Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Question Anyone updated their orders yet?

So has anyone been able to successfully update their orders yet?? Changing colors, adding options, or dealer accessories???

If you have been able to change your previous order, were they able to change it in the system, or did they have to cancel your first order and resubmit???

I am still waiting to hear from the first person who was able to add the polished wheel option to their RS package....successfully...

But if you were able to change ANYTHING, post up here on how the process went for you....
Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I read earlier that someone actually got the polished wheels in the RS option. What I haven't heard is it an extra cost to do so.

I updated from a 1ss to a 2ss when I couldn't get the leather in the 1ss.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

The extra cost should be $470 correct??

I 'think' I read that post as well, but it just didn't seem right or something???

When you updated from the 1SS to the 2SS....did you have to cancel? Or were they just able to update it, and print you out a refreshed copy w/ the same order conf. #?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
yes i have added to my order four or five times now. each time i get a new print out of the order. it may help that the gm is my best friend. but no problems.
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Good to hear.....I will be going by to do this in the next couple of weeks...just want to make sure all their systems are updated.

Anyone added the polished wheels w/ the RS package yet?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
I am waiting til the third or fourth week of November. Each time you change your order, you get a new order number...and unless your best friend is the GM the sales guy may get upset.

I PM'd fbodfather about the new order number and if that affected your "place in line" regarding when you will be put into production and he said that unless you change from one model (SS to LT) to another, the changes and new order number will not affect "your place in line".

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
I am waiting til the third or fourth week of November. Each time you change your order, you get a new order number...and unless your best friend is the GM the sales guy may get upset.

I PM'd fbodfather about the new order number and if that affected your "place in line" regarding when you will be put into production and he said that unless you change from one model (SS to LT) to another, the changes and new order number will not affect "your place in line".
Yep, this is what I was thinking...maybe a day or so after Thanksgiving, go by the dealer and work it out from there, making any changes....if I can make myself wait that long. Dang, so it does change the original order number....I am glad to hear it won't affect the "place in line" though....
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I have added a few accessories such as the ground effects and all performance options and it hasn't bumped me in line - I actually went from 24th to 20th because others had changed the trim model. I just checked with my dealer yesterday and he still couldn't change the polished wheel option in on the RS package yet.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
i have my dealer in my email contacts so when i heard they were offering blue on the ss i sent him an email to change color and stripes. He sent an email back that day saying 'no problem!'. Still waiting for canadian prices thou...
Old 11-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #10
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Thought I would post up my results

I went in and successfully changed my order, adding 4 more options!

I recevied a new print out, and everything is fine!

They still think I am a little 'nutty' about the polished wheels for the RS package....but I told them when I come back mid-late Nov. they should be seeing it on their comps...

Keep posting up your experiences if you have changed your orders
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I have, a couple times.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #12
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
I consider myself lucky....Father in law owns severals GM dealerships and my Brother in law is the new car manager. I get allocation #1 but had to agree to let it set on the showroom floor for a month to drive sales....it's going to be the most painful 30 days of my life!

I'm still up in the air on a couple things, especially color and stripes, but am ordering this as a collectible:

2SS/RS, hurst, ground-effects, shorty headers, cat-backs, cai, engine cover

Told him I wanted it locked up to keep from getting other people's ass sweat on the leather!

For any of the members here in Missouri, I'm sure they would make you one heck of a deal. I've never seen them "price-gouge" anyone before and pretty sure they wouldn't now either. They have existed based on repeat business and word of mouth for 35 years now.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Unhappy

Took the RS pack and sunroof off my order over phone. said consider done,but did not get a new # geuss Ill go down Sat. and explain!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post

What about going from a 1SS to a 2SS?
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote