Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #183
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesz0003 View Post
I would like to see an option like the 69 zl1 where it is bare with no radio or anything that, just you and the car and that sweet engine and exhaust sound
In my opinion, that's what they should do with the Z28!

LS7, M6 only (I don't believe that I just said that ) and void of all unnecessary weight! Make it a KILLER street legal race car (kind of like the Z06 is, but be able to do delets onn the otions list, such as radio, etc).

It would be similar to the 1LE cars in the late 80's, early 90's, except MUCH more Potent! Just a thought!
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #184
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLONIAL SOUTH CHEVY View Post
There is no way that the GM car guys will let other aftermarket companies out do their version of the supercharged Camaro. This will be the car to buy,drive and keep! This is the the one that we have all been waiting for! I am very excited about this model as they want to keep the aftermarket guys in their rear view mirror!
I agree that this car will be an awesome one, but I know some of the aftermarket stuff is better than factory. Axles, brakes, and supercharger being just a few......but should be a great priced car unless the mark ups start up.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #185
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Man thank God in heaven they are making the ZL1 women friendly! HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! OK dont get toO mad lol just making jokes ladies, that was really more directed at males that want an automatic HAHAHAHAHA!

ROFL!

Last edited by Z28RockStar; 06-13-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #186
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The ZL1 will be a MONSTER out of the box. The engineers at GM are making it harder and harder for those of us in the automotive aftermarket, but not impossible

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #187
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Man thank God in heaven they are making the ZR1 women friendly! HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! OK dont get toO mad lol just making jokes ladies, that was really more directed at males that want an automatic HAHAHAHAHA!

ROFL!

How so? Automatics are prefered method of drag racers due to the fact that it is consistant for race times.

I have a M6 in my SS, yeah it's fun and I love it, but if I want to get better times and not be all over the place I'll buy an auto for the ZL-1.

Plus stop and go traffic on a manual sucks monkey butt.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #188
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking guess I was bored lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
How so? Automatics are prefered method of drag racers due to the fact that it is consistant for race times.

I have a M6 in my SS, yeah it's fun and I love it, but if I want to get better times and not be all over the place I'll buy an auto for the ZL-1.

Plus stop and go traffic on a manual sucks monkey butt.
Ehh just goofing off man, like Chevy vs Ford or 6 banger vs V8, the old argument of manual vs auto is just fun lol. Personally I don't take any of it too seriously in addition I just drive my car for the smiles per hour! I happen to love manuals. I don't seriously race nor do I intend to. I do think all those arguments are entertaining in some of the silly responses some people post. Anyways enjoy what ever you like! It's your car after all! I would agree I wouldn't want a manual if I daily drove in downtown San Fransisco for example lol, the hills + trafic are murder!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #189
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I agree with you 100%, buy what you like! That's why we have a lot of choices for the Camaro.

I bought mine as a M6 becuase I wanted to have a lower vehicle payment and I didn't want my wife to drive it. She would destroy my car if she tried to drive a manual.

But now that I have see what goes on with drag racing, I am leaning more twards the auto. I have driven my car in heavy stop and go traffice for a few hours, I didn't enjoy it to much. (Left leg was getting tired!)
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #190
changprice

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
that's awesome the ZL1 is getting better and better
Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #191
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Man thank God in heaven they are making the ZL1 women friendly! HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! OK dont get toO mad lol just making jokes ladies, that was really more directed at males that want an automatic HAHAHAHAHA!

ROFL!

First off congratz on your purchase of your camaro! I know your joking about the automatic versus the manual transmission debate and the wife
acceptance factor.

For me personally even though I'm married and all it's like hmm I'll be 57
when I buy this car. Do I want to row the gears when I'm in my sixties,
I mean it's been since the early 80's that I drove a stick. When my wife and I test drove an SS manual earlier in the year, I stalled out several
times and shifter gears from second to third was difficult. I read on the forums that the manual at times was having it's problems. Hopefully the ZL1 will be easier to shift, I mean after twenty to thirty
minutes of shifting I was getting use to it. But the shear power of the SS
and launching it from the get go after driving honda's for 20 years is like
OMG. I can just imagine what it's going to be like with the ZL1.

My brother who is five years younger then me is drving a 2005 mustang GT and made a comment which kinda surprised me. He said the
only thing I regret doing at the time I bought this car was not buying an
automatic instead of a manual. He said intially the manual was alot of fun,
but the thrill wore off pretty quickly with the kind of traffic we have around here, and using the clutch has become more work then fun.

As far as my wife she has no desire to drive this car, but is very grateful
that the passenger side seat will be adjustable with the 2012 models. When we test drove the SS thats the one thing she complained about
which was she could not see over the hood. So now that this has been taken care of, everything is good in the world, THANKYOU GM!
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #192
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Any insights on how much higher the HP would be? I mean 556 is greater than 550, but the comments make it seem like it would be higher than the 556 number.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #193
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Any insights on how much higher the HP would be? I mean 556 is greater than 550, but the comments make it seem like it would be higher than the 556 number.
No, he wouldn't elaborate on any specifics.... He just made is abundantly clear that the CTS-V was a starting point and it would be higher than that, and that they planned on destroying mustangs....lol I know the GT500 to come is supposed to be pretty healthy.... I mean, the CTS-V already beats the GT500 in performance on that platform..... and we are getting a lighter (hopefully) car than the CTS-V, better suspension, more downword force (which helps in handling, but hurts top end), better rims and rubber, etc.... I get so excited thinking about this..... I might be selling my truck.... anyone want a 2500HD crew cab that looks like brand new?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #194
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
I'm thinking 585 to possible 600, but just pure speculation on my part.
From the commenst they made recently at the Canada open house and
making referances that this will be a snake killer. Just have to wait and see, I mean thier still fine tuning this car and I have faith that the ZL1
will be worth the wait.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #195
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I have been following this site since the Gen5 camaro came out. I don't know why I never joined, but all this ZL1 talk I guess was my push over the edge. I am looking forward to this car's release. I hope to get one eventually as a gift to me when I finish college in about a year and a half. If I cannot afford one I may just buy an SS then. It won't be a DD, but my weekend toy. I plan on keeping my Malibu as my DD for the MPG's I am getting. The option of the automatic announced made me very happy because I drive mostly in traffic where a manual would be tiring.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #196
Rashed

Drives: Camaro black-LT\RS 2011
am very happy to hear that

we will wait for the price

waiting for the ZL1
Rashed is offline   Reply With Quote