Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 AM   #15
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
^ gamma lids make the buckets water tight so you won't spill any water. Bringing them along ready to go allows for a proper wash of the vehicle. You NEVER want to use those brushes the place provides let alone their soap. The brushes will scratch your finish and who knows what type of soap they're using.

So the buckets with lids allow for the actual washing, the car wash bay allows for the pre-rinse and final rinse before and after the actual washing.
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #16
goblue255

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
^ gamma lids make the buckets water tight so you won't spill any water. Bringing them along ready to go allows for a proper wash of the vehicle. You NEVER want to use those brushes the place provides let alone their soap. The brushes will scratch your finish and who knows what type of soap they're using.

So the buckets with lids allow for the actual washing, the car wash bay allows for the pre-rinse and final rinse before and after the actual washing.
Sorry I meant bring your own buckets, wash mitt, and soap but wait to fill them up with the car wash water once you get there.
goblue255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #17
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
I see.
Bringing your own stuff ensures you're using quality clean materials for starters. Second - the pressure at the place isn't adjustable so there's no way to fill a bucket there. This is why your best bet is to fill everything at home with nice hot water (bath tub or laundry room), seal it up, and take it with you.
Additionally, you'd have to pay for the water at the car wash bay with quarters rather than having the perfect amount brought from home.
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #18
waqastariq

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue255 View Post
So I picked up my Camaro 3 weeks ago and live in an apartment, which makes it very difficult to wash my car properly very often. This will especially be a problem in the winter when I want to get a wash with underbody rinse at least once a week to get rid of the Michigan highway salt. I know of one brushless carwash in Ann Arbor at a gas station, and tried to make my car there, but the bottom scraped the guide rail so I didn't go through it.

I've seen a lot of posts of people taking their Camaros through touchless car washes, and was wondering if anyone knows of one that the Camaro fits through in metro Detroit or A2? I live in A2 but work in Southfield, so I drive near a large number of cities in Metro Detroit every day(Livonia, Canton, Novi, Farmington Hills, Southfield). I would greatly appreciate any help at finding a car wash that will be relatively safe on my car! Thanks so much!
Have you tried DetailXperts in Detroit?

They provide professional steam cleaning service, steam cleaning is far better than conventional cleaning in many ways, nothing touches your vehicle, every thing is cleaned fully (like vents of air conditioning etc) and seats mats are left Bactria free as well. I love there service when I was in permanently in Detroit,. Check them out here: http://www.detailxperts.net/
waqastariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #19
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqastariq View Post
Have you tried DetailXperts in Detroit?

They provide professional steam cleaning service, steam cleaning is far better than conventional cleaning in many ways, nothing touches your vehicle, every thing is cleaned fully (like vents of air conditioning etc) and seats mats are left Bactria free as well. I love there service when I was in permanently in Detroit,. Check them out here: http://www.detailxperts.net/
That sounds awesome. So then do they just flood the car with air afterwards to get rid of the moisture?

Tags
ann arbor, automatic car wash, detroit, michigan