Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #15
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
trim clips from any auto parts store

Typing fat fingered on my GS3...excuse any sfelling mitcakes
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #16
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...gory&path=1_11

bumperplugs.com can fix you up if you need in future. What you did looks fine.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Glad Lowes had them. Now on to bigger and better things. I hope you don't get pulled over for no front license plate.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
mdolandese

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Victory Red Vert
I'd replace whatever I had to. I'm to OCD and couldn't live with plugs no matter what the cost. Thank God my ZL1 didn't have a bracket on it with drilled holes, but to most it doesn't bother them and I know a lot of $$$$ to replace. At least I'd be able to sleep at night. Just my 2 cents
mdolandese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #19
Vertwheal

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS/RS/1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdolandese View Post
I'd replace whatever I had to. I'm to OCD and couldn't live with plugs no matter what the cost. Thank God my ZL1 didn't have a bracket on it with drilled holes, but to most it doesn't bother them and I know a lot of $$$$ to replace. At least I'd be able to sleep at night. Just my 2 cents
This is just a stop gap, im going to get an upper and lower grill to replace the cheapy plastic stock ones.
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno
Vertwheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I would replace it with another oem lower grill. Front plate brackets look retarded on anything except a truck.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #21
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
I hope you don't get pulled over for no front license plate
I have put 10k Ca miles with no problem, even with my vanity plates "CPSLVME"
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #22
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
(I hope I'm not hijacking your thread)

I have the same issue (I even posted about it once) and found the part (the black part only)

Got the part, took off the ENTIRE front bumper assembly only to find that the black part is glued in!!

So I tabled it and am trying to figure out how to unglue it then reglue it. If possible.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #23
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Heat gun.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #24
camarocruzer

I never thought of that.....! What kind of glue is used so I can redo it properly?

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #25
macman2212
Alex

Drives: 2011 2SS
I'd use black silicone. Since my car is black
If my state would let me.

Fun fact, the guy who owned the car before me was a cop. He never had the front plate frame on.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #26
camarocruzer

I have a cop next door to me, I had never any intention of putting the front plate on. I asked him if he'd stop me for that and he said absolutely not. In fact only if he was being a d!ck would he even mention it to me if pulled over for anything else.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
camarocruzer

But I am definitely interested now in light of the heat gun suggestion. I just don't want to burn the fascia or otherwise deform it with the heat. I know; easy does it but still I'm nervous.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #28
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocruzer View Post
I have a cop next door to me, I had never any intention of putting the front plate on. I asked him if he'd stop me for that and he said absolutely not. In fact only if he was being a d!ck would he even mention it to me if pulled over for anything else.
a lot of a$$ oles in NJ..........
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote