Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Yes, you may have to trim more plastic than is described in the instructions.
As I described in one of the PDF's here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302280

No worries. Just trim a little at a time until you get the fit just right!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
What is the performance benefit of this? How many horses is it good for?
On a dyno you will see something like:

Average HP gain: 5
Average TQ gain: 6

Peak HP gain: 5
Peak TQ gain: 7

This is in addition to your CAI. Sitting on a dyno there is very little air flow over the car, even with a wind machine you are very limited, so a dyno number does not give a realistic snap shot of the real world gains with a scoop. All I can say for sure is that it is noticeable.

Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I installed the Cold Air Inductions CAI two weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference over the following week. The following weekend I installed the (APEX) scoop and washer relocation kit. The difference was amazing, especially at around 3000 rpms and up. Car pulls much harder now, and sounds different too...

So I definitely recommend it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi View Post
I just installed a CAI, scoop, and a windshield washer relocate kit that I bought from APEX. The install went smooth with no problems. When I was done I took my car for a spin and WOW what a difference. It seemed to run a lot smoother and faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
As I described in one of the PDF's here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302280

No worries. Just trim a little at a time until you get the fit just right!
That is one outstanding DIY. Thanks for taking the time.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 06-18-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
sub
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
I really have to get around to installing mine. It's been sitting around the house for close to a year.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #19
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
I really have to get around to installing mine. It's been sitting around the house for close to a year.
Wow I don't feel so bad now and here I am feeling bad about 1 week.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Does the scoop work with any CAI? Mine is roto fab.

Thanks,

Scott

Quote:
On a dyno you will see something like:

Average HP gain: 5
Average TQ gain: 6

Peak HP gain: 5
Peak TQ gain: 7

This is in addition to your CAI. Sitting on a dyno there is very little air flow over the car, even with a wind machine you are very limited, so a dyno number does not give a realistic snap shot of the real world gains with a scoop. All I can say for sure is that it is noticeable.

Whoosh!

Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
Does the scoop work with any CAI? Mine is roto fab.

Thanks,

Scott
It works with any intake system that has an open bottom, which is most of them. Roto-Fab included.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Just glad to help out fellow C5ers.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #23
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Good job OP on the DIY! Just got my Apex scoop and bottle relocate done and everything went pretty smooth! My Dremel was junk so I used a utility knife to cut the plastic for the scoop! Took about 5 min and came out neat! That horn bolt is a booger! Lol, I installed my included bolt from the back and put the included nut on the side where the OEM bolt was going in! Made it a lot easier for me!! Hope to try the system out soon! Still got it on jacks for more upgrades!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Ox View Post
Good job OP on the DIY! Just got my Apex scoop and bottle relocate done and everything went pretty smooth! My Dremel was junk so I used a utility knife to cut the plastic for the scoop! Took about 5 min and came out neat! That horn bolt is a booger! Lol, I installed my included bolt from the back and put the included nut on the side where the OEM bolt was going in! Made it a lot easier for me!! Hope to try the system out soon! Still got it on jacks for more upgrades!
Can't wait to read your thoughts after you go for a ride.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Just installed my kit . Thank god for this write up. Took about 3 hrs as i took my time and the damn 95 degree heat, yeah that bolt is a pita. Will see how it feels in he am
Old 07-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Just installed my kit . Thank god for this write up. Took about 3 hrs as i took my time and the damn 95 degree heat, yeah that bolt is a pita. Will see how it feels in he am
Wow, that is pretty toasty for the north east. Look forward to reading your follow up.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Yeah pretty bad here, literally drank 3 large bottles of Gatorade to do the job, Drove this am, and it's a pretty good combo, car feels great and pulls nice , I would highly recommend this combo, was a little worried about doing the washer bottle relo, but that came out perfect as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Yeah pretty bad here, literally drank 3 large bottles of Gatorade to do the job, Drove this am, and it's a pretty good combo, car feels great and pulls nice , I would highly recommend this combo, was a little worried about doing the washer bottle relo, but that came out perfect as well.
Awesome! Glad to hear that.