Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #43
haulass350

Drives: 97 silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
Is your car stock? And did the dealership fix it under warranty?
it was stock at the time of the axle breaking.
haulass350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #44
Camarorss350
camaro blogger

Drives: 2010 Black on Black SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Camarorss350
well either theres more to this story or GM is being absurd, i hope a GM dude hops on here and reads this... This is something that needs to be fixed, by GM, under warranty.
Camarorss350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #45
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Man, did they see you coming. I would fully expect these cars to handle 4k
clutch drops, since the launch control, that was designed by GM, sets the
engine rpms to 4200 to 4800 rpms. And the owners manual gives us directions on how to use it. Why wouldn't you expect the car to handle it?

Didn't mean to come off the way i did. I didn't know you were using launch control and I don't understand why GM even put launch control in the camaros and the corvettes know realizing shit is going to break sooner or later and that will lead to ton of claims.

I would think GM would learn from the fiasco that it caused Nissan on the GTR.

Good luck with your claim... Hope it works out for you
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #46
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
We'll see. I pm'd fbodfather so I'll see if he gets back with me in time. I see this being a big deal with these cars
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #47
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I would at least call another dealer and get their opinion. Seriously, tire tread and exhaust mod should not even come into play in this situation. If you put a supercharger or did anything to the engine to produce a lot more power or modded the tranny, that would definitely have a downstream effect then I can understand. If your driveline/drivetrain is stock, and you are simply using the factory installed performance controls to optimize performance/traction and something breaks, I really can't understand why the dealer would not honor the warranty. This is like using the factory installed cruise control, and the throttle gets stuck or whatever, and the dealer says it is not covered under warranty because you have a CAI installed. It is BS. But then again, we do not know the entire story on this.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #48
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011RS/SS View Post
Didn't mean to come off the way i did. I didn't know you were using launch control and I don't understand why GM even put launch control in the camaros and the corvettes know realizing shit is going to break sooner or later and that will lead to ton of claims.

I would think GM would learn from the fiasco that it caused Nissan on the GTR.

Good luck with your claim... Hope it works out for you
If you read the whole thread you would know that I wasn't using launch control, I was accelerating hard up an on ramp and when I shifted into 2nd the CV broke. My dealer didn't even hesitate about covering
this break, so yes, it worked out for me!

People: Please read the whole thread before throwing in your $.02 worth.

Last edited by mtcwby; 09-11-2009 at 12:09 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #49
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
My story is that I was using launch control and it broke. That's the whole story.
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Don't give up, show them you are not the only one and that this part was obviously defective. LOL about the tire wear, that is a BS excuse.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #51
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
I almost forgot, cause I was busy driving my Camaro. Seemed like i was without her forever, but they only had it for 1 1/2 days. Great job replacing the half shaft, cleaned up all the grease for me. I have nothing but great
things to say about Davidson Gebhardt Chevrolet and their service dept, especially Gregg (service advisor) and Ryan (mechanic).
Thanks guys!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #52
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
My story is that I was using launch control and it broke. That's the whole story.
Launch Control is an approved feature designed and built for use with this vehicle. This is plainly stated in the owner's manual. Your argument should be that you were using the vehicle in exactly the manner outlined by GM in the owner's manual.

See my attached excerpt from the Camaro Owner's Manual.

Look, the owner's manual will put the sleeper hold on them.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #53
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Lost a drive line this week using launch control. Covered under warranty and will be repaired in a few days. I can't believe you are having this problem.
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #54
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Launch Control is an approved feature designed and built for use with this vehicle. This is plainly stated in the owner's manual. Your argument should be that you were using the vehicle in exactly the manner outlined by GM in the owner's manual.

See my attached excerpt from the Camaro Owner's Manual.

Look, the owner's manual will put the sleeper hold on them.

Yes, but if you go a few pages forward, you can see that GM gives itself an out printed in the bold "Notice" section:

PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #55
04ssSilverado

Drives: above `12 zl1 #780
i have "clicking noise, 2-3 clicks when i turn left and accelerate normally.need advice on dealer to trust, because i don't trust any of them.
04ssSilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #56
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDoc View Post
Yes, but if you go a few pages forward, you can see that GM gives itself an out printed in the bold "Notice" section:
No out for GM. Launch Control a standard feature, and the driver using the feature as instructed.

Additionally, warning is for transmission damage due to shifting while car has no traction. In the OP's case, he has CV joint issue - not transmission issue.