Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
FoxMarketingCars

Drives: 09 Twin Turbo Lexus IS F, etc.
Exclamation ProChargers Super Charger COMING SOON!!

Team,

I talked to my buddy who owns ProCharger on Friday and as soon as I get my car I am taking to ProCharger so they can develop a Supercharger for it. They will have a high boost kit so people can run from 500hp-1000hp. This kit will also be intercooled for the most performance. Camaro boys love making POWER!!

Brian Fox
FoxMarketingCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMarketingCars View Post
Team,

I talked to my buddy who owns ProCharger on Friday and as soon as I get my car I am taking to ProCharger so they can develop a Supercharger for it. They will have a high boost kit so people can run from 500hp-1000hp. This kit will also be intercooled for the most performance. Camaro boys love making POWER!!

nice!!! keep us informed
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Team,

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
nice!!! keep us informed
yup let us know how it goes.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
I know its early and wont have actual prices until its built but any price range give or take plus installation??

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
mike@newera

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hopefully they will make a nice big front mount intercooler instead of the small twin intercoolers used in the past, which will definitely not support high horsepower. Procharger products are the best centrifigul supercharger systems around, just some minor things to upgrade will make them even better, please do this!
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #6
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Was there any word that it will fit with the stock hood?
Or will a after market hood be required like with some of the Corvette SC's.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Using the LS3 C6 as a guide, a standard polished intercooled P1 kit should run you about $8000 installed. That should yield a pleasant and reliable 150 additional rear wheel ponies For a few hundred dollars more, you can upgrade to the D1. This is reccomended if you plan on modding the engine and are looking for higher gains later. There should also be a bar & plate sheetmetal intercooler option for the hard core people.

BTW ... Jason @ ATI has stated that several people have inquired about development and he has a running list of people who have offered thier vehicles. He also said the FIRST person with a car to come through the door will be welcomed with open arms and while he is NOT one of the owners, he IS in charge of sheduling development cars.

Unforunately, the Camaro is significantly different from the G8 with regards to this system so complete development will be required. Jason just happens to own a G8 personally and they have looked over the Camaros thoroughly at various shows so they are have a pretty good idea that the existing kit will not work. But you can be sure, they plan on hitting this project full speed the minute they get a donor car.

Mr Fox, which one is your buddy? Ken or Dan?
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Does Jason have anyone locked in yet for a donor car? How do we contact him?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
Codefive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Does Jason have anyone locked in yet for a donor car? How do we contact him?
No one is "locked in". If he locked you in for example, and you didnt get your car until July lets say (for what ever reason) mean while a dozen other people had thiers ... that would be a bad move on his part. He said he will welcome the FIRST person who HAS a car. My guess is that they will want both an auto and a stick.

You can call Pro-Charger and ask for him, you may get voice mail, just leave him a message saying you want to be on the list of perspectives and notify him when you take delivery. I'm sure there is other pertinent information you will want to know regarding this, he should be able to answer all of your questions. (913) 338-2886 www.procharger.com
Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
I hear what you mean about being "locked" in. I'll have to give him a ring to get some details. Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Team,

1000 hp seems a little excessive.

On second thought ... maybe not. Can't wait to see my wife's reaction
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
Codefive

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cketdr View Post
1000 hp seems a little excessive.

On second thought ... maybe not. Can't wait to see my wife's reaction
It IS excessive, especially if you think you are going to do it with your stock LS3.
With an F1 on a 427 and 16-18 psi, you can hit that mark. But on a stock LS3 ... it aint gonna happen. No way, no how!

Tags
boost, procharger, supercharger