Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
1sicss

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
stall converter

so in a few months i plan on doing quite a few mod's to my stock 2ss/rs a6, so looking for help on what to do. going to install the following. vararam cai, dynatech long tubes,custom 3'' catback exhaust and tuned, so now i'm thinking 373 gears, so should i add a stall converter to this set up if so which one. really don't want to get into tareing the motor apart(cam or heads) but anything's possible. just looking not to get beat by stock 5.7 hemi's or new mustang's. i know someone always will have more money and a faster car, just looking to get a little faster while still keeping it a reliable mid 12's in the 1/4 would be nice
1sicss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
We see .5-.7 seconds improvement in the 1/4 mile with our triple disc FTI....gear will help a 10th or 2, but the stall will make it a beats.

Special pricing right now so let me know if you want more info.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
locoycabron

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
can i recommend a tsp vvt-stage3 cam to go with a 3200 yank ss converter?
locoycabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Very good VVT cam, but the 3600 Yank would be a better it with that cam. We have run Yanks, Percisions, vig, ATI, etc through the years (most have sponsored us in our championship drag racing over the years) and I will still put the FTI head to head with any other for the lock up 4L60E, 4L80E, and 6L80E comparable stall as being quiker on avg a tenth plus.

Understand, we are not test & tune drag strip visitors...we haold multiple Divisional, National, and World Championships in both NHRA & IHRA in 6 different classes.....so every hundreth of a second (every thou even) makes the difference between continuing to win these championships or not winning, and we still keep adding them.

And each FTI is custom built for the car...nothing off the shelf.

We run ATI for glides exclusively as well. Pick up any drag magazine and look at the ATI adds....we are featured in most every add, at least one of our drivers.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote