Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Thank God For Member: bjschubert And His IOM SS/RS Pics!

I just want to thank bjschubert personally for taking those amazing photos of the Inferno Orange Metallic with Cyber Gray Rally Stripes! They were breath taking and after seenig them it is clear to me now that I must order this color combo, pretty much the same exact car in the pics except no sunroof, I love the reverse mohawk, and polished wheels for me!

When the Camaro first came out as a concept I prayed for an Orange not even a year later we were graced with the Hugger Orange Convertible. But, last summer when the colors were released and Hugger Orange wasn't there I was so mad that Irefused to buy an Orange Camaro till they brought the Hugger Orange back, until I saw these pics! And, I'm gonig to see IOM in person on Thurs. NY Auto Show! I can't wait. It has been a very stressful process for me and as most of you know I've switched my color about 4-5 times now. But, it seems now I have found my color! Hopefully! Otherwise my wife is gonig to kill me!

So, again bjschubert thanks for those amazing pics they made a difference afterall!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Not to be a downer... but I saw IOM for the first time in person the other day. It was a "burnt" orange color ..and by burnt I mean "brown-orange" not a fiery "red-orange" like I had expected. Granted it was overcast here in michigan so I couldn't see it gleam - overall and sadly, I was not impressed with the color.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The 'burnt' orange colors are the only ones I like on a vehicle. The ones that appear more 'copper' are even better.

It sounds like IOM may be a more attractive color than I thought.

(Personally I hate 'red-orange' colored cars... Or pure 'pumpkin' orange. Bleck! I hated the orange interior when I saw it at the Philly Auto Show. Much too loud.)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I just want to thank bjschubert personally for taking those amazing photos of the Inferno Orange Metallic with Cyber Gray Rally Stripes! They were breath taking and after seenig them it is clear to me now that I must order this color combo, pretty much the same exact car in the pics except no sunroof, I love the reverse mohawk, and polished wheels for me!

When the Camaro first came out as a concept I prayed for an Orange not even a year later we were graced with the Hugger Orange Convertible. But, last summer when the colors were released and Hugger Orange wasn't there I was so mad that Irefused to buy an Orange Camaro till they brought the Hugger Orange back, until I saw these pics! And, I'm gonig to see IOM in person on Thurs. NY Auto Show! I can't wait. It has been a very stressful process for me and as most of you know I've switched my color about 4-5 times now. But, it seems now I have found my color! Hopefully! Otherwise my wife is gonig to kill me!

So, again bjschubert thanks for those amazing pics they made a difference afterall!
My advise to you would be to look at all the IOM pics because this color can change in the different lighting. Also look at other cars in person with this color to see how it looks in person. I love IOM, but it does change some and it's certaintly not Hugger Orange.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post

Where's the link to these pics? Thanks.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
The link: http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...amaro/?start=1

I gotta say Thanks to bjschubert And His IOM SS/RS Pics as well... This is the exact combo I already ordered.

I've seen the IOM on the pontiac solstice. In bright light, it's breathtaking. In dawn or dusk, it looks very victory red. In certain overcast conditions, it looks like that scary tomato soup. In the dark, it looks, well... honestly, in the dark, all the colors look the same.

I plan on keeping mine waxed (I waxed my "old" car for about 7 years straight at least once a week as a hobby), so I am really excited about the color. I can see the possibility of someone not wanting to keep this color clean getting faded really quick. When this color isn't shiny, it doesn't hold up as well as a "nonshiny" red or yellow. But when it's shiny, and you live in Florida, MAN!!!! This color can't be beat (IMO)...
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Where's the link to these pics? Thanks.
Or here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18158
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Are there any other Camaro's in the US ?
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Not to be a downer... but I saw IOM for the first time in person the other day. It was a "burnt" orange color ..and by burnt I mean "brown-orange" not a fiery "red-orange" like I had expected. Granted it was overcast here in michigan so I couldn't see it gleam - overall and sadly, I was not impressed with the color.
I'll be sure to bring mine next month to IKEA on a sunny day!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote