Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Im No longer Green with Envy!!

Hey guys, on May 28th, 2013 I bought a 2010 Synergy Edition Camaro and I LOVE IT!!!. Since the new camaros came out I have dreamt about owning one and especially the synergy green ones. I used to break my neck and drool a little every time i would pass one on the road. (where the title comes from since i was Envious of anyone that owned one) So when I went to trade in my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer now that my credit is better and i could lose the 24% interest rate that i had on the Trailblazer... I knew i had to look at getting a Camaro. I went to my local dealerships website and sure enough they had a 2010 Synergy Edition sitting on there lot with average miles on it (39.5k) and i had to have it. Everything checked out on it except the original tires were worn out and the car had some dents, and the driver side door panel was scratched up from a dog that the previous owner used to drive with all the time (Damn Dogs) .. so I had them throw in tires for free and get the Dents out for free so im happy with the deal that I got. I dont plan on doing much modifying to this car. Im gonna basically leave it stock since it is a Special Edition.

Here is a list of the Mods i want to do at the moment
- Blacked out Badges = Done (6-10-13)
- Window Tint = Done (6-13-13)
- Side Gill Inserts = Done (6-17-13)
- Synergy Edition Dash Plaque =Done (6-20-13)
- Custom Made Synergy Badges for Fenders
- Lighted or Stainless Door Sills
- Paint/Vinyl Engine Bay cover dress up
- Synergy Green underhood panel bow tie
- Cup Holder Bezel
- Radio & AC control knobs (Chrome)
- Stitch Synergy in Headrests in Camaro Font
- Chrome Kick panel for door panels
- Intake and Exhaust
Those are the mods im sure i want to do. I would like to get the car up to 400hp... but that will be a long time down the road probably.

Well thats enough talk lets get on with the pictures

Here is a couple pics from the day after i bought it

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
One day after work it was really nice out and I had my camera with me so i decided to take some pics infront of my work
[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I have always wanted to have a scale version of my car back when i had a 93 Honda Del Sol that i took to car shows and i could never find a lil hot wheels of my car. Now that i have a real Sports car i thought i would look for one. I went to the local walmart and i found a hot wheels camaro in my color but its not my exact car it is a model from the Hot Wheels Green camaro they had at sema... but for now it will do. I found one on Ebay that looks like my car even though its an SS that im gonna get. Well i thought it would be cool to take a pic of my little car with my real car in the background... didnt turn out the best but its pretty cool
[IMG][/IMG]

And this is where I keep my hot wheels.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last week i got home from work and put it in the garage for about a week and a half now getting it completely detailed, Waxed, Buffed, Polished you name it , Me and my dad did to this car. Clay Barred it, Polished it (Wheels included) , Applied 3 coats of Wax, Buffed it off, Used Vinyl Leather Rubber dressing on all the black plastic/rubber on the outside of the car. Polished the exhaust pipes, Cleaned the interior, Used the same Vinyl leather rubber dressing on all the interior plastic pieces. Used a leather only cleaner to clean the Leather inserts on the car (Car smells like leather now and i love it). Vacuumed the carpets and scrubbed the floor mats, then used the Vinyl leather and rubber cleaner on all the plastic under the hood and wiped down anything i could reach under the hood. The car looks better then brand new now.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Once i got done detailing the car and it was sitting in the garage me and my dad got talking and i was telling him how i wanted to black out the badges. So to see how it was gonna look my dad took 3 inch wide electrical tape and blacked out my badges for me (and it looked really good and i thought about just keeping it like that ) but i decided to call up Xtreme Graphix in milford, DE and got a piece of gloss black vinyl 3" x 30" (enough to do both emblems twice) and it pretty much looks awesome.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

and today i went to get the new tires put on and my windows tinted. Makes the car look way better
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I hope everyone has enjoyed checking out my car.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread

Last edited by DKSynergy; 06-23-2013 at 12:03 AM.
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Very nice group of mods your want to do.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
family man

Drives: .
Congratulations and welcome!
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
congrats and welcome!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Hey guys got my second to last mod on the exterior of the car today. I got my gill inserts on today and i am surprised how 6 pieces of small vinyl can make the car look so much better. Now i am just waiting on getting a custom Synergy badge made for the fenders and the exterior of the car will be complete (unless i get a set of RS 20" wheels for it but that will be a while if at all)

So here we go here is a couple pics of it all
[IMG][/IMG]

and here is one of the pics that i took when i went out driving today
[IMG][/IMG]

What do you guys think??

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote