Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
LionHeartX
Big Boss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT w/ RS
A Camaro Injen Horror Story - Switched to CAI inc

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I am super excited about the fact that I just ordered my CAI intake and it is on its way! Will post before and after pics!! Got it from AutoAgenda, and the Cold Air Inductions rep on the forum was super helpful, friendly, and provided some of the best customer service I have had in a while. Highly recommend AutoAgenda and CAI, can't find a better combination of awesome deal and wonderful customer service!!

With that being said, it was an adventure to get here, moreso a NIGHTMARE dealing with Injen. Now I understand a lot of people on here have Injen products, that is great and I am happy you have had / are having a wonderful experience with Injen, I am just speaking from my personal experience on why I will never order from Injen or recommend someone else to:

1) Injen sent me a their long tube CAI with the MAF sensor bung welded on backwards. YES BACKWARDS. This was discovered after 2 failed installations, almost crashing/destroying my car, and multiple discussions
2) Injen refused to compensate me / show a shred of accountability for the inconvenience they put me through
3) Injen was "willing" to send me another replacement pipe (ya think, you sent me a defective one in the first place!)
4) Injen rep lied about when he shipped my replacement pipe, 2 days after he said he shipped it, it still hadn't
5) I was not/will not be refunded my initial shipping cost, so basically I paid them to ship me a defective product, just cause I have money like that (NOT)
6) I cancelled my order due to frustration and lies. Injen wants to inspect my product before refund ::eye roll::, after coercion, they agree to pay for my shipping back, otherwise they were going to make me pay to ship their defective product back (cmon guys, really.....)
7) It took Injen 4 days just to get me a shipping label, so I can mail their replacement part back to them
8)Who knows what awaits me next...waiting to ship it and get my "inspection" done and FINALLY get my refund

Please Injen lovers don't bash me, again this is just my experience I just wanted to share. I understand mistakes happen, but Injen's handling of the situation was what really did them in for me, it was clear they have no sense of urgency or accountability over there, we are just walking wallets and they are not concerned about losing customers. Not principles I want in a company I trust with my car. I filed a BBB complaint as well.

ANYWAY....make sure you check out my before and after pics and def look into AutoAgenda and CAI inc., both HIGHLY recommended!

Yes, it is backwards...
Name:  IMAG0874.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  107.4 KB
LionHeartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Sorry to see your frustrations about your injen but I can attest to loving the cai inc intake it's an all around great intake
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. No bashing by me. I think CAI makes a good product too. Hope everything gets worked out.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
When I was N/A I ran the Injen intake and it was great. However welding in the MAF housing backwards and then the customer service issues you had is unacceptable. Sorry to hear the troubles you had.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
This is not the first time I have seen issues with the MAF sensor bungs on Injen intakes. The CAI Inc is a great system and you will be very happy with it.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
LionHeartX
Big Boss

Thanks everyone for the support and for your comments! I will keep ya posted when the CAI intake comes in! Looks like it is highly recommended by everyone on here and can't wait to see what it can do!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Appreciate the support! Sorry about the awful experience with InJen. Frankly we don't trust InJen on American vehicles, they do not address the issue of heat soak. CAI is designed especially with thermal coating and it shows. CAI has the best HP gains and Zero IATs (temp) increase. If you have a 10 degree temperate increase after one dyno, imagine after an hour of driving.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...ZNVI5aVE&hl=en
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
So did you get the new CAI yet?
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
That's very unfortunate, to much of a run around. Injen is an amazing parts supplier am surprised to read something like this. Cai is an excellent choice. Enjoy.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
You got the better end of the deal. I'd do CAI if I was starting over right now.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
danl

Drives: 2013 JSB Camaro 2ss
sad story.
Companies can live, or die on bad press.....poor CS on their part is not a good sign, but I hope it was just one person, and not a reflection on the entire company as a whole.
As consumers who spend lots of money, they need to understand a company can disappear in this kind of economy.....sorry for your bad experience, and the CIA wont let you down!
danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #12
LionHeartX
Big Boss

Got the CAI Intake!!

