Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #57
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnutz View Post
Cool, I still have my stock axles, I've got the big & littles, think I've had them since aug of last year, maybe Sep. I'll contact Hendrix and see what we can do. I'm not going to be at this HP level forever, I'm just trying to get the most I can out of a fully stock internal (cam only) motor, but I will eventually either scatter the motor, or get to the point where I've pushed it to it's fullest potential. So my next setup should be in the 4 digit range easily. I'm overseas right now, and when I get in, I've got some grudge races against some 2011 GT's & modded 5th gens to do, then before I leave the country again, I can just swap back to the stock axles, and send the big & littles back in. I'm only picking on 5th gens & 11 GT's with the 5th gen right now as I have other cars as you can tell from my sig that are much more capable of handling other cars in grudge races, and brackets.

Quick non 5th gen question? I'm building an LS1 powered 1000+ HP X-275 Fox body, do you make drive shafts that go from a TH-400 to a ford flanged rear end, or would it be better to get a 1350 swap U-joint setup/pinion setup, and do you make those? I don't have the dimensions of the shaft I need with me, but will be setting the pinion angle when I get home, and measuring for a DS, so I will be getting in touch with you on that.

Really appreciate the information.

We have been building driveshaft for over 35 years, yea we can do that we do alot of the Fox body stuff. I would recommend taking off the flange and putting a u-bolt style yoke. I wish they made a good 1350 flange for the 8.8 rear, we have found flanges to be superior for part-to-part centering but they don't. we would just need a measurement from the flat of the rear flange to the seal on the trans (make sure the rear has weight on it) We will balance it on the new 9500rpm balancer

here is a picture of the new machine, we were doing testing for one of the top NASCAR teams with it last week at 8800rpm. they don't make balance weights small enough for the sensitivity so we added a drill to get them perfect.....

Last edited by Driveshaftshop; 12-05-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #58
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just clicked that link and realized that they were only moved to the review section and not deleted as I originally thought. That's ok.. I don't see a huge problem with that. After all, you were reviewing your customer service or lack there of in your opinion.

On another topic, talk to frank at the DSS. I have his 1400 axles and beat the snot out of them on a regular basis. No doubt they will carry my car into the 9's with 700 rwhp. He will hook you up asap!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #59
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I just clicked that link and realized that they were only moved to the review section and not deleted as I originally thought. That's ok.. I don't see a huge problem with that. After all, you were reviewing your customer service or lack there of in your opinion.
Posts that belong in vendor review sections WILL be moved to vendor review sections.

Posts that discuss reviews on actual parts will stay in those threads.

Reviews on parts and reviews on vendors are two separate discussions.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #60
TTCamaro
Turbo fabber

Drives: 2010 Twin turbo Camaro
Thanks for the axles Gforce, I've been driving on them for about a week now. Great product and it was great chatting with you
I might have to swap out to that 35 spline spool and stubs if I ever crank up the boost and hit the track much. Maybe by then Eaton or someone will come out with a 35 spline truetrac or something.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #61
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCamaro View Post
Thanks for the axles Gforce, I've been driving on them for about a week now. Great product and it was great chatting with you
I might have to swap out to that 35 spline spool and stubs if I ever crank up the boost and hit the track much. Maybe by then Eaton or someone will come out with a 35 spline truetrac or something.
I went with a 35 spline Moser Waveloc with the Outlaw axles. Outside of a spool it is a very tough unit.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #62
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCamaro View Post
Glad you like the axles
I'm sure someone will come out with an aftermarket posi sooner or later, it's bound to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I went with a 35 spline Moser Waveloc with the Outlaw axles. Outside of a spool it is a very tough unit.
Yep, the Wavetrac is one nice unit.
With the set up were building for your car, you'll have a 35 spline posi, 35 spline stubs, 33 spline axles and 33 spline outer stubs. Your entire driveline from the posi to the outer stubs will be darn near 1.5" in diameter.
That's what I call "Built to the hilt"
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #63
drkllr

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE 650 H.O ABM m6
Got my new dss axles yesterday. Thank to DSS for the wonderfull customer service. It may be a long time before i get them installed i will let you know how they do as soon as i can get enough time off to instal them
drkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #64
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
The install is relatively easy. Even the axle nuts came off easy. I thought it would be a pain, but ended up being just a morning job.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #65
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Just got my G-FORCE axles from Scott today. No problems. About a week order to door.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #66
drkllr

im going to do all my suspension upgrades at one time. Drive shaft loop tunnel brace subframe connectors. solid subframe bushings dif bushings and axles. so this might take me a little time to get done. so i am waiting for three free days to make sure i can take my time and do the best job poss. work is difficult to plan so time off may take even longer. but i am eager to got the job done
drkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #67
drkllr

Still have not had time off to do install. so i sent the car with all my and DSS axles Down to Hennessey. If i am not going to install They are the only ones I trust to do it. Just as always they did a wonderful job. Here is video of car being unloaded from truck. Hennessey customer service is second to none.