Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Maybe not so Elite

Put the catch can on tonight. EE V1.

For a company called "Elite" I expected a bit more... Like maybe spend 25 cents and put some instructions in the box. I shouldn't have to go grab my tablet or computer and look for a PDF to match my car, that doesn't even exist.

Instead of trying to hack off factory tubing with a utility knife or other sharp implement, a 50 cent elbow and a $3.00 PCV valve would go a long way to making me believe it really is "elite" or something special.

If it needs Teflon tape.... 10 cents and I don't have to go hunt up a roll...

That being said, installation was fairly simple. I am sure it will do the job. The "red" is more like fuchsia, but oh well. The sticker is nice.

JMHO and YMMV as always.

Name:  EE.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  130.0 KB

Last edited by Mr. Stacy; 02-04-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Mr. Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Now it is

Just like that , bam
Attached Images

Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
My Elite catch can came with photos and instructions
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
What instructions did you need? It's a catch can, not a TurboEncabulator.
you don't "need" teflon tape it just helps. All you need is a couple wrenches, a couple sockets, and a knife.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Glad you liked the stickers
Old 02-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #6
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
I wish Pringles made a catch can.
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:50 AM   #7
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Seriously the easiest thing to put on a car since a sticker, if you can't figure it out on your own or do a quick Google search just stop working on your car and take it to jiffy lube.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #8
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Come on guys the OP may not have the mechanical background some of us do. We all started somewhere.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #9
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

eliteor élite

1. (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything.

The best? Perhaps. I am not knocking the product. But the implementation could use some improvement. IMHO

Have I ever installed a catch can before? No. So I should just know by instinct what tubes go where? Seriously?

This is sold as a model specific item, so yes, basic instructions should be included. Not everybody has access to a computer or internet in their garage. And when I go to your web site, and there are no specific instructions for my LLT, but a similar looking LFX, then yes, I get a little peeved. But that's just me.

The OEM tubing is hard plastic and heat sealed on to the elbow at the intake and PCV. Want to impress me? Put new ones in the kit. Want Teflon tape? Put a bit in. Comes with every quality plumbing item I have ever installed. Costs next to nothing. Once again, not impressed. What if you don't happen to have a roll on hand? Exactly, trip to the hardware store that closes at 6. The fact that you may not need it is irrelevant. The instructions that I was able to find called for it.

I have been installing things my entire life, and the little things are what makes the difference. The little, tiny details that make my install go a bit easier. Things that make me say to myself "that's cool".

This is merely constructive feedback. EE can take it or leave it, but were I in the business, I'd look at honest feedback like this and take it to heart. Competition is stiff in this market. How do you differentiate yourself from your competitors? If my name is Elite, that's what I'd be.

JMHO, YMMV as always.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #10
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I think the OP is questioning the fact that its suppose to be such a great product ....and for the price you pay it should include some simple features. I feel you, OP.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #11
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutchman View Post
I wish Pringles made a catch can.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #12
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I agree. Even windshield wipers come with installation instructions.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #13
Killianzl1

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Nearly everything comes with instructions, no matter how simple it is. They should have come with the catch can.
Killianzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
Killianzl1

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
eliteor élite

1. (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything.

The best? Perhaps. I am not knocking the product. But the implementation could use some improvement. IMHO

Have I ever installed a catch can before? No. So I should just know by instinct what tubes go where? Seriously?

This is sold as a model specific item, so yes, basic instructions should be included. Not everybody has access to a computer or internet in their garage. And when I go to your web site, and there are no specific instructions for my LLT, but a similar looking LFX, then yes, I get a little peeved. But that's just me.

The OEM tubing is hard plastic and heat sealed on to the elbow at the intake and PCV. Want to impress me? Put new ones in the kit. Want Teflon tape? Put a bit in. Comes with every quality plumbing item I have ever installed. Costs next to nothing. Once again, not impressed. What if you don't happen to have a roll on hand? Exactly, trip to the hardware store that closes at 6. The fact that you may not need it is irrelevant. The instructions that I was able to find called for it.

I have been installing things my entire life, and the little things are what makes the difference. The little, tiny details that make my install go a bit easier. Things that make me say to myself "that's cool".

This is merely constructive feedback. EE can take it or leave it, but were I in the business, I'd look at honest feedback like this and take it to heart. Competition is stiff in this market. How do you differentiate yourself from your competitors? If my name is Elite, that's what I'd be.

JMHO, YMMV as always.
Just to add, something like this could be the reason a person who has not yet purchased one might decide to go to another company. Gee product 1 and 2 are very similar.....hmm product one apparently does not come with instructions and XXX, Ill go with product 2. Go the extra mile to earn those couple swing customers.
Killianzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote