Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #3333
Lowbubba

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
How about picking up pizza and taking it to the cruise-in (or one of the nearby parks)?

Unless everyone doesn't want pizza.
Sounds like a plan, It's OK with us, get a feel for everone else.
Lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #3334
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Is there a pizza/subs/chicken/whatever place near the Milford cruise-in that we could place an order with and have them deliver? Could be kinda fun and nice not to have to carry food along. We could all bring our own drinks to save $ and make the delivery order easier. Just a suggestion :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #3335
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Can it be next Wednesday yet?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #3336
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
There is a Donotos Pizza in the parking lot if we so choose...

Damn Starlite was cancelled. Drove all the way to PA and it was a no-go. Two good aspects... #1 We got to eat at Primanti Bros with some friends and #2 I GOT TO DRIVE A CAMARO WITH A MAGGIE... (be nice Craig... I know how you feel about Maggies) It was awesome... now if someone will throw me the keys to their procharged car for a comparo... WOW it was impressive... the acceleration... 400 rwhp is SO not enough. Damn you Jamie!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #3337
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

There has already been a post about this with minimal traffic.

SATURDAY, JUNE 19th at Mid-Ohio. THere is going to be a Camaro/Firebird gathering to celebrate the Camaro's return to not only the road but also the track!

Tickets are $30 for a full weekend pass which gets you:
-Weekend admission
-Paddock area pass
-Stevenson Motorsports tour and driver meet/greet
-Lap of Mid-Ohio race track

They are pre-sale tickets only. To get tickets:
800.643.6446 - make sure you mention you are with the Camaro/Firebird group
-or-
www.midohio.com click on "mid-Ohio Sports Car course"... "buy tickets"... EMCO Gears Classic presented by Key Bank"... "Camaro/Firebird Car Club Ticket"

There will be a designated marking area for us.

Let me know if you are planning on going so we can camarovan up together.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #3338
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

SATURDAY, JUNE 19th at Mid-Ohio. THere is going to be a Camaro/Firebird gathering to celebrate the Camaro's return to not only the road but also the track!

-Weekend admission
-Paddock area pass

-or-
www.midohio.com click on "mid-Ohio Sports Car course"... "buy tickets"... EMCO Gears Classic presented by Key Bank"... "Camaro/Firebird Car Club Ticket"

I don't recall this be referred to as a Camaro/Firebird gathering before. Is there more info about this somewhere? It almost seemed to be more of a GTO event with some other cars sprinkled in.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #3339
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

-Weekend admission
-Paddock area pass

-or-

so you guys made it back safely....you left too early...I drove home & right into the storm that caused tornado warnings here around 3...all is good though...glad to meet you...maybe I'll have to make a run down south to one of the get togethers sometime
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #3340
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I don't recall this be referred to as a Camaro/Firebird gathering before. Is there more info about this somewhere? It almost seemed to be more of a GTO event with some other cars sprinkled in.
Its not just a GTO thing, the Camaro/Firebird stuff isnt posted but I have a flyer. NEOCC did a lot of leg work expanding it to F-Bodys too... we need to show our support! We will have a seperate area from the GTO group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'd love to go to MidOhio to drive that track for a little while, but one lap isn't enough and $400 for the track day is too much!
This is not the $400 thing... its $30 for a weekend pass. It is a day of watching some racing, hangning out at Mid-Ohio, going into the paddock... should be a good time. The $400 thing will be much more than one lap and an instructional thing. This is just a track day, mostly to watch the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
so you guys made it back safely....you left too early...I drove home & right into the storm that caused tornado warnings here around 3...all is good though...glad to meet you...maybe I'll have to make a run down south to one of the get togethers sometime
We're not home, just in North Jackson at my mom's. We put the car in the garage then took a LOOONG nap! It was really nice meeting you too Nate, I hope to catch up again. I come to town a few times a year. Next time we can cruise to the cruise in in Boardman!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #3341
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
I'm leaning toward doing the Maggie later this summer. I probably won't do the cam. It's just too much trouble for an automatic.
Not for the right shop.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #3342
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
Not for the right shop.
She really needs to see Shockey's car!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #3343
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Almost everyone I've talked to has said the a cam in an automatic is very tricky and not trivial to install. I've talked to guys who did cams in their automatics and it's been a nightmare for them. I'm not willing to take such a risk.

Also, doesn't putting in a cam and Maggie in an L99 nearly double the cost of the installation compared to a Maggie only? If I did both, I'd have to wait a lot longer to have the work done. I may just hold off until next summer anyway.
You really need to see Shockey's car. Its an L99 converted to an LS3. I am not aware of any issues with this car.... and it puts about 600 HP to the pavement... WITHOUT a supercharger... just sayin, maybe there are other shops you need to be talking to.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #3344
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Shockey is possibly bringing his car to Milford this friday. I can find out for sure then let you know. It may be worth the trip to see it... It is an amazing machine. Probably further then you want to go but it is VERY streetable. He has driven it to Indy and Gatlinburg with no issues... I know 1 RD JEWL was wanting to know where he got some of his engine dress up stuff.

His car is really stunning!

Oh and from what I understand it is trickey unless you convert it to the LS3... basically get rid of the VVT or whatever. I am not real sure but IIRC converting it makes it much easier... that would be somehting you'd have to talk to them about.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #3345
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

So far the weather for Friday looks stellar for the cruise in at Milford!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #3346
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
FML -> had to share.

Huge Hail last night. Couldnt get the car in the garage in time. tiny Paint chips URGH... seriously this camaro has been a PITA. Theres no paint chips on my other vehicles...

Anyone else have bad luck in the north cinci area? doesnt look like anyone else had hail?!?

pictures to come.
Here's pics.

Glad to see noone else had the same problems I did!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88037
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?