Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
xshortd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
rear end failure?

Hey guys ive posted up a thread about this before but after searching high and low i have my conclusions and wanted your expert opinion for I am no expert at all.

So here is what happens:

While driving on he highway 50-60mph i occassionaly get a weird loud humming noise( like a jet plane is taking off) i feel vibration as well.

I emailed a couple of people and they said that it might be a rear diff problem but the thing is that it doesnt happen all the time. And my dealer wont be able to verify it because i have to take a mechanic out on the road so that he can hear it. but the issue is that it happens only sometimes.

Do you guys think its a rear diff issue, or does the humming and vibration always have to occur for it to be a rear diff issue??

Thanks so much!
xshortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
BruceJames

Drives: 2010 SS2 RS Inferno Orange
I had that sort of noise coming from the rear every time I stepped on the gas.. particularly in 6th gear on the highway.. but it did happen in every gear.. This was after they fixed a clicking noise from the 2 rear half shats by adding a washer by the wheels.. after a VERY long day of trial and error with the guys from Detroit on the phone.. they replaced my MUFFLERS.. Yup.. they said they had a bad baffle.. I still get a little weird drone when stepping on the gas but not as loud.. My fear is ther first "fix" is putting a torque strain on my differential too. We'll see.. But.. did you have that TSB fix for clicking read half shafts too?
BruceJames is offline   Reply With Quote