Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #85
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Yep. No matter what they did, the whiners would whine. The 6 th gen will get trashed by the same crowd
I'm looking forward to what the 6th will have to offer considering the technology age we are in.

It'll be a night and day difference from the 2010-2014 models that we know it. Hopefully the Recaro seat option is here to stay as an option for future models, color HUD, etc. I'm still pushing for a blind sensor in the mirrors and front end collision option maybe marketed as a "Safety tech" package. The design of the 6th Gen is a different topic in itself.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #86
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Ack. Just re-read the changes cards and Recaro is available for coupes only. What a load of crap. I was hoping because I'm gearing up to order one in about 6-9 months. But I guess the chances are less you'll be needing a seat like this on a soft top.

One GOOD thing is that it seems at least for the SS/LT that the coupe and convertible get the same spoiler. Hope that holds true for the ZL1 as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #87
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Depends if the facia meeting point has changed. I did see that the heat extractor is an SS only option, the V6 won't have it.

Toasty, do you see the heat extraxtor as an option for the SS or an SS feature? I see as a feature. Hope you are correct but I fear the hole in the hood has replaced the mail slot.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #88
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
Interesting. The longer document of the two says this is for sales reps only inmate fine print.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #89
5150WS6

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
On that analogy, Acura's taillights copied the '69 Camaro's.... maybe Acura could have done better.

Well put

I'm not a huge fan of the rear lights either but will hold out to see them up close and personal. Still have my eye on a custom ZL1. I think a full evil black version is in order!
5150WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #90
AnthonyR
AnthonyR

Drives: 1987 Iroc-Z
I'm still trying to decide on whether to buy the Z/28 or the ZL1!! I guess i'll have to drive em both and see which one I like better! Either way I want to send it to Lingenfelter for a nice "tune up". Does anybody know if they have packages that work in Cali?
AnthonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #91
5150WS6

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just figured something out too staring at the rear end of the 2014. I think the reason most people(myself included) were a little(a lot for some) unhappy with the tail lights is they are one solid piece. Prelude-ish as mentioned about a billion times before in these threads. I like the look of the dual Corvette type lights. So on my black ZL1 I'll just have the tail light section in between where the reverse lights sit painted black. Easy cheap fix and it would bring back the look of the dual tail lights without to much hassle.

Just a thought. Looking forward to getting that bad boy for sure........
5150WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #92
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Interesting. The longer document of the two says this is for sales reps only inmate fine print.
That is correct. I guess you all are honorary sales reps for the Camaro

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #93
Uileat

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I'd like to know a little more about this new option:

"Blue Interior Accent Trim Package"

Could be a nice mod opportunity for my IBM.
Uileat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #94
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uileat View Post
I'd like to know a little more about this new option:

"Blue Interior Accent Trim Package"

Could be a nice mod opportunity for my IBM.
Or Summit White.
White with blue interior has always been my favorite combo.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #95
wahoo

Drives: Dreaming of a 2SS/RS
No hood stripes?!!!??
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #96
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Don't care for the plastic looking hood vents. Looks very 80's to me. Also, is that a chrome strip across the edge of the front facia right above the grill and headlights? OMG, really? There's no other chrome on this car so why would they do this? There's a time and place for chrome and that ain't it! And I agree with others on hating the tail lights. Very Honda Prelude/Acura. Looking more like a ricer now.

Some may call it whinning...I call it like I see 'em.

Glad I got my 5th gen!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Don't care for the plastic looking hood vents. Looks very 80's to me. Also, is that a chrome strip across the edge of the front facia right above the grill and headlights? OMG, really? There's no other chrome on this car so why would they do this? There's a time and place for chrome and that ain't it! And I agree with others on hating the tail lights. Very Honda Prelude/Acura. Looking more like a ricer now.

Some may call it whinning...I call it like I see 'em.

Glad I got my 5th gen!
Yes, that is a chrome strip. I believe its part of the RS package

I hated the hood vent 2 weeks ago, but now I think I'm starting to like it. Still don't have an opinion, for or against on the tail lights.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #98
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
the same thing happened with the mustang. the camaro is going through its ugly phase
plz plz plz no1 waste their money on this model! so they can see how bad they made our beautiful camaros! i dont kno where they got their design ideas from but it surely wasnt from people with 2010 camaros haha

Brilliant idea, NOBODY BUY IT! That way in a few years they will cancel the Camaro again because it is not making Chevy any money. Then nobody can complain what the 6th Gen will look like because we will never see it and you will have to go buy a Mustang to get some new muscle.

I think the changes look good and it would not stop me from buying one. I sure hope they never stop making the Camaro again so my grandkids can get one when they can drive. I want them to have the same permagrin driving their new Camaro as I have driving mine. I would love to take a ride in theirs, or if I am no longer around I hope they blow past a Mustang and say, "Just like Grandpa used to do it".
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote