Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
champagne
Young Boss

Drives: Future 5th gen owner
Why doesn't the Camaro Match

Why don't any of the GM accessories match the car, for instance if you want a Blue car with the RS/SS package you get red emblems and what if you want Grey stripes, does that really match

Does anyone know if we will get matching color accessories from GM? It would be a shame to have such a beautiful car such as the Camaro looking like Bozo the clown with all the mismatched colors.
champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Grey is a nuetral color....goes with any other color. If they made all accessories in every color, it would make the Camaro cost even more. If you want to personalize it that much, do it yourself.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
champagne
Young Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Grey is a nuetral color....goes with any other color. If they made all accessories in every color, it would make the Camaro cost even more. If you want to personalize it that much, do it yourself.
I since a little anger in your post, I am just saying Blue with Red emblems are not appealing. I am a huge fan of the Camaro and I don't want it to disappear as it has done so before, I am just saying that for people who aren't going to do aftermarket. The first thing I do when I get the car is get it modded, so I will get it personalized.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
no anger....its just that they can't give everyone exactly what they want, there would be too many combinations to keep the price down.Some things you are just going to have to do yourself.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
no anger....its just that they can't give everyone exactly what they want, there would be too many combinations to keep the price down.Some things you are just going to have to do yourself.

I agree! In the forty years or so I've been buying/driving cars I have not seen (that I can recall) emblems that were color matched to the exterior of a car. This one really blows my mind, I've heard of nit picking, but wanting color matched emblems is just beyond the pale. If it really bothers the OP that much, they sell color matched touch up paint at auto supply stores.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
These kind of questions are a bit premature. Performance, handling, stripes, emblems, price....Just wait, you'll like it.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
champagne
Young Boss

Is anyone reading these post before they submit a post themselves? I hope that you aren't thinking that I have a problem with the car personally. I can't wait to get one, as I have stated that once I get my Camaro I am getting it modded so there isn't a problem with me. I am just saying for others who don't plan to or wont be able to afford to mod their car. I know that GM is in a fragile state and I wouldn't want to see it turn into a failure over simple things.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
The cheapest solution to changing the color of emblems and such would be to order touch up paint from the parts dept that matches your car, pulling off the emblems, painting them yourself and putting them back on. We have a bunch of Tahoes and Silverados with body-colored bow ties and they look great in my opinion. You just need half a brain and a steady hand to correct that issue.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne View Post
Is anyone reading these post before they submit a post themselves? I hope that you aren't thinking that I have a problem with the car personally. I can't wait to get one, as I have stated that once I get my Camaro I am getting it modded so there isn't a problem with me. I am just saying for others who don't plan to or wont be able to afford to mod their car. I know that GM is in a fragile state and I wouldn't want to see it turn into a failure over simple things.
Well...I don't think anyone is really use to getting everything how they want- most zombies like that will just purchase off the lot. Unless you are a lifetime Rolls-Royce, or Bentley customer....you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
First and Formost, You can't get certain color stripes on every color. They have already stated that they are on specific colors. Personally I think this means that they will release SURPRISE stripe colors later but its uncertain.

Its like interior colors, go to any manufacturers site, you cant get certain interior colors with certain exterior. Same applies to stripes.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
I since a little anger in your post, I am just saying Blue with Red emblems are not appealing. I am a huge fan of the Camaro and I don't want it to disappear as it has done so before, I am just saying that for people who aren't going to do aftermarket. The first thing I do when I get the car is get it modded, so I will get it personalized.
Most of the high performance trims of alot of modern models have a red 'S'

think...

Audi. Infinity. Acura. im sure im missing something. Even BMW's 'M' has some red in it. WITH 2 SHADES OF BLUE!!!
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Are you refering to this logo:

sort of seeing what you mean

Should keep simple then

like this:

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Quote:
Why don't any of the GM accessories match the car, for instance if you want a Blue car with the RS/SS package you get red emblems and what if you want Grey stripes, does that really match

Does anyone know if we will get matching color accessories from GM? It would be a shame to have such a beautiful car such as the Camaro looking like Bozo the clown with all the mismatched colors.

Quote:
We thank you for thinking of what others may dislike about the car but as of now you are the first to bring up these concerns. Nobody in the history of the automobile has ever thought that different colored emblems made the car look like Bozo the clown.

I'm sure many will agree Blue with red looks like crap

especialy when you add white to the mix.......NOT!!!

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #14
kinyu

Drives: POS
I know what you mean, I remember when I wanted to buy a silver gto, it had red gauges. I was like, wtf?
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote