Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Camaro Order / Dealer Feelgood Story

So, back on October 11th, 2008 we take an order for a 2SS from an old friend/co-worker and it was cool becasue that happened to be his birthday. How often do you get to order a new "baby" on your birthday? The car gets ordered and we finally get allocation for his car this week (number 4 on our list).

We try to call our customers the week their Camaro gets allocated so they can come in and see the actual computer process and really get involved. So he decides to come in today. It is actually 6 months to the day that he placed the order (kinda cool and coincidental). We sit down and go over any last minute changes (if desired) and there are none. We also discussed the Camaro training session that his salesperson and I went to on Wednesday and we were doing the old, chatting about the black 2SS we saw and got into (his is a black 2SS as well) and we were all feeling pretty pumped up about Camaro and sales and all that stuff.

So I show him the computer screen and where his order is on the priority list and allocation screen. I thought it would be cool and said "How would you like to press the button to "place" your order into the system?"! So he came around to my side of the desk, clicked the mouse and in his order went into the next level. PRETTY COOL even if I do this all the time. He was pretty stoked as well. So I print off his order placement acknowledgement and gave that to him. NICE! BTW, his order shows a TPW of 5/4 - 5/10.

So he asks if we want to keep his car on display when it gets here for a few days and we say OK, sound like a plan. Here's what we're gonna do. When the car arrives, we will take it off the truck and put it in our indoor storage area. When he comes by, he can go with our prep tech to fill the tank and prep the car. We said he can clean it himself and then he can put it on the showrrom floor himself. We will then lock it up and rope it off for a few days. Whenever he wants to pick it up, he can then drive it off the showroom floor.

I think we'll get a pretty good CSI survey back with this customer.

Sounds like a plan.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Thats an great story. I wish all the dealers out there took such good care of their customers. My hats off to you!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Wasn't that two days before the official date of first orders????????????????
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
RPO_Z28

He came in and wrote the deal and the moment we were able to actually put orders in the system (10/13), in he went.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Excellent story RPO! I wish all dealers cared about their customers like this. I wish my dealer cared about me like this. Congrats to you and customer # 4!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
RPO_Z28

Funny part is that order #3 could care less about coming in. He just wants the car ASAP and doesn't want us to touch it.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
SandiCandi

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great story, you guys sound like REALLY understand customer service and engagement. Congrats on being one of the "good guys". (Sorry, I think dodge dealers used to be called "the good guys").
Old 04-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
RPO_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiCandi View Post
Great story, you guys sound like REALLY understand customer service and engagement. Congrats on being one of the "good guys". (Sorry, I think dodge dealers used to be called "the good guys").

We have a good relationship with our customer's that works both ways. It's one of mutual respect between the parties. We have had customers that we refused to take their orders on Camaro's for various reasons. If you, as a consumer, are being overbearing and obnoxious with your requests, we have the right to choose NOT to do business with you. Much like when a consumer doesn't like a particular dealer or salesperson. You choose not to do business with them as well.

We have found that both sides need to have mutual respect for the other and then all will be good in the long run.

I believe we have that with many of our customers. No one is perfect.