Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #6301
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I would love to know what you know!
I would love to know what you know Mr. Mission Classified
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #6302
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Confirmed!

I'm still waiting for a 5Gen Z28.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #6303
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I would love to know what you know Mr. Mission Classified
I will tell you anything you want to know if you have information regarding a Z/28......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #6304
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Hmmmmmmmmm
Trading secrets

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #6305
JusticePete

Quote:
I will tell you anything you want to know if you have information regarding a Z/28......
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #6306
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Time to

We have been working with a special partner to create what we consider to be the ultimate 5th Gen Camaro. We started with the premise that Pedders USA 2010 SEMA / OPTIMA / Road Course Camaro was the ultimate Camaro. The performance range of that car put it on an equal footing with a Z06. That was then. This is now. We want to be faster. A lot faster.

No forced induction -- just a 427 that makes more RWHP and more RWTQ than the as-fast-as-a Z06 Pedders Camaro.

Better Brakes -- The CTS-V brakes are wonderful, but the goal is to be faster. To be faster we needed better brakes. We got them.

Stronger Differential -- Our ZR1 hunting Camaro had to have a stronger differential to take the abuse of hurtling a two-ton Camaro around a road course and put down power in the turns no matter what the G load. That box has been checked.

Thermal Management -- Got to have a carbon fiber heat extractor hood. If we want to run all day we felt a custom radiator was in order. Done.

5 Point Harnesses -- Our old car ran with nothing more than the factory belt. We didn't even use a G Lock. Drivers are faster when they don't have to hold on and driver. The new Z project has driver and passenger 5 Point Harnesses.

There is more, but that is all the beans this can had. I can't wait for SEMA to debut this Z. To be very clear, this is not a show car. It is a go car from conception. It is a vehicle that we all would love to see GM build. They can't build what we are building by regulation and economics. I know some will be disappointed with the price point for our custom built Z. I guarantee you that no one will be disappointed with the performance numbers. Oh how I wish this car was rolling off the GM assembly line. Maybe it will some day, but I want what I want and I wanted it now. I got it with a little help from my friends.
Tease...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #6307
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Suddenly... words... failing... so...

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #6308
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Now I want to eat some beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6309
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Pete, good luck with your new project and hope to see pictures and more information from SEMA.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #6310
ShnOmac

Quote:
Time to

Sounds incredible Pete!

Is this going to be a one of a kind or you guys going to try and market it?

EDIT: Just so the answer to my question in the other thread!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #6311
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Suddenly... words... failing... so...

Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Now I want to eat some beans!
Tire smoked beans. hmm hmm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Pete, good luck with your new project and hope to see pictures and more information from SEMA.
Absolutely.

Quote:

Sounds incredible Pete!

Is this going to be a one of a kind or you guys going to try and market it?

EDIT: Just so the answer to my question in the other thread!
No worries. The not yet fully named Z will be sold as a complete car. It will be exensive as perfection doesn't come cheap
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #6312
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
No worries. The not yet fully named Z will be sold as a complete car. It will be exensive as perfection doesn't come cheap
And that Pete I believe in and I trust it will give a new meaning to "kicking ass and taking names"....., you rock!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #6313
ShnOmac

So how long after the release of the ZL1 is Pedders going to get their hands on one?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #6314
JusticePete

Quote:
So how long after the release of the ZL1 is Pedders going to get their hands on one?
a.s.a.p.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014