Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #743
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane4 View Post
Not a word on chevy or the engineers? Wow.
I would assume they are not allowed to talk about it.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #744
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
They will get my switchblade keys from me when they pry them out of my cold, dead fingers. end of story.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #745
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane4 View Post
Blame the media and lawyers for a poorly designed ignition switch... Not a word on chevy or the engineers? Wow.
The Camaro does not use the same switch as the Cobalt. The Camaro recall is on the key; the ignition switch is performing as intended. If you have information to the contrary please share.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #746
shane4

Drives: Honda. Camaro in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreakHouTX View Post
They will get my switchblade keys from me when they pry them out of my cold, dead fingers. end of story.
Hopefully your reluctance to fix a safety recall doesn't cause an accident and open yourself up to a lawsuit or worse someone else get hurt because of your negligence. Either way this recall has assured Gm that they are no longer on the hook because they've offered to repair the issue and you declined.
shane4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #747
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreakHouTX View Post
Or until you have the car serviced and they report to you that the switchblade key failed and they had no choice but to replace it with the new one.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #748
Bat Maro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
this is the dumbest recall of all time.
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #749
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
If they "force" me to change my switchblade, then I will "force" myself to sell the Camaro and never ever buy another GM car.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Camaro, but I don't like how GM is trying to get themselves covered by giving me keys that belong to cars from the 90's era.

Put it this way, if my 2010 Camaro came with the GM fob+key solution, then I would have never bought the car in the first place.

A decent solution is to design a new key, that would resolve this issue and yet be a switch blade. I cannot believe it will be that expensive to design or produce these keys.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #750
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Or until you have the car serviced and they report to you that the switchblade key failed and they had no choice but to replace it with the new one.
A dealer cannot perform any service to your car without your consent. That is the law!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #751
sticks88

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS ,2014 Rav4
Ya ...hitting the ignore button when they call.
sticks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #752
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
So some of you guys would rather sell your cars then to get a different key? Wow lol. I like my key, but come on. ITS A KEY.
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #753
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
If they "force" me to change my switchblade, then I will "force" myself to sell the Camaro and never ever buy another GM car.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Camaro, but I don't like how GM is trying to get themselves covered by giving me keys that belong to cars from the 90's era.

Put it this way, if my 2010 Camaro came with the GM fob+key solution, then I would have never bought the car in the first place.

A decent solution is to design a new key, that would resolve this issue and yet be a switch blade. I cannot believe it will be that expensive to design or produce these keys.

Lol...I wouldn't of bought the car I wanted over the style of key fob?
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #754
CamaroJedi

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
I like my flip key in the key fob. I do not want the key and fob separated. I don't like this cheap "fix". Lame. Now if they were replacing the ignition switch with a push start button I would do that but I do not want to go backwards. Dang, feels so much like the old GM where the company was run by the bean counters with no care for design just cheap bland ideas. Very disappointed to read about this recall. Arrrgggg. :( Fix it right GM. Eff cheap quick lame fixes.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #755
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can speak for anyone else but for myself. But I'm pretty sure I stand an equal chance of being struck by lightning while standing at the bottom of the ocean than accidentally hitting my key fob with my knee, turning off the car and causing an accident.

Actually I think there will be a better chance of something unexpected happening while using a key with a fob hanging from it than what we're currently using now.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #756
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
A dealer cannot perform any service to your car without your consent. That is the law!
Wow you are mad and slightly irrational over this.

It's also the law that they can't use parts ID'd as a safety recall.

They will hand you the new key and you will go berserk.

And they will say "I'm sorry sir, but your key failed and we had to make a new one."

And you'll hire a lawyer and file suit to make them pay! And you'll lose your suit.

-Or even better-

They'll call you on the phone and tell you it broke. And you'll go berserk. And you'll tell them "Don't you dare make me that new key!!! I mean business!!!"

And then they'll say "Sir your car won't start without a key. Get a flatbed over here and try to find somebody who will make you the old one". And you'll take the car on the flatbed. And you'll try to get an old key.

And then you'll bring the car back to GM. On the flatbed. And then this time you'll pay for a new key instead of getting it for free, because dadgumit, you didn't authorize them to give you that free key.

-Or even betterest-

You'll sell your car. Or try to. And in a private sale you'll hear "But isn't that the key that could kill me and all my kittens and cripples and nuns and children and elderly parents and innocent people too? I'll give you 5 grand"

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 06-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall