Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
blackzl1az

Drives: Black ZL1
Coolant leak

I just brought my 2013 zl1 to the dealer for its first oil change(2200miles).
I got a call and was informed that the car was leaking coolant from some kind of snap on connector on the engine block. Has anyone had that problem? I hope it is not a serious problem.
blackzl1az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Sounds like you have this issue. I'm pretty sure the ZL1 is similar:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106513

What part of AZ are you from? I'm in Tucson.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Happened to my car. I identified it at 3300 miles driving home and my oil temp ad coolant temp seemed high. Also found my coolant reservoir empty. Was in the shop one day and then fixed. Been good since.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
blackzl1az

Thanks for the answers, I hope it will be resolved after the fix. I am from Tempe Lima, do you ever come down this way?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzl1az View Post
I just brought my 2013 zl1 to the dealer for its first oil change(2200miles).
I got a call and was informed that the car was leaking coolant from some kind of snap on connector on the engine block. Has anyone had that problem? I hope it is not a serious problem.
If you could please send me your VIN, I will be able to check it for any open recalls or programs available to you. The best thing to do is to have your dealership address this concern. With that aside, congratulations on your new 2013!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
blackzl1az

Lol, this Brandon guy cracks me up.
Yes, since the car is under full warranty I will have the dealership address the problem, but thank you for your input.
LimaCharlie nailed it, it was cross threaded and the dealership repaired it within 3 days. I got my car back yesterday but I can still today smell burnt coolant. I will give it a few days to see if it is just residue from the repair. I genuinely hope so.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Yes, since the car is under full warranty I will have the dealership address the problem, but thank you for your input.
LimaCharlie nailed it, it was cross threaded and the dealership repaired it within 3 days. I got my car back yesterday but I can still today smell burnt coolant. I will give it a few days to see if it is just residue from the repair. I genuinely hope so.

I am a bit let down with Brandon, he didnt start out by saying he is sorry for your trouble, lol...I wish I had his job
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
I'd keep your eye on the coolant temp and check the coolant in the reservoir each morning. if that level keeps dropping, then you'll need to go back in.

Reason I say, after my car was fixed, i haven't smelled coolant at all.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
blackzl1az

Thats what I will do Swacer. No noticeable difference in reservoir as of now but smell still there :(
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #10
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Thanks for all the info. As I pulled my Z out of the garage I looked and there was a big drop of coolant on the floor. I let her run for a few minutes,cleaned the floor and pulled her back in. Let her set for a few hours and then looked again. There it was,still leaking. Ive smelt a faint smell of coolant the last couple of times Ive driven it but I thought it was from when I checked my intercooler fluid and some of it sloshed out. I thought I just didnt wipe it all off and it was getting hot on the engine somewhere. Im calling the dealer first thing this morning to see when I can take her in. I hope all goes well.
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
Thanks for all the info. As I pulled my Z out of the garage I looked and there was a big drop of coolant on the floor. I let her run for a few minutes,cleaned the floor and pulled her back in. Let her set for a few hours and then looked again. There it was,still leaking. Ive smelt a faint smell of coolant the last couple of times Ive driven it but I thought it was from when I checked my intercooler fluid and some of it sloshed out. I thought I just didnt wipe it all off and it was getting hot on the engine somewhere. Im calling the dealer first thing this morning to see when I can take her in. I hope all goes well.
We certainly apologize for the frustrations you are experiencing. Please let us know what the dealership was able to do for you. We are sure you are in good hands!

Brandon
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We certainly apologize for the frustrations you are experiencing. Please let us know what the dealership was able to do for you. We are sure you are in good hands!

Brandon
Why did my power steering fail the 2nd day I had my car? lol
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I wonder where the "other" coolant line is that comes from the oil cooler. I guess the other line probably feeds into something that isn't a threaded connection. Learn something new every day. I had no idea the oil cooler had engine coolant flowing through it. I just thought it was an "air cooled" oil cooler.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Brandon
Thanks Brandon. Ill keep you updated.
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote