Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #183
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
To add to that, I can understand why a concept camaro that costs 2 million isn't going to be identical to a 25k production car, but why does the same thing happen to high end cars where the more expensive it is, the more people want it. Even these get watered down.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #184
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
To add to that, I can understand why a concept camaro that costs 2 million isn't going to be identical to a 25k production car, but why does the same thing happen to high end cars where the more expensive it is, the more people want it. Even these get watered down.
I don't know the first thing about building a production car. But I can image there is a multitude of lessons learned that the GM Camaro5 team have with all their years of experience building cars.

For example the gas cap. Pretty much all of us agree the cool factor of it being where it is on the concept is well worth it. But maybe GM has learned that even though the purists think is cool the majority of potential owners will just complain about how hard it is to keep dripping gas off the body. Just a scenario. I can imagine plenty of people won't get the coolness of a trick gas cap and just think it is a dumb place to put it because they are lazy and won't be careful with the nozzle.

I have a hard time believing these guys don't put a serious amount of deliberation in the smallest detail of a production car. If it isn't based on lessons learned from the past, I'm sure it is based on keeping cost down.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #185
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
Or this...
Are we sure that since that view is more from the back of the vehicle, it could just be the way we're looking at the vents? The metal, or whatever material, could be raised so from the front it appears like the actual "holes" have been cut out but from the side and back, as in this picture, you don't see the "holes", but rather the "ridges" from the vents.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #186
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Ugh. You don't have to be an enthusiast to know how to pump gas without spilling it. I hate how everything has to be dumbed down so that the idiots of the world can feel good about themselves.

As far as the vents, if they aren't functional (either for aerodynamic or cooling reasons) then I don't want anything there at all. But of course, I really hope they are there and serve some function.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #187
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Vents or not, I hope they dont have them where the car is one color and the vents are painted black to give a facade of them being cut out! Either cut them out or dont. I prefer them to be cut out myself also.

Last edited by daddyseth1; 01-07-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: typo
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #188
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Camaro10, of course I want my 5th Gen as close to the concept as possible. What you see in the spy shot is not that great of a picture. We can't see a lot. And, there is yet to be a single pic of the air vents that actually shows whether or not the prototype has cut out vents.

As for the headlights, I recently heard that the Feds are going to eventually ban all of the regular old headlights...something about the environment...I dunno. But, that all headlights were to go to LED or something...a higher power light that is more environmental friendly. If this is so, I can PROMISE you, you won't see standard lights up there.

stovt, completely agree on the gas thing. If you have the ability to pump gas (the know how to pick up the pump, sipe a card, flip a switch, etc,), then you sure as heck should know how to keep gas from dripping on the paint. GM should take a step back... Realize that GM probably will get complaints from people years down the road that consumers will have problems w/ their paint peeling or something around the gas cap. People will bring their Camaro's back into the dealers service place complaining... And, this is where I would say...you don't know how to pump gas, do you... Tell'em to take a hike. And care more about your car.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #189
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Are we sure that since that view is more from the back of the vehicle, it could just be the way we're looking at the vents? The metal, or whatever material, could be raised so from the front it appears like the actual "holes" have been cutht out but from the side and back, as in this picture, you don't see the "holes", but rather the "ridges" from the vents.
I've thought about that a few times, just never when I've been near my computer. The angles that we have seen may not allow us to see cut out vents. They go "back" not "in" so a side shot won't show anything
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #190
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Looking at the camo pics i don't see the fuel door on the passenger side either. I am wondering if they just haven't added the fuel door to these pre-production cars and just have a small fuel cell mounted inside the trunk. Remember the sign in the interior shots says that it contains less than 5 liters of fuel. Remember these aren't production versions yet. We might not be seing it because it isn't there at all.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #191
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I just don't need to use those skills. I'm not losing them

It would be cleaner w/o them...yes. But I think it's sharper with them on. take a look. even on the prototype - they've got little facets that lead right into them from the surface of the fender.....very sharp.
I see your point... but i think I prefer the clean look over the sharp... nevertheless this whole back-up lamps thing has gotten pretty outta proportion on the net eh..... bashing over such a small thing..... like I mean I know I dont really like em..... but the lengths people will go to express there dislike for a small thing, wow, lol.... those autoblogs and stuff.... people filled em with junk ass comments!

