The Pfadt stage II is both sways and springs and saves you a good bit of $$. You might be able to swing a deal on the endlinks while you're at it. Never hurts to ask.
good advice. thanks. I live outside Chicago. I am hesitant to lower the car because of the poor condition of our roads. if it isn't potholes, it's frost heaves. And I won't be pushing the car that much. Not autocrossing or track days. just want a little more controlled ride.

your advice was well received. if I lived in a state where the road contractors didn't have to skimp on their job so they could pay off the politicans, I would take your advice.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I am not sure what mounting brackets you are talking about, but I have the front and rear 27mm sway bars and they came with the mounting hardware, but then again, i bought the Camaro Pace Car kit...

But no drilling is needed.

You can see my build ion this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165313
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsguy View Post
after researching the posts in this thread (thanks to all posters and especially the techie ones) I have decided to get the Pfadt sway bars. close call between Pedders and Pfadts. went with Pfadt mostly because they include the mounting brace and they do not require drilling.

now . . . who has the best price on the sport bars (F & R) and the end links?

anyone?????
yes i don't know where you got that info about pedders but it is incorrect
the pedders sway bar kits comes with complete bolt on hardware and brackets and adjustable end links that require no drilling
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
the pedders sway bar kits comes with complete bolt on hardware and brackets and adjustable end links that require no drilling
Well it's incorrect NOW. Pedders endlinks use to require you to drill for them to fit. They have since redone them.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Well it's incorrect NOW. Pedders endlinks use to require you to drill for them to fit. They have since redone them.
Yep, but that was a long time ago in this newage technology Really though, that was awhile ago.... they have had their new end links for months now.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
emsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
I got the info from the installation instructions on their website. If it's incorrect, they should update it, don't ya think?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsguy View Post
I got the info from the installation instructions on their website. If it's incorrect, they should update it, don't ya think?
Right you are and yes they have

http://forums.peddersusa.com/local_l...&catid=1&id=93