Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
MpCamaro

Drives: Camaro
Twin Disc Clutch - Yes or No ??

Hey everyone.
I looked a round a little but i did not see much info in the way of Twin Disc Clutches.

I wanted to get some opinions on if you guys use them?
What Brands did you buy ?
How much is a reasonable price? ( I dont want to spend $2k)
I heard Fidanza is coming out with a new version of their Twin Disc, has anyone heard about this ?

Thanks for your help ~ !
MpCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Are you asking about twin disk VS triple?? What are your power goals? A few minor details could go a long way.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
MpCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Are you asking about twin disk VS triple?? What are your power goals? A few minor details could go a long way.

Sorry about that, im new lol
Yes I am asking about the twin vs triple.
My HP goal is 500 and TQ maybe 450??
Old 03-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
1KillerSS

At those power levels, I would say your fine with twin disk. Others will chime in I am sure.

Welcome to C5 and keep your CC in a secured location away from you! This place will make you do things to your car that just makes it faster and cost you more money!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I would definitely use a twin over a single disc any day. You will have everyone give their opinion on which brand is best so just make your decision based on what you've researched.

I decided to go with Monster Clutch. They have excellent customer service and their clutches come with a one year warranty and are rebuildable if you like to play a lot lol.

You also have street slayer, mcleod rxt, mantic 9000 and many others to choose from. I'm sure different manufacturers will come here soon

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
MpCamaro

Thanks guys ! Im glad i joined the forum, im already getting some good info !
THat makes me feel good that you both said the Twin, cause that what my research was telling me to get.

Im interested in seeing what Fidanza's twin disc will be like, I was a big Fidanza fan back when i was driving some import cars. Their stuff is rebuildable also, which is a nice feature !

Thanks guys !!!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
A twin is the way to go for your goals,now decide if you want to Invest in the last clutch you would ever need for a little more up front or do you want to pay less up front but replace it more often. Either way we got you covered just give us a call and we can go over the different options.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
MpCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
A twin is the way to go for your goals,now decide if you want to Invest in the last clutch you would ever need for a little more up front or do you want to pay less up front but replace it more often. Either way we got you covered just give us a call and we can go over the different options.
Thanks H-E, for the input, Im going to wait and see what Fidanza has coming out in a couple months.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #9
1KillerSS

Is there any particular reason your set on Fidanza? Do some research on clutches, Fidanza is not a bad clutch, but there are some really killer ones out there. I would use google and search within C5. I get better results that way.

Build thread
Old 03-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #10
MpCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Is there any particular reason your set on Fidanza? Do some research on clutches, Fidanza is not a bad clutch, but there are some really killer ones out there. I would use google and search within C5. I get better results that way.

Im not SET on Fidanza, but they have a new Twin Disc coming out soon so i would like to wait and see what that has to offer. Then compare everyone's clutch and see what i come up with.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #11
Carbuff

Drives: 1970 Pontiac Firebird
I just installed Monster's LT1-S street twin into my older pro-touring Firebird with an LS build and T56 Magnum. I've only put a few miles on it so far, but I love the feel and engagement of this setup. The fact that it's a GM clutch is nice also in that I can easily source replacement parts in the future.

I cannot comment on the customer service from anyone else, but I sent Steve at Monster an email at 9:00 on Saturday night, and I had a reply in 5 minutes. He has answered multiple questions for me during the selection process, so he gets some great props from me.

Good luck with your choice.
Carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #12
MpCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff69 View Post
I just installed Monster's LT1-S street twin into my older pro-touring Firebird with an LS build and T56 Magnum. I've only put a few miles on it so far, but I love the feel and engagement of this setup. The fact that it's a GM clutch is nice also in that I can easily source replacement parts in the future.

I cannot comment on the customer service from anyone else, but I sent Steve at Monster an email at 9:00 on Saturday night, and I had a reply in 5 minutes. He has answered multiple questions for me during the selection process, so he gets some great props from me.

Its always nice to hear a company has good customer service these days !
Maybe ill take a look at Monster also, Still waiting for more information about this Fidanza Twin disc, in the mean time ill check out Monster!

Thanks i appreciate the info !
Old 03-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #13
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff69 View Post

Thanks for the kind words!
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #14
Dr Chill

Drives: 2015 Z/28
I had a Spec dual disk on my Z06. It required significant effort to depress and really was grippy and was difficult to engage smoothly at low speeds but was great on the track. If your power level is 500/500 and you use the car only on the street, a single disk heavy duty clutch would be preferable IMO.
2009 911 Turbo Cab
Dr Chill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fidanza, twin disc clutch