Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #169
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Looking good. Sux hearing about the injector issues... Hope you get that sorted out soon...
It does suck, but it could be worse. I'll get it sorted out soon enough.. I was pissed at first, then I thought about you and your waiting game and I felt better!

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 01-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #170
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Those gauges are beautiful!
Yeah I was reluctant to go with these gauges but now I'm glad I did, I really like the way they look with the white faces and black bezels.. and will match my white interior panels too. I like em!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #171
JantzenOKC

Got another important peice for my build...
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #172
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
It does suck, but it could be worse. I'll get it sorted out soon enough.. I was pissed at first, then I thought about you and your waiting game and I felt better!
WooHoo, glad I could help.... lol....

the far and away support staff...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #173
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
My boost controller finally showed up today! I thought it was lost in the mail. I ordered off Amazon Dec. 20th. It shipped on Dec. 22nd with 2 day shipping and never showed. Was in the process of getting a refund so I could order from somewhere else and low and behold it showed up today. Stupid USPS... Now I have everything I need to finish this project up. Just need to get some time to reinstall all these injectors and intake.
Looks good. Did yours come with different colored faces? Check the box.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #174
69LM1

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
They should have. My new ones are the same and they came with another set/color.

Rich
69LM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:43 PM   #175
JantzenOKC

Yes, they came with black faces and black bezels installed. I like the look of the white faces so I switched them out. It came with silver bezels too.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #176
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Yes, they came with black faces and black bezels installed. I like the look of the white faces so I switched them out. It came with silver bezels too.
It does look good.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #177
Goingfast

Drives: 2015 ss camaro
how low does the fabberage TT setup sit to the ground? im sitting with a 1" drop right now and i know the kit comes with the skid plate, but i want to make sure i wont have issues with clearance on the bottom. so if anyone has any information on how low the kit is to the ground would be greatly appreciated.!
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #178
JantzenOKC

Everything is tucked up nicely, nothing really sits below the subframe except the skid plate, which seems to sit about an inch below the subframe and then the bolts heads are pretty thick.. if I hit the bolts a lot then I might try to cut and recess the rear holes so the bolts will be tucked and not stick down. Haven't really drove around much yet so we will see.

I got everything back together but still need to run the wires for the boost controller and afr gauge. I need to figure out the best way to run all the wires and vacuum line through the firewall. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow.

I did start it today and let it idle for about 15 minutes while data logging it. Man does it sound mean at idle!! Brian with Fabberge and the tuner want me to make 3 data logs. One at idle, one driving around staying out of boost, and if all goes well, one driving around getting into boost. I don't want to go driving anymore until I get the gauges wired. Can't wait though! This install has definitely taken longer than I would have liked, mainly because this injector issue and me not having time to mess with it.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #179
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
With all the different turbo kit I've seem for the V6 are mount the same. If you hit or rip something off it was doing to hit the sub frame or exhaust pipes anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2015, 01:37 AM   #180
Goingfast

Drives: 2015 ss camaro
Okay. So their like at most a inch below the subframe? Thats basically thenskid plate or the bolts?
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #181
JantzenOKC

Here's a couple pics of the skid plate. The spacers are just temporary. You can see from the side shot how much I would gain by recessing the rear holes. Plus that way when I hit the skid plate it would distribute all the stress. I'm afraid if I hit the heads of those bolts that it will mess up the nut setters that they thread into.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2015, 07:28 PM   #182
JantzenOKC

I think I finally got all the bugs worked out, the car is running great. Maybe a little on the rich side but I'm sure it's just the safe canned tune. I'm going to drive it like this for awhile on just the wastegates, maybe a few hundred miles. Then were going to data log back and forth and make a better tune with more timing and more power and turn up the boost.

Permagrin has definitely been installed!! I loved the General Gmax all seasons before but now I'm not sure they are going to cut it. But for now that's ok, they will be the savior for my little rear diff and axles. Next step will be an SS diff (or 1LE, need to look into it more) and maybe some 18" drag radials.