Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
Car wash soap with wax built in?

I don't have time normally to do a full on wax/polish on the car, is there a soap that will come with wax built it that dishes out with close results as to had waxing?

I seen some car soap with wax built in I am leaning towards the Amorall soap with canumba wax built it it says it makes the water spots bead and glide off the car while driving.

My car gets very dirty every week with water spots bird poo , black dirt/dust so i end up washing it once a week is this bad?

What is the best car soap with the wax built in?
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS-GTAW View Post
I don't have time normally to do a full on wax/polish on the car, is there a soap that will come with wax built it that dishes out with close results as to had waxing?
I haven't used one that emulates a freshly waxed look.

Quote:
I seen some car soap with wax built in I am leaning towards the Amorall soap with canumba wax built it it says it makes the water spots bead and glide off the car while driving.
That will evaporate in a couple of days because there isn't enough wax to actually sustain any amount of suitable protection.

Quote:
My car gets very dirty every week with water spots bird poo , black dirt/dust so i end up washing it once a week is this bad?
As soon as you see bird poop on your car.. you need to clean it off, yesterday! Bird poop is so acidic it will eat straight through your clear coat and into your base coat if you don't remove it in time. I keep a detail spray and a Microfiber towel in my trunk (with other goodies as well) for occurances like this.

Quote:
What is the best car soap with the wax built in?
This I can't answer, I cannot rely on "wash and wax" products to protect my baby. I have heard good things about Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax though, its brand new for 2010.

I'm more of a crazy lunatic when it comes to my ride.. I wax mine, at minimum monthly. You can pick up some decent over the counter waxes that won't take you more than 30min to wax your whole car; some of them in the sun!

I like the Adam's line of products, but use whats best for you... if picking up a quick bottle of wax is important, head over to a auto parts store and get yourself some meguiars NXT 2.0

If you want that ultimate look, go with a professional product like Adam's, Zaino, Chemical Guys, ect.

For me its Adam's FTW!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
If you don't use the combo wash/wax right (i.e. too much or not spraying off fast enough) it streaks like hell...trust me.....shoulders were killing me wiping the damn streaks down with a terry towel....don't do it!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Wash/wax products simply don't work to offer any kind of protection... reason being is there is no way for a wax to cure and bond to a paintjob while its suspended in water and mixed with soap. For the most part products like this are leaving a silicone laden coat of a pseudo wax behind... it won't do much for protecting the paint and might make it marginally more shiny for a short period.

If you want low maintenance take the time to do a full detail once and put down a durable synthetic sealant. That way your paint is protected longer term than it would be with a "wax" and plan to do a fresh application of sealant every 3-4 months to keep the protection built up.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote