Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
How did you remove the bow tie? At no time did you push something under it to help pry it loose did you? I have seen dents like that from prying.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #16
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
How did you remove the bow tie? At no time did you push something under it to help pry it loose did you? I have seen dents like that from prying.
Emblem took a whole 2 minutes to take off, that was the easy part. 1. Wifes hair dryer; 2. Dental floss. Nice n Easy, just like that cover girl commercial, "nice n easy".

Mo prying at all dude, not even close! That dent was definitely from the factory.

The hard part, was wiping/buffing off the adhesive residue on the black paint work. I used a specialized product called Goo Gone automotive spray gel, but it wasn't strong enough I found.

IMHO, a manager is going to have to hold a meeting, and speak to the dudes responsible installing those bow ties. Something tells me that there are more cases out there like what I found on mine.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Emblem took a whole 2 minutes to take off, that was the easy part. 1. Wifes hair dryer; 2. Dental floss. Nice n Easy, just like that cover girl commercial, "nice n easy".

Mo prying at all dude, not even close! That dent was definitely from the factory.

The hard part, was wiping/buffing off the adhesive residue on the black paint work. I used a specialized product called Goo Gone automotive spray gel, but it wasn't strong enough I found.

IMHO, a manager is going to have to speak to the dudes responsible installing that bowtie. Something tells me that there are more out there like mine.
I was just wondering since I have seen it done before. Probably since it is normally covered by the bow tie they will not take the time to repair a small dent like that at the factory.
I just used a little fishing line to take mine off, I didn't need to heat it since it was a warm sunny day. I just used bug and tar remover to get the glue off. It worked great.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
I dented mine during removal. I should have used the dental floss method. Denture cleaner does not work the same.
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
No dings in mine either when I took it off to put the black vinyl and the SS emblem on.

+1 except I replaced the rear bow tie with the Camaro vinyl cut out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #20
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
No dings in mine either when I took it off to put the black vinyl and the SS emblem on.
No, he's getting S S, not the same one everyone else has. Special design, the space will show the flat spot. I'd take it back and get a whole new car. Lemon Law.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
No, he's getting S S, not the same one everyone else has. Special design, the space will show the flat spot......
lol

Yes, yes! You nailed it! Dat the problem!

The 2 S's will allow the flat spot(aka dent) to sit neatly between them.

Just dispatched a message to my dent wizard dude, hopefully this will all end, just like a mini bad dream.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #22
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
....... I'd take it back and get a whole new car. Lemon Law.
If the painless dent removal dude tells me something like "sorry man, tough luck, I won't be able to pop this one out, because the location of the dent is.....", you can bet, that I will definitely become very very , and pay them a visit!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #23
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Actually it does bother me, because I was really planning on putting two S S's in the middle there. No, not the one Sparks sells, you know, the one that is one piece and sits on a plate. Rogers at Emblemspro, was in the process of designing me custom separate S S pieces, hence my taking off the Chevy Bowtie tonight, in slow preparation of the separate S S emblems arrival date.
It would bother me, too, as I replaced mine with separate emblems. I didn't have a dent though.

Name:  Reduced2.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  64.1 KB
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #24
scooter6

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro
Bow tie dent

I found the exact same dent hiding under my bow tie when I removed it not as bad as yours but I know its there .As a bonus when I removed my stock spoiler to replace it with a MPD1 I found a small dent hiding under there also. I am still deciding what to do about it as it is in hibernation for a few more months yet. Good luck. Scooter6
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #25
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter6 View Post
I found the exact same dent hiding under my bow tie when I removed it not as bad as yours but I know its there .As a bonus when I removed my stock spoiler to replace it with a MPD1 I found a small dent hiding under there also. I am still deciding what to do about it as it is in hibernation for a few more months yet. Good luck. Scooter6
Well I guess the one and only thing you can do, is to find one of those "paintless dent removal", "dent wizards", etc, dudes, and fix this mess. One dent fix shouldn't cost you anything more than filling up to the brim with 94 octane fuel, so money should not be the issue.

If you can't locate any in your area, get the training and become one!!! You'll make some good coin .

Now what's up with these dents? This is not cool at all, the more I think about it.
Having them hidden with an emblem, or spoiler, or whatever else it can be, is no excuse for this at all period.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #26
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter6 View Post
LOL, if whoever bought my 2010 SS removes the MPD1 spoiler, they will see the dent I put under it getting the stock one off.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #27
Ed Sanborn

Drives: 2013 rally yellow camaro SS/RS.
Location: Located in North Carolina, Asheville Camaro is licensed in Alaska
Dealer had the high wind spoiler installed when I purchased my 2013 SS. After about 3 months of driving I noticed a dimple in the trunk lid. Was being caused by the spoiler being installed wrong. Took the Camaro to a dealer and pointed out the problem. He called someone with Gemeral Motors and they said fix it under warranty, no charge. Might be worth talking to dealer and see what they say about the dent.
Ed Sanborn is offline   Reply With Quote