In then end I don't really give two toot's about them really.... its the overall things your looking at needs to be right....

its like a hot girl..... she may have beautiful eyes(green to be exact for me), she may be tall and have long legs, nice flowing hair, the nicest rear end, etc... and then just because she has some weird looking toe-fingers.... you wouldn't have sex with her! Bullshit...... same goes for the Camaro.... like cummon guys..... for the minimal amount of money your gunna fork out comapred to rest of the car market your really gunna complain out back-up lamps, lol........

I guess im just ranting cuz after posting about the lamps i saw all the comments on the blogs... i felt guilty of being a whiner and i was like why all the hate man.... show some love people. On that note..... why is there no love for the Mustang on the forums here man, (oh boy i might get trashed for this oneon here, lol)..... I will agree and say the challenger really went to shit with there apparent "new car"..... but I think Mustang actually isn't that bad of a car.... although yes its much more retro, I think Ford did put a decent amount of thought into there car resulting in a decent car...... am I the only one that thinks that, lol (i assume im gunna get alotta yes's).

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #192
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I see your point... but i think I prefer the clean look over the sharp... nevertheless this whole back-up lamps thing has gotten pretty outta proportion on the net eh..... bashing over such a small thing..... like I mean I know I dont really like em..... but the lengths people will go to express there dislike for a small thing, wow, lol.... those autoblogs and stuff.... people filled em with junk ass comments!

In then end I don't really give two toot's about them really.... its the overall things your looking at needs to be right....

its like a hot girl..... she may have beautiful eyes(green to be exact for me), she may be tall and have long legs, nice flowing hair, the nicest rear end, etc... and then just because she has some weird looking toe-fingers.... you wouldn't have sex with her! Bullshit...... same goes for the Camaro.... like cummon guys..... for the minimal amount of money your gunna fork out comapred to rest of the car market your really gunna complain out back-up lamps, lol........

I guess im just ranting cuz after posting about the lamps i saw all the comments on the blogs... i felt guilty of being a whiner and i was like why all the hate man.... show some love people. On that note..... why is there no love for the Mustang on the forums here man, (oh boy i might get trashed for this oneon here, lol)..... I will agree and say the challenger really went to shit with there apparent "new car"..... but I think Mustang actually isn't that bad of a car.... although yes its much more retro, I think Ford did put a decent amount of thought into there car resulting in a decent car...... am I the only one that thinks that, lol (i assume im gunna get alotta yes's).

Srry guys, long day today.

JAY
Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #193
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It must have been a long day....lol...you're quoting yourself!!

Naw...I've done it too...just messin' w/ ya.

And, for those that want to answer the specific Mustang/Challenger stuff, please do so in the proper threads. Sorry Jay...would like to try to keep this pix of no camo thread as "on topic" as possible. Sure you understand and thanks!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #194
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It must have been a long day....lol...you're quoting yourself!!

Naw...I've done it too...just messin' w/ ya.

And, for those that want to answer the specific Mustang/Challenger stuff, please do so in the proper threads. Sorry Jay...would like to try to keep this pix of no camo thread as "on topic" as possible. Sure you understand and thanks!
no problemo

JAY
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #195
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
its like a hot girl..... she may have beautiful eyes(green to be exact for me), she may be tall and have long legs, nice flowing hair, the nicest rear end, etc... and then just because she has some weird looking toe-fingers.... you wouldn't have sex with her! Bullshit......
“Toe-fingers” I can handle, it's those dam Barney Rubble feet that creep me out...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #196
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Vents???

The Vents in front of the rear wheels are styling cues only , the 69 Camaro had the same style fake vents. I don't see a big deal about it... Like I said before if they had put the reverse lights in the inboard tail light or on in the lower Valence like the first Gen (67/68) it would have looked much better. But it isn't a deal breaker in my book. People can get so nit picky about certian stying clues (ie, reverse lights, On-Star antenna, vents, Gas cap location). that they miss the big picture. The big picture is THEY ARE GOING TO BUILD IT!!!.
You cannot please everyone about the styling of ANY car. So what some people hate others may love or it has no bearing on if they like or dislike the car. I for one have never liked every stying feature on any car I have owned, Have you?

Take the car for what it is intended, A modern Interpretation of what a 1st Gen Camaro would look like... I can see getting mad if all they were going to offer were 4 and V6 versions... that is a major issue.. these other issues are not worth whining about.

About the Gas cap on top of the rear fender.. Anyone remember the 68-70 Dodge Chargers? Where was the gas cap? On top of the left rear fender, It looked alot like the one on the concept Camaro, and in my opinion a DODGE styling clue has no business on a Camaro, BUT if it has it there I am not gonna hate the car, or complain about it, I will accept it that some like that style and if I want one I will have to take it as designed...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote