Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Auto Designs - Vinyl Graphics in DFW area

I didn't want to high jack other peoples threads so I'm posting my own. I meant to do this a long time ago but kept forgetting to until I saw the recent post here.

Anyone looking to get good custom vinyl work done should look at using Auto Designs in Southlake (Hwy 114 @ Kimball). Mike is only a two man shop (him and a helper) but his work is outstanding and is usually cheaper than the other local vinyl company that gets mentioned often.

http://www.autodesignstexas.com/
I'll be honest, his website is lacking IMO and the first time I came across it I didn't want to use him because of it. However, since the other local shop turned me down when I asked him to do my stripes I had to look elsewhere. That's when I went back to Auto Design and I'm so glad I did.

Where the issue really comes into play is with the mail slot on the SS. Most people don't want to touch the car because of this (which is why I was turned down by the other shop). You have to really know what you're doing in order to get the stripes to lay down perfectly inside the mail slot.

No one had the stripes I wanted pre-cut so I took some pictures of other Camaros with a similar design. I then explained to Mike the differences I was wanting when I took the car in and he laid it out right in front of me with some tape. He even takes the vinyl and makes it go over the edges of the body parts where others usually stop right on the line of the body part. By wrapping them it makes it look more like it's painted than vinyl.

Auto Design is a little know secret but he is used by alot of the local dealerships. He is the only one that does all of Classic Chevrolets cars (which is how I found him in the first place). My painter that does all the work on my 1st Gen Camaros uses him exclusively for all their vinyl work as well. On top of that he is extremely well priced. I had my stripes custom designed and installed (extended to the front over the mailslot and over my rear spoiler), side gills, and visors done for $450 out the door. Mine have been done for about 1.5 yrs without any issues. His prices may have gone up some since then but you can see he's not overly priced for his type of work.

Now, what he doesn't do is all the little stuff. Example was the lettering on my engine cover. He didn't have that made and since I was going to be a one off it wasn't cost effective compared to going onto eBay and getting some already done. Same goes for like the little bowtie on my wheels. Small projects like that he isn't good for.

If you're in the market for stripes or custom vinyl you should check out Auto Designs.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
FANTASTIC work!

That White looks great by the way - really makes the red pop!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
FANTASTIC work!

That White looks great by the way - really makes the red pop!
Thanks!

I initially went with vinyl because I couldn't decided between White or Black stripes. Not only is vinyl cheaper but I could remove it easily if I wanted.

Now that I've had white stripes for a while it's definatley the color I like with VR. Not that black looks bad at all....but the Red/White is definatley the combo for me.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yeap looks great. I went vinyl for the same reason. Was going to paint them on when I got a new hood, but in 2 years that has not happened yet. Mortgage and house takes a lot of my play money :(.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
WOW , Really ?

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
WOW , Really ?
YES , Really ?
Build Journal