Hi All, again thanks for the comments and the support!

I agree with you all, I was very surprised that Injen handled this situation so unprofessionally and I can't believe they can operate that way and still stay in business. Glad I can at least share my experience with everyone. I still haven't gotten my refund although I shipped their defective piece last week, it is almost as if they are hoping I will forget about it so they can keep my money....

Regardless, it was a blessing in disguise because I received my CAI intake on Tuesday! Thanks AutoAgenda for a fast shipment, got it in 4 days!!

Installed on Tuesday! I am no pro-mechanic by any means, but I didn't want to waste money at a dealer or shop so I did it myself. SUPER EASY installation!! Instructions were clear, easy to understand, and I was surprised at how smoothly everything went. it was obvious CAI inc did a ton of research, testing, and designed the product well...it is clear it was made for the Camaro because everything fit well.

Installation took about 30-40 mins tops with all tools handy. I was amazed at how simple it was and that everything really fell into place. Started it up (and I admit I was a little scared after the horrible sounds/reaction of the Injen intake) and it worked perfectly and sounded AMAZING!! I did get one error asking me to open and close Passenger window, but that went away and was not a real problem at all. Nice deep growl, sounds great during acceleration, AWESOME mid range sound, and I can definitely notice a better pick up. Took the lady friend for a test drive and even she was like "Wow, it sounds like a beast" haha

All in all, VERY HAPPY with the product, design, performance, and end to end process with AutoAgenda and CAI inc. Thanks everyone for all the support, customer service, and your comments. Enjoy the pics!!
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Glad to hear that you are happy man, thanks!!

As a side note, judging from the photo you may be able to move the rubber seal that wraps around the front contour of the engine bay down more, maybe about 2" so that it is not traveling as far up the drivers side. I think this will allow you to move the box/lid into position just a little better and eliminate that small gap that is showing. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeartX View Post
Hi All, again thanks for the comments and the support!

I agree with you all, I was very surprised that Injen handled this situation so unprofessionally and I can't believe they can operate that way and still stay in business. Glad I can at least share my experience with everyone. I still haven't gotten my refund although I shipped their defective piece last week, it is almost as if they are hoping I will forget about it so they can keep my money....

Regardless, it was a blessing in disguise because I received my CAI intake on Tuesday! Thanks AutoAgenda for a fast shipment, got it in 4 days!!

Installed on Tuesday! I am no pro-mechanic by any means, but I didn't want to waste money at a dealer or shop so I did it myself. SUPER EASY installation!! Instructions were clear, easy to understand, and I was surprised at how smoothly everything went. it was obvious CAI inc did a ton of research, testing, and designed the product well...it is clear it was made for the Camaro because everything fit well.

Installation took about 30-40 mins tops with all tools handy. I was amazed at how simple it was and that everything really fell into place. Started it up (and I admit I was a little scared after the horrible sounds/reaction of the Injen intake) and it worked perfectly and sounded AMAZING!! I did get one error asking me to open and close Passenger window, but that went away and was not a real problem at all. Nice deep growl, sounds great during acceleration, AWESOME mid range sound, and I can definitely notice a better pick up. Took the lady friend for a test drive and even she was like "Wow, it sounds like a beast" haha

All in all, VERY HAPPY with the product, design, performance, and end to end process with AutoAgenda and CAI inc. Thanks everyone for all the support, customer service, and your comments. Enjoy the pics!!
We appreciate your support! Glad to hear it all came together. We can't say enough good things about CAI. Performance, fit, finish, and of course customer service is second to none. We have a number of customers on their 2nd or even 3rd intake just to finally come to Cold Air Inductions. If its worth doing, its worth doing right!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autoagenda.com, cai inc intake, injen, v6 camaro