Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #29
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
tmandoug nice unauthorized photo u got in your sig their:P

Anyone know when the lines will be swapped and they start building the Canadian ZL1's? Last i heard it would be March.
The later the better this way the Canadian ZL1's arent exposed to the Canadian winter as much as the American ZL1's.
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're gonna eventually ship all of 'em -

.......except for one called 'Shaniqua'........she's afraid you'll ask her too many questions!!!!

Can you give us whats known as a "guestimate"to shipping date? Thanks for your diligence and help. I build Remote Operated Vehicles and have to give my new engineers a kick in the rumpus to make it right. QC at times can be a bear, but you do what it takes to get it right.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #31
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I know you guys are excited but geez some of it is rediculous.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
tmandoug nice unauthorized photo u got in your sig their:P

Anyone know when the lines will be swapped and they start building the Canadian ZL1's? Last i heard it would be March.
The later the better this way the Canadian ZL1's arent exposed to the Canadian winter as much as the American ZL1's.

Thats just wrong

However, there is a guy on here from Canada who's ZL1 has been built already. Do they build ZL1s for Canada one week and US another week
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
camarocam

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Problems found during Quality Control?

The elephant in the room has me wondering if during their Quality control they found something wrong with the production ZL1 cars?...... I hope not but that seems to be the only rational explanation for such a delay to ship. Just build them well and I will be happy.
camarocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
if getting mileage and beating up a CTF car to find possible defects is a little behind schedule i will officially volunteer to take over for someone that needs to attend those meetings. i have 62 days of leave saved up and i can guarantee that car will be well tested to the limits and beyond

btw im free

hell i might pay for the opportunity to drive one and get to help get them released

oh where do the CTF's go after you guys are done with them. that IBM one would be a hot sell
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #35
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Building ZL1s for the great white North one week and those destined elsewhere wouldn't make sense. I doubt it.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #36
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocam View Post
The elephant in the room has me wondering if during their Quality control they found something wrong with the production ZL1 cars?...... I hope not but that seems to be the only rational explanation for such a delay to ship. Just build them well and I will be happy.
This happened with the 2010 SS Camaro. My car was built 4/1/09, sat in QC for almost 2 months and got to the dealer at the end of May. It would have sat in my garage anyway. Count on the product being a-one when you get it.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
if getting mileage and beating up a CTF car to find possible defects is a little behind schedule i will officially volunteer to take over for someone that needs to attend those meetings. i have 62 days of leave saved up and i can guarantee that car will be well tested to the limits and beyond

btw im free

hell i might pay for the opportunity to drive one and get to help get them released

oh where do the CTF's go after you guys are done with them. that IBM one would be a hot sell

I would also like to know where the CTF cars go? Also did Chevy take a ZL1 for the history museum???
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #38
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Fbod, are you saying you can't get hook me up with a shirt due to proprietary info. You do me a favor and take my car and let them QC or QA it as it is called in the military until you are satisfied. I will wait at least another 51 days as my loan runs out and I have to re-apply. Please tell me the guy didn't get fired for the pics because that was beautiful.
I can't hook you up with a shirt because I don't work at the Oshawa Plant.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #39
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Can you give us whats known as a "guestimate"to shipping date? Thanks for your diligence and help. I build Remote Operated Vehicles and have to give my new engineers a kick in the rumpus to make it right. QC at times can be a bear, but you do what it takes to get it right.

I won't give you a guestimate simply because it may be wrong - and all that does is upset everyone.

We'll ship them as soon as we're satisfied that all is as it should be.

(.....I'll bet you stand in front of your microwave oven and yell hurry up!!!!

if it makes you feel any better, I still don't have my CTF ZL1 --
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #40
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocam View Post

OK everyone - knowing that it's late - I'm a bit tired -- please forgive me - but this is exactly why I am concerned about posting ANYTHING on this site these days.

Please go back and read an earlier post I made in this thread...........

THERE IS NO ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM -

THERE IS ALWAYS A DELAY IN SHIPPING CARS ONCE WE START A NEW MODEL.

Now - I don't mean to belittle anyone - but please - we've been very forthright in all of our communications to the dealers and to those on this site- (and those messages have been posted on this site) that we would be most likely shipping cars in late February or early March.

it is not late February or early March yet.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #41
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
OK everyone - knowing that it's late - I'm a bit tired -- please forgive me - but this is exactly why I am concerned about posting ANYTHING on this site these days.

Please go back and read an earlier post I made in this thread...........

THERE IS NO ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM -

THERE IS ALWAYS A DELAY IN SHIPPING CARS ONCE WE START A NEW MODEL.

Now - I don't mean to belittle anyone - but please - we've been very forthright in all of our communications to the dealers and to those on this site- (and those messages have been posted on this site) that we would be most likely shipping cars in late February or early March.

it is not late February or early March yet.
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do

Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #42
KaotiK

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I won't give you a guestimate simply because it may be wrong - and all that does is upset everyone.

We'll ship them as soon as we're satisfied that all is as it should be.

(.....I'll bet you stand in front of your microwave oven and yell hurry up!!!!

if it makes you feel any better, I still don't have my CTF ZL1 --
I hope you don't feel like you always have to be on the defense when you visit the forum... Please know that there are some very loyal (maybe add patient) GM customers that visit this site that actually enjoy and even appreciate the few tid bits of information that yourself and a few other (Super60, BeckyD, ect) GM employees tend to share. Keep positive! cause to me I come to this forum as a fan to educate myself, learn and share info with others who share the same passion for the Camaro as I do!

I am so excited for the opportunity to be able to own such a sports car and as impatient as I am, I am willing to wait until you guys get it right before sending my baby to me... Because as proud as you guys are at building these, I will be as proud to own the ZL1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneducated Guess View Post
Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do

2012 ZL1 #478, BLACK, 6 SPD MANUAL, EXPOSED CARBON FIBER HOOD, BLACK 10 SPOKE WHEELS, SUNROOF, SUEDED APP. PACKAGE.

1000 Initial Order 11/29/2011Doug Marshall Chevrolet
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/29/2011 - QBFFHK
2000 Order accepted by GM: 01/24/2012
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 01/24/2012TPW - 03/05/2012
3100 Sequenced: 02/20/2012
3300 Scheduled For Production:02/20/2012
3400 Broadcast: 02/22/2012
3800 Produced: 03/07/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 03/07/2012
4200 Shipped: 04/05/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 04/13/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 04/19/2012