Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #1
just
Banned

Drives: Blown and inter cooled
buyer safety and marketplace regulation

Not trying to front for PayPal but the only safe way to deal with people on here is (if your a buyer) have the seller send an invoice. Although the seller will be charged a fee, PayPal will protect the buyer by holding onto the funds until the item is shipped and delivered.

Although financial responsibility is the responsibility of oneself, camaro5 representatives need to step in and educate people on online marketplaces such as the one here present, perhaps even regulate it to some extent. Many people have been ripped off by people who joined recently with their only post being one regarding the sale of some big ticket item . I believe blocking people from selling until they reach a certain post count could be one way of regulating sellers in the marketplace. Perhaps A sticky on PayPal invoices and other means of monetary transfers would also be extremely beneficial to members. The fact that there is no information or regulation of peer to peer transfers in the member marketplace is what is attracting so many criminal scammers lately.

Bottom line is if you're the buyer, never EVER give money to a non sponsored seller without some sort of security such as PayPal invoices.

Stay safe friends
just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I'd be more aware to BEWARE of you.
When you attacked user DROTTIE on this site, claiming he ripped you off when EVERYONE responding pointed out that, in fact, it was YOU that were in the wrong... YOU sent out private messages to those who responded on your thread.

Your thread (now closed by Admin):
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...45#post8574545

Here is the Private Message that you sent to me in response to my posting in that thread. SHAME ON YOU.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
When you attacked user DROTTIE on this site, claiming he ripped you off when EVERYONE responding pointed out that, in fact, it was YOU that were in the wrong... YOU sent out private messages to those who responded on your thread.

Here is the Private Message that you sent to me in response to my posting in that thread. SHAME ON YOU.

Damn! I feel left out. I didn't get the suck d and die PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #4
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Just got my morning chuckle.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
That dude has problems -
Old 08-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
And for everyone's information - If the seller is a verified member of Paypal, then Paypal does NOT hold the funds until an item is shipped!! If I sell you something, I can withdraw the money from my Paypal account just as soon as you send it to me. So can any verified Paypal member.

Will Paypal protect you if you file a complaint? Sure they will. If you're interested, go read their policy. But know that member JUST is wrong. He is passing along incorrect info and advise. The only time Paypal holds funds is when the seller is not verified. Then the money is held for a certain time frame. And is it not listed as "Pending." Paypal invoices have nothing to do with buyer protection. As long as you are not "gifting" the money, you are protected. "Just" just doesn't have a clue.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:40 AM   #7
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:

Lol i thought as soon as some people started realizing he is the one at fault how he would take that anger out xD. Well put it up to one of those things people feel safe to say behind a computer screen.
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:44 AM   #8
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by just View Post
Not trying to front for PayPal but the only safe way to deal with people on here is (if your a buyer) have the seller send an invoice. Although the seller will be charged a fee, PayPal will protect the buyer by holding onto the funds until the item is shipped and delivered.

Although financial responsibility is the responsibility of oneself, camaro5 representatives need to step in and educate people on online marketplaces such as the one here present, perhaps even regulate it to some extent. Many people have been ripped off by people who joined recently with their only post being one regarding the sale of some big ticket item . I believe blocking people from selling until they reach a certain post count could be one way of regulating sellers in the marketplace. Perhaps A sticky on PayPal invoices and other means of monetary transfers would also be extremely beneficial to members. The fact that there is no information or regulation of peer to peer transfers in the member marketplace is what is attracting so many criminal scammers lately.

Bottom line is if you're the buyer, never EVER give money to a non sponsored seller without some sort of security such as PayPal invoices.

Stay safe friends
Lol I love how he says "Stay safe friends" wonder if he is all gonna PM us the same thing. Also if you're never going to trust a non sponsored seller enjoy missing out on really good deals. BTW if you got your ass chewed out for messing up once, why are you taking that experience and turning it around in a way that makes it seem like you didn't mess up, you were clearly in the wrong by accusing someone for nothing, way to go, you made another thread that makes you look dumb. Notice how I worded that in a sort of appropriate manor instead of pming you what you said xD.
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:40 AM   #9
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
We've had a wave of dbags here lately. Glad mods are suspending accounts.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
This thread was made after someone got scammed by "smoke". Op might of had good attentions but he just didnt understand the full policy/process when he went to buy. Also patience and respect.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #11
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
No this thread was made after the nut case OP went off on a good member. See his thread below, nuff said. I'm sure a mod will come along and hit closed button on this one as it should be.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote