Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Delete

Delete

Last edited by Black N' Yellow; 12-05-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Black N' Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Hey, I have the MTX 10" sub box that I got right from Chevy. I paid a little over $1000.00 for it. I'm putting in a whole new system in this week and I'm taking offers on it. It is plug and play and is only about 6 months old. The only reason I'm selling it is because my buddy just opened a shop and wants to do a system in my car and display it in his shop this winter. He is putting everything in my Camaro for nothing. I would be crazy not to do it. I don't drive my Camaro in the winter anyway. Let me know if your interested. Like I said it really sounded good I just can't so no to the deal I'm getting.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black N' Yellow View Post
2010 & Up Camaro Dual 10 Box/Sub/Amp/Wiring Complete Package

http://********.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...ckage-New.html

My Camaro has the Boston Acoustics System. I just bought an Alpine PXE-H660 and am now thinking about purchasing this sub package. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has bought it and their thoughts on it. I am going more for clarity than loud bass, that's why I'm choosing 10's over 12's.

I've tried searching the forums but haven't found a thread dedicated to this.
What exactly is your question? I can say with good conscience that ******** builds great boxes, and I'm sure that setup would sound good.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I have that box and it's bad ass. I put JL Audio 3w3v2 12's in it with a 1200 watt Hifonics Brutus amp. It sounds awesome. You could probably save a little money if you just got the box and built your own system from (better) components.

Lemme tell you, the box is a very tight fit and sits pretty much right up against the rear seat backs. It's not going anywhere. With that said though, and having installed it in two different cars, the install goes much smoother if you put the box in the car first, and then attach your stuff. I have my amp on the back side of it, so if you're going that route, screw it and the speakers in after the box is in the car. Otherwise, it's gonna be a bitch. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Keep in mind that the kit you listed contains the x3 harness; which is not currently sold by itself. Overall, it is a very nice pkg and I know you would enjoy it.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Keep in mind that the kit you listed contains the x3 harness; which is not currently sold by itself. Overall, it is a very nice pkg and I know you would enjoy it.
It used to be but Steve has gotten swamped with the FARK kit orders and so the t-harness has been out of stock for a while. I totaled my first Camaro and I forgot to take the t-harness out of it (****!) so I needed a new one for the install in my new Camaro. I was lucky and found a user here who had a new unopened one for sale, so I was able to replace it. Maybe you'll be lucky in the forum marketplace here.

I'm not trying to replace my factory amp as it works just fine and I'm not in a hurry to blow my factory Boston Acoustics speakers, so the t-harness is the way to go for my situation, as opposed to the FARK.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black N' Yellow View Post
Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I didn't think to mount the amp on the sub box. I think I'll probably go the route you are talking about, just buy the box then add my own components. Thanks for the review
I have 3 amps mounted to the back of my sub box from ********. Very solid. I put them there because they fit in what would otherwise be empty space and don't have to take up space elswhere.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Taltuu

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I just installed the Dual 12" front facing box from ******** last week. It went great and I absolutely love the bass and sound I now am getting with my car. I think the sub upgrade to the Boston Acoustics system is a great way to go.
Taltuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Pur3vil

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
Get in touch with ******** and see if they'll do the dual package with a front fire box. It never hurts to ask...
Pur3vil is offline   Reply With Quote