Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Saw all of the production colors

So the wife and I went out to a few Chevy dealerships Easter Sunday when they were all closed and we could walk the whole lot at our leisure. We literally found every color that will be available on the Camaro on other GM vehicles. It was a beautiful sunny day out so we could really see the paint colors well. This is only MY summary of what we saw.....

Silver Ice Metallic= This looked good, but just a little plain for my tastes. Looked like every other silver I've seen on a car. Not very flashy, but very "mechanical" looking. Think back to Will Smith's movie "I, Robot" and this color would bode well in that movie.

Red Jewel Tintcoat= This color was a mixed bag. In the direct sunlight it was amazing as you could see the metallic flakes. However, in the shade the paint took on a dark maroon look that made it appear to be something I wouldn't find on a muscle car. If my father owned a Camaro, I could see him in this color.

Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black. For me this is much more of a dark navy blue. A little disappointed in this color to be honest.

Black= What can I say about black that hasn't been said a million times. When it's clean, it's gourgeous. When it's not, it's not. Black also hides the lines of the car and eliminates the separate look of the front black grilles. For some, this will be a plus.

Aqua Blue Metallic= This color is quite nice. A really nice blue both in the shade and direct sunlight, where it really shines (no pun intended). This is THE blue to get, if you want a blue Camaro. Again, IMHO only.

Cyber Gray Metallic= This color had me the most curious to see in person. And once I did, I just didn't get what all the fuss is about. It simply looks like a dull gray, and the blue flake is barely noticeable. Up close I could see the blue flakes, but it did nothing for the overall look of the gray. This color disappointed me the most. Likely because the hype and anticipation was so big for it. I wanted to like it, but sadly I didn't.

Victory Red= Let me start off by saying that I have a show truck that is Flame Red. So I'm a little bias here. But this color is amazing. A beautiful hot rod red that will stop traffic, and catch the eye of every law enforcement officer within sight. When I place my order for a new Camaro, this will in all likelihood be the color I pick, or at the least is the one I come back to the most.

Rally Yellow= I sometimes find myself envious of those who can own a bright yellow car. I myself cannot. With that said, if you want to garner attention Rally Yellow is the color for you. It almost stings the eyes in the sunlight, and even in the shade you would think that this color is being ran off the car's battery. I realize that "Bumblebee" is a different yellow, but I can't imagine anyone really caring once they see RY in person.

Inferno Orange Metallic= This was one of the least disappointing colors and the biggest surprise. Unlike some pics I've seen on this forum where the IOM looks very close to VR, this is not the case at all. I can only chalk this up to different cameras and their ability or inability to capture reds accurately. At any rate, this is a cool color. It may be "the" muscle car color for those wanting as much retro flare as possible. While not as "hemi" orange as the Challenger, it almost feels period perfect for the new F body. Provided this color doesn't end up being a "fad", I'm sure we will see a lot of IOM Camaros.

Well that's about it. Some I like, some not so much. In the end, this was the best way for me to see the colors in something larger than a paint chip. I would encourage anyone on the fence about exterior colors to go find the color(s) and see them in person first.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I must say I love the IOM color. It is not to orange, and it has a darker tinted look to it. It has depth you cannot get in the hugger orange, and with tinted windows it will have an evil look to it.

IOM all the way!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Very nice write up; for those of us unable to see all the various colors, thanks.

I'm of the IOM persuasion and cannot wait to see a Camaro in this color in person (preferably from behind the wheel).
Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
where did you see all this. Any Pictures ?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black.
Sweet!! That's exactly why I'm getting it instead of the Happy Blue.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
So the wife and I went out to a few Chevy dealerships Easter Sunday when they were all closed and we could walk the whole lot at our leisure. We literally found every color that will be available on the Camaro on other GM vehicles. It was a beautiful sunny day out so we could really see the paint colors well. This is only MY summary of what we saw.....

Silver Ice Metallic= This looked good, but just a little plain for my tastes. Looked like every other silver I've seen on a car. Not very flashy, but very "mechanical" looking. Think back to Will Smith's movie "I, Robot" and this color would bode well in that movie.

Red Jewel Tintcoat= This color was a mixed bag. In the direct sunlight it was amazing as you could see the metallic flakes. However, in the shade the paint took on a dark maroon look that made it appear to be something I wouldn't find on a muscle car. If my father owned a Camaro, I could see him in this color.

Imperial Blue Metallic= This color was MUCH darker in person than I had imagined. I can only imagine at dusk and night this car will literally look black. For me this is much more of a dark navy blue. A little disappointed in this color to be honest.

Black= What can I say about black that hasn't been said a million times. When it's clean, it's gourgeous. When it's not, it's not. Black also hides the lines of the car and eliminates the separate look of the front black grilles. For some, this will be a plus.

Aqua Blue Metallic= This color is quite nice. A really nice blue both in the shade and direct sunlight, where it really shines (no pun intended). This is THE blue to get, if you want a blue Camaro. Again, IMHO only.

Cyber Gray Metallic= This color had me the most curious to see in person. And once I did, I just didn't get what all the fuss is about. It simply looks like a dull gray, and the blue flake is barely noticeable. Up close I could see the blue flakes, but it did nothing for the overall look of the gray. This color disappointed me the most. Likely because the hype and anticipation was so big for it. I wanted to like it, but sadly I didn't.

Victory Red= Let me start off by saying that I have a show truck that is Flame Red. So I'm a little bias here. But this color is amazing. A beautiful hot rod red that will stop traffic, and catch the eye of every law enforcement officer within sight. When I place my order for a new Camaro, this will in all likelihood be the color I pick, or at the least is the one I come back to the most.

Rally Yellow= I sometimes find myself envious of those who can own a bright yellow car. I myself cannot. With that said, if you want to garner attention Rally Yellow is the color for you. It almost stings the eyes in the sunlight, and even in the shade you would think that this color is being ran off the car's battery. I realize that "Bumblebee" is a different yellow, but I can't imagine anyone really caring once they see RY in person.

Inferno Orange Metallic= This was one of the least disappointing colors and the biggest surprise. Unlike some pics I've seen on this forum where the IOM looks very close to VR, this is not the case at all. I can only chalk this up to different cameras and their ability or inability to capture reds accurately. At any rate, this is a cool color. It may be "the" muscle car color for those wanting as much retro flare as possible. While not as "hemi" orange as the Challenger, it almost feels period perfect for the new F body. Provided this color doesn't end up being a "fad", I'm sure we will see a lot of IOM Camaros.

Well that's about it. Some I like, some not so much. In the end, this was the best way for me to see the colors in something larger than a paint chip. I would encourage anyone on the fence about exterior colors to go find the color(s) and see them in person first.
I think I agree with 95% of your review, nicely done!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
where did you see all this. Any Pictures ?
At three different Chevrolet dealerships in my local area. None of these were on Camaros. They were all Chevrolet cars that had the same paint colors as the production Camaros.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
what car did you see CGM on?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
summit white???

jk everyone knows what it looks like, its just white lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
We are hyped about CGM because we have not seen it yet. That is all.

TaylorRyan74 I like your sig pic. Good choice Assuming that is our future plans...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
So all of the Camaros colors are the exact same ones on other GM cars? All of them?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Yep.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
I don't think you saw CGM on the Corvette...or you didn't take a close enough look...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
I don't think you saw CGM on the Corvette...or you didn't take a close enough look...
Yeah, CGM on the corvette looks totally different. If yo looked at it on the traverse then it looks horrible. You need to see it on a vette if you can...