Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #253
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
If I thought I had a chance to be that guy to get an allocation to get a Z/28 I'd have been all over dealerships like I did back when the ZL1 came out. Having gone through that experience for the first time, and believing what I do now about timelines and build constraints, and allocations,...I will stand pat. BUT......I want the Z/28....good golly miss Molly I do so.......
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM   #254
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
Ohh your correct GM and Chevy 2 totally different companies with no relationship at all. On my last brand new Chevy a '91 Corvette it had this strange GM symbol stamped on it. Strange isn't it????

Here's my last GM car. It's called a 1991 Chevy Corvette. Bought brand new from Malcom Conner Chevrolet in Paramus, New Jersey which is now out of business. Gee I wounder why???

It's out of business because they(not just GM) failed to satisfy customers. You haven't bought any GM vehicles in a long time because of your negative experiences. Well, they build cars a lot better today, and with them selling 90,000+ Camaro's a year, they are doing something right. Got a lot of happy owners here. Maybe you should spend more time lurking and get a feel of how good this car is and what GM is doing. They aren't perfect, and you're going to get a small percentage of people who have had bad or horrible experiences, but a LARGE majority have been great. I've been here since 2009 and I am member 16773, now it is over 75,000. That is a testament to how good this car is. If you like the car, go out, rent one, test drive one, whatever, then make your judgement. Don't be scared

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #255
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I'm sorry you think I'm a troll. I've owned close to 20 brand new GM cars some 20 years ago. I gave up buying new GM a long time ago. Got sick of the cars falling apart on me and then fighting the asshat Chevy dealers in the service dept if ya know what I mean???

The new Z28 is pure stupidity on GM's part. They should have priced it between the SS and the ZL1 and not make it a weekend track car that is stripped of AC, a radio, navigation, and a fat price to boot. It should have followed in the Vettes foot steps i.e. standard Vette, ZO6, and the all out ZR1. That would have made more sense and I am NOT THE ONLY one in this joint who thinks this.
I think you're wrong, you don't want a Z/28, you want a Z28 - just a badge on the car to slap on and brag to others "Hey, I got a Z". GM IS doing the right thing with this car and if you can't understand that, then you don't get it. You sound like you're from that era, and you would understand it, but I guess not...that's a shame. Like a lot of people will tell you, you've got more choices for a Camaro than ever before, yet people will complain, nature of the beast, right?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #256
Reefblue42

Drives: '20 ZL1/'97 SS LT4
I will say $67,999 (that's with gas guzzler). This is my next purchase. Got to have one.
Reefblue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #257
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Having just bought a 1LE, i found the 3500.00 for all that comes with the RPO an incredible value. For the last few months people were talking about how much it would cost to "upgrade' their SS's to 1LE spec- it was well over 10k for all the components. Now that the Z is out, folks are doing the math on the parts for that- it's about triple that amount. Point is the computations are being factored on a retail level, as if you were going in to the local chevy parts dept and ordering them "a la carte"

GM's cost on all the components are probably well under 50% of retail. They can't afford to price the car out of reach for all but the elite, there are lot's of choices out there and 70k camaros with limited creature comforts will turn a % of buyers off on principal alone.

I am going with slightly higher price point than ZL1,say 57k- that doesn't include "got to be the first kid on the block with one" silly mark up.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #258
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
It is You're, as in you are correct.

And it all makes sense now. You owned a 91 Vette, I would be pissed too!
Ohh yes you know what I am talking about sir. I also bought a brand new 1990 Chevy 1500 pick up that wasn't much fun either. Not to mention dealing with the dealership when Chevy's fell apart. The new generation of kids on here don't know or remember those dark days.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #259
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think you're wrong, you don't want a Z/28, you want a Z28 - just a badge on the car to slap on and brag to others "Hey, I got a Z". GM IS doing the right thing with this car and if you can't understand that, then you don't get it. You sound like you're from that era, and you would understand it, but I guess not...that's a shame. Like a lot of people will tell you, you've got more choices for a Camaro than ever before, yet people will complain, nature of the beast, right?
Lets see what GM prices this Z28 at. I still think an overpriced stripped Camaro with no AC isn't going to fair well for most. I now live in the south west. Try driving in July/August when it's 115F withOUT AC and then come back and report to me how your Z28 feels.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #260
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
You're a very sad person. Glass half empty so to speak. BTW it does come with AC if you want it. I would.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #261
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Lets see what GM prices this Z28 at. I still think an overpriced stripped Camaro with no AC isn't going to fair well for most. I now live in the south west. Try driving in July/August when it's 115F withOUT AC and then come back and report to me how your Z28 feels.
You do know that AC is optional, right? For those buying a Z/28 that want to save weight and don't live in a scorched wasteland (desert), Its a cool option.

Never understood running performance cars in crazy high temps... They don't really perform as intended when you can fry an egg on the pavement.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #262
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Like previously stated, the A/C is an option. And as far as being overpriced, go buy an LS7 with the dry sump (crate LS7s dont have dry sump BTW) and a set of 6 piston carbon ceramic brakes and see what it runs you. If this car is under 70k, and I can get it for that price, my GT is going the way of the Dodo and I will never look back. The car will be incredible no matter how you look at it. If you don't like it, don't buy one. There are plenty of older Z/28s running around you can find.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #263
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
So for those that want a Z28 and not a Z/28 means we want it just because of a badge and to say hey look at me? Your wrong. For me, all I know of is a Z28. That's the era I was born in. If GM can make it so a Z28 and a Z/28 can coexist I'm all for it. Dodge has a similar thing with there Dodge R/T (luxury with the Hemi) and Dodge R/T (road and track package with the Hemi). I choose to get the Dodge R/T with the luxury and engine as I didn't feel the need for the track package when I have a Camaro.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #264
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
What would this Z28 be?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #265
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
I'm gonna say 'bout tree fiddy.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #266
spencer489

Drives: 2013 Pre-Production SW Camaro 1le
they have already said it will be above the zl1 and most striped out cars cost more like the gt3 rs
spencer489 is offline   Reply With Quote