Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Do we really need a ported throttle body?

I was just wondering what effect the ported throttle has on a forced induction engine, like say twin turbos. I can't seem to find the thread but I thought I remembered Jason saying that the LF3 throttle body actually had a smaller diameter than the LFX throttle body. (correct me if im wrong Jason)

I know it seems to help on an NA v6 but was just wondering about a FI v6... any thoughts?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab

Lfx left, lf3 right
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
tmenees2

Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L
I'll add to the question too, what about nitrous application? Would it be beneficial? I've been curious about that too
tmenees2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I thought it was just barely smaller but that's a big difference!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Well the ported TB is just another smoothing of the air flow... I'm not sure why that wouldn't be beneficial on a setup with boost.

Yes, that is an argumentative fallacy, but the point of boost is to cram air, and less turbulence is what you want. Like porting the manifold or heads. How much difference is probably a better question, but I'm sure it makes a difference none the less.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I'm sure it wouldn't harm the engine. What I would do is schedule a dyno session to get a baseline for your twins then dyno again with a ported tb and see if it does anything to your numbers including AFR and other stuff. If it's positive leave it if not send it back or sell it. Same thing could be done with the ported manifold. Id we can't get an answer is be willing to test this when I go FI (likely ipf)

